PDA

View Full Version : I need help looking for a job and accomodation on Tenerife with a limited budget!

carly21
10-05-2012, 00:20
Hi guys, I'm new to all this so forgive me if i'm posting it all wrong!
I've just come back from Tenerife from a 5 day holiday & i've decided to move over. I've been 4 times so I know Las Americas pretty well and my friend used to work there so she's told me all about it! Problem is I'm moving over on my own!
I've booked my flight for Tuesday 5th June. I'm planning on booking a hotel for a week or two just to give me some time to find somewhere to live and also a job? I don't really want to do PR work or be shot girl (basically anything that's just commission based) but I suppose I'll take whatever I can get! I'll have about £800 (bit more when turned into Euros) to start me off with. If anybody knows anyone who's looking for a flatmate (preferably downtown so it's not too far away from everything) then i'd be MORE than grateful if you could let me know! Also any jobs going anywhere aswel then please throw them my way!

Originally I was going to book on with Playaway or Airpro but because i've left it late to book it they're asking for £600+ and I don't want to be left with none of my own money in case it all goes wrong and I can't get home!

If anyone has any information that would help me out & help me get started then please reply or contact me by PM

tizzywizzy
10-05-2012, 10:13
Good luck but i would say you need more than £800 to come over with.

Angusjim
10-05-2012, 10:24
I think the title of the thread says it all.:crazy:

YOUNG GOLFER
10-05-2012, 11:26
Hi guys, I'm new to all this so forgive me if i'm posting it all wrong!
I've just come back from Tenerife from a 5 day holiday & i've decided to move over. I've been 4 times so I know Las Americas pretty well and my friend used to work there so she's told me all about it! Problem is I'm moving over on my own!
I've booked my flight for Tuesday 5th June. I'm planning on booking a hotel for a week or two just to give me some time to find somewhere to live and also a job? I don't really want to do PR work or be shot girl (basically anything that's just commission based) but I suppose I'll take whatever I can get! I'll have about £800 (bit more when turned into Euros) to start me off with. If anybody knows anyone who's looking for a flatmate (preferably downtown so it's not too far away from everything) then i'd be MORE than grateful if you could let me know! Also any jobs going anywhere aswel then please throw them my way!

Originally I was going to book on with Playaway or Airpro but because i've left it late to book it they're asking for £600+ and I don't want to be left with none of my own money in case it all goes wrong and I can't get home!

If anyone has any information that would help me out & help me get started then please reply or contact me by PM

Hi 800 pounds is about 975€ to find a apartment even a real cheap one will cost around 350€ a month and that's without leaving a deposit of one month which would be 700€

Finding a flat mate to share let's just say 450€ for a one bed you will have to pay half which will be 225€ a month if you don't find work within 2 months that apartment would of cost you 450€....that's without food and drink.

My advice book somewhere for 2 weeks have a great holiday 975€ should be about right food drinks ect and a flight back.

Save up a bit more money if you plan to live here try to put aside 3 months rent and cost of food and drinks and a price of a flight back should be around 3,000€ 2.500 pounds.

Good luck.

fonica
10-05-2012, 12:06
With hundreds if not thousands of young people with the same idea as you,it isn't going to be easy to find work.You will really struggle to make a living wage here as 25% of the young people are unemployed.Good luck but make sure you have a lot more money saved before you come and then be prepared to spend the lot and end up going home.

ezzy
11-08-2012, 00:42
I lived out in Tenerife for a year although it was 4years ago, I can't imagine it has changed drastically. Work is hard to come by and many have to start commission based so as to prove your worth due to so many young people travelling over with the same intention. Personally I wouldn't live in las Americas because it's very easy to get sucked into the party lifestyle and left with little money and yes that's speaking from experience haha. I don't want to put you off because I would recommend Tenerife to anyone young or old but I went over with a good bulk of savings and it only lasted around 4 months. Many go over on a whim and even with lots of planning I had to return to the uk a year later so do your research and save as much as you can. Also check back here nearer to you coming out because im sure youll find a friend or two along the way who may be wanting to do the same thing. Good luck, I'm sure you'll gave a blast :)

fonica
11-08-2012, 19:14
I lived out in Tenerife for a year although it was 4years ago, I can't imagine it has changed drastically. Work is hard to come by and many have to start commission based so as to prove your worth due to so many young people travelling over with the same intention. Personally I wouldn't live in las Americas because it's very easy to get sucked into the party lifestyle and left with little money and yes that's speaking from experience haha. I don't want to put you off because I would recommend Tenerife to anyone young or old but I went over with a good bulk of savings and it only lasted around 4 months. Many go over on a whim and even with lots of planning I had to return to the uk a year later so do your research and save as much as you can. Also check back here nearer to you coming out because im sure youll find a friend or two along the way who may be wanting to do the same thing. Good luck, I'm sure you'll gave a blast :)
Believe me,it has changed a great deal in 4 years.It was never easy but now it's tough,really tough.The cost of living has increased and work is almost impossible to find.New laws mean that you can only get a social security number if you have a proper work contract and they are as rare as white tigers on the island.Without a social security number you don't have the right to medical care or unemployment /sickness benefit.COme and enjoy a holiday over here but wait until things improve before making any major moves.