PDA

View Full Version : How Does Correos Work In Tenerife ?

orphias
10-05-2012, 10:53
Hi

After waiting two weeks for a parcel to be delivered, today i called Correos to ask why has the package not arrived. After going through a dozen answer machines i finally got through to an english operator. Providing them with the tracking code they confirmed the parcel was in Tenerife Santa Cruz and had already cleared through customs but had not yet been dispatched to the confirmed address.

I asked why after nearly two weeks but they didn't have a answer. Leaving my email and mobile number they said they would contact me ASAP to confirm when the parcel will be sent and gave options for delivery, Post Office pick up or parcel to the door, i chose parcel to door as i don't have a car.

Why if the package is already in Tenerife and has cleared through customs have they not yet sent it to me ???

9PLUS
10-05-2012, 11:19
Why if the package is already in Tenerife and has cleared through customs have they not yet sent it to me ???

Answer:- They confirmed the parcel was in Tenerife Santa Cruz and had already cleared through customs but had not yet been dispatched to the confirmed address.

Answer in a nutshell:- Wait for it to be sent to you.

Answer in a nutshell II:-Why = the time it takes to go through another 50000 other gone through customs items.

chifleta
10-05-2012, 22:27
we're in Tenerife, ours is not to question why.............. i'm still waiting for a parcel of maternity clothes sent by my cousin......... my son is 19 years old now :crylaughing:

Added after 5 minutes:

apologies for joking with you, it's 9PLUS fault, he's encourable, my naughty side comes out when I see his posts :lots-jumping::lots-jumping:

I find when I get small jiffy bag type packages, they normally get here pretty quick, but if it's a larger package they're probably deciding if it's business stuff where they can charge you tax .... count to 10, we've all learnt a lot of patience here, those of us that have lived here since nineteen hundred and frozen to death (or burnt to a frazzle in this case :spin:)

TenerifeTeddy
11-05-2012, 09:15
We have generally found the correos to be very good, with the odd glitch thrown in, just so you don´t become complacent :)

We get regular deliveries of cards and DVD´s, and these are routinely delivered with no problems and never seem to be stopped by customs.

Occasionally MrsTT will order something from Evans or similar and this is nearly always stopped by customs and import taxes charged.

The biggest problems we have seen are caused by staff shortages or the system being swamped.

Around 3 Christmases ago we didn't receive any parcels for 6 weeks, though we were assured they had been sent. We later found out that every parcel had just been returned to the UK. This included goods from suppliers and Christmas presents from family. The reason was some industrial action had taken place that caused a huge backlog, so to clear it they just shipped everything back to point of origin.:(

On other occasions we may not get any mail for 2-3 weeks whilst our correos lady is on holiday. They have no cover , so when she returns, she staggers in like santa with very large bundle.:spin:

It's just the way of things here, and you just have to go with the flow, or else you end up with a very sore head, banging it against the wall repeatedly.:)

bonitatime
11-05-2012, 14:42
I have generally had no problem with post. We send quite a lot from here which all arrives although a parcel to Germany last month took 5 weeks.
I have a post box account but the last place we lived we had a problem with stuff going from the mail boxes but that was kids
Generally I haven't been caught with tax from Amazon although I always get caught if I buy something from DLRP

casabonny
11-05-2012, 16:13
Its come in fits and starts for us.We NEVER received post at our community ( they selcted what we could and couldnt have but thats another story!0 so we got a po box.Generally no problems with this but yesterday got a note in the box saying that only our sl company could receive post and no one else unless we paid! I have been today to speak with the Director who assured me that this was wrong, said she would speak to the appropriate staff and for me not to worry.I asked her to confirm that no parcels or post in my name would or have been returnred and she said no.This is not true as a set of earings were returned to Amazon but the second pair arrived safely, she said she would look into it!
At Christmas time it seems to be alright although slow but all in all apart from the queues and sour looking and totally unfreindly staff it works fairly well.

bonitatime
11-05-2012, 21:13
Every name on a post box address is supposed to be paid for separately but they generally seem not to enforce this

orphias
12-05-2012, 01:16
Am i right in saying if I'm not home when the parcel arrives, a slip will be left in the box to confirm which post office to collect the package from ?

Sorry first ever delivery.

slodgedad
12-05-2012, 01:26
Am i right in saying if I'm not home when the parcel arrives, a slip will be left in the box to confirm which post office to collect the package from ?

Sorry first ever delivery.

Yes. A yellow note is left with details of the local PO where you can collect.

chifleta
12-05-2012, 14:40
Yes. A yellow note is left with details of the local PO where you can collect.

adding on to what Slodgehead says, always go the day AFTER you receive the note though..... I made that mistake, oh oh excitement, a package has arrived... went in the afternoon and it wasn't there yet LOL

gandt2000
12-05-2012, 15:44
Correos are a rule unto themselves.
We lived in a community when we first got here, and most of our post did not make it to us and had to be collected from the post office.
We now live in a villa and all the issues have gone away.
Last week we even had a parcel delivered from Amazon and it was just thrown well over the wall into the confirnes of the property.
If the address is slightly different to what they are expecting, it will not arrive.
Check and check again that the address is right before sending otherwise it will fall into the big Correos black hole.

We find the best place to send from is the Airport in the south.
It seems to leave the island the same day if required.
The lady who serves is very helpful and will always help with the Spanish lessons in a good way.

Hope your parcel arrives soon

Loaded
12-05-2012, 18:33
Re the yellow
Slip... They usually leave that even if
You are in.....

orphias
12-05-2012, 21:23
I received this email from Correos concerning the package, unfortunately i don't speak spanish, could somebody please translate ??? thank you.

EL ENVIO LLEVA DESDE EL 1/05/2012 EN TENERIFE, HAY VARIOS EVENTOS PERO NO SALE NINGUNA INFORMACION SOBRE TRAMITACION ADUANERA NI QUE EL ENVIO SALGA A REPARTO. EL CLIENTE PASÓ UNA CONSULTA LA SEMANA PASADA (CREE QUE EL VIERNES) PERO NO SE LE CONTESTA. ESPERA RECIBIR EL ENVIO O AL MENOS ALGUNA INFORMACION SOBRE EL MISMO, A SER POSIBLE EN INGLÉS. MUCHAS GRACIAS

samnickgodber
13-05-2012, 08:17
I received this email from Correos concerning the package, unfortunately i don't speak spanish, could somebody please translate ??? thank you.

EL ENVIO LLEVA DESDE EL 1/05/2012 EN TENERIFE, HAY VARIOS EVENTOS PERO NO SALE NINGUNA INFORMACION SOBRE TRAMITACION ADUANERA NI QUE EL ENVIO SALGA A REPARTO. EL CLIENTE PASÓ UNA CONSULTA LA SEMANA PASADA (CREE QUE EL VIERNES) PERO NO SE LE CONTESTA. ESPERA RECIBIR EL ENVIO O AL MENOS ALGUNA INFORMACION SOBRE EL MISMO, A SER POSIBLE EN INGLÉS. MUCHAS GRACIAS

TAKE DELIVERY FROM 5/1/2012 TO TENERIFE, BUT THERE ARE SEVERAL EVENTS NO SALE NO CUSTOMS INFORMATION PROCESSING OR THAT THE SENDING OUT A DEAL. A CONSULTATION CLIENT PASSED LAST WEEK (FRIDAY YOU THINK) BUT IS NOT ANSWER. EXPECTED RECEIVE LESS SHIPPING OR ANY INFORMATION, TO BE POSSIBLE IN ENGLISH. THANK YOU

Done by using google translate, sorry i don´t really understand what its saying x

chifleta
13-05-2012, 13:20

the package is in Tenerife since 1/5/2012, there are various "events"? but no information regarding the customs (aduana) procedure, no even that the post has gone out to delivery!..... the client has been in to post office last week to enquire (I think it was Friday) but I didn't reply. I hope to recieve the package or at least some information regarding it, and if possible in English. Many thanks.

more or less translation, i've got a migraine and the old brain isn't working too welll.... sounds like the person you saw in post office sent this to the customs.... i'm sure someone will correct if i've translated wrong... good luck :)

orphias
13-05-2012, 14:45
Thanks both of you for the translation.

The original order went in on the 26.4.2012. meaning it took 4 days for DHL to dispatch the parcel from Germany to Tenerife which is accurate on their behalf. However it also means the parcel has been sat in storage in Santa Cruz for 2 weeks.

Why is it taking so long for them to deliver the package ??? Does anyone know if there's an option to drive to Santa Cruz approach them with your details and collect the package in person ??? Because for all i know it could take them "another 2 weeks" to send it ???

Frustrating.

9PLUS
13-05-2012, 14:59
Were DHL used as a courier service to your door ?

chifleta
13-05-2012, 15:09
it may even have been sat in Madrid for a week or so.......... !!!!

orphias
14-05-2012, 11:48
My only concern now is because Correos have confirmed 100% that the package is with them in Santa Cruz, meaning if they have it, they can't loose it ? But still will i ever get it ???

orphias
15-05-2012, 10:45
chifleta was right, after contacing Corroes again yesterday it was confirmed the package was sat in Madrid for a week before being shipped to Tenerife on 7.5.12. Providing them again with all my details i hope it arrives some time soon ???

samnickgodber
15-05-2012, 12:05
chifleta was right, after contacing Corroes again yesterday it was confirmed the package was sat in Madrid for a week before being shipped to Tenerife on 7.5.12. Providing them again with all my details i hope it arrives some time soon ???

Typical, it was the same with my parcel,,, give it another week or two and you should get it :goodluck:

orphias
16-05-2012, 12:04
Why is it a "nightmare" with the Correos system over here ? You would think being in the 21st century with todays technology the (digital age) things would get from A to B in sufficient time, but thats just not the case over here.

I mean "come on" it's not an 1810 Postal Service via horse and cart anymore is it.

chifleta
16-05-2012, 12:08

ahhhh I just love it when i'm right :eyebrows:

Added after 2 minutes:

Why is it a "nightmare" with the Correos system over here ? You would think being in the 21st century with todays technology the (digital age) things would get from A to B in sufficient time, but thats just not the case over here.

I mean "come on" it's not an 1810 Postal Service via horse and cart anymore is it.

when in Rome Orphias, when in Rome...... you smile, and carry on as normal :spin: took me 14 years to learn patience, it's a beautiful life once you accept the way things are done here, personally, compared to 20 years ago, it's all pretty organised and quick LMFAO ... who remembers having to go to Santa Cruz at poo o'clock in the morning to get a number to apply for your Residencia??? hahahaha ....... I rest my case :raspberry:

orphias
17-05-2012, 22:19
Package arrived!!!!!! OVER THE MOON.

Thanks for all you support everyone, i guess your right chifleta, patience is the answer.

karinagal
18-05-2012, 00:38
Package arrived!!!!!! OVER THE MOON.

Thanks for all you support everyone, i guess your right chifleta, patience is the answer.

Yay! Thank goodness for that! I had visions of the delivery van parking outside and you emerging like the Tasmanian devil destroying everything that stood between you and your parcel!!!! :D :p :D

The undisputed queen of de-nial