PDA

View Full Version : Other Question about my puppy?

Jhonalid1
10-05-2012, 20:28
Okay so on my puppies back, near her tail, she's always itching, she's had her flea and tick treatment and she honestly doesnt spend that much time outside just running around, she's either in our fenced in backyard or when we take her for walks, it looks like she has like built up something, idk if its dandruff or like overactive sebaceous(oil) glands, it's not hurting her or anything and itsn't below the skin or even attached to anything so i doubt its anything to worry about, just kinda annoying, i've scrubbed her down in the bathtub trying to see if that helps, it didnt, so i was just wondering if anyone knows what this might be? It's not skin cancer or anything, she had something come up and got antibiotics for it and they drained and got fluid from it and sent it be tested for cancer, it was just her getting stung by something or poked by a thorn, so we know she doesnt have any skin cancer. She doesn't act any different or have any other effects other then that little spot.

timmylish
10-05-2012, 22:34
Is she a Labrador pup by chance?
I ask because years ago when I was involved in their breesing we noticed that many found that part of the back to be delicate and itchy, loved it scratched etc.
Hopefully she,ll grow out of it soon.