PDA

View Full Version : 700th Edition of The Sky at Night

Margaretta
10-05-2012, 20:50
Many congratulations to the brilliant Sir Patrick Moore on the 700th edition of The Sky at Night.

A brilliant man, brilliant programme and great astronomers, biologists and scientists with him.
He's been my hero for as long as I can remember and long may he continue to share his enthusiasm, knowledge and humour with us all. One of our greatest Englishmen.:c2::c2::c2::c2::c2::c2:

Vortex Wake
10-05-2012, 21:20
I have a friend who does astronomy and has had dinner with Sir Patrick on a few occasions .

PS , he likes his :wine::wine::wine::wine:

Margaretta
10-05-2012, 22:38
Good for him Vortex. How I envy your friend! The nearest I got was in a theatre when Sir Patrick gave a talk about the solar system. I was beside myself with excitement when he answered two of my questions. I asked whether the universe was falling in space and which were the most magnetic poles in our solar system. I shook hands with him afterwards and he signed my book along with those of most of the rest of audience. That was about eight years ago. He can drink as much wine as he likes. It will never detract from the amazing qualities of this remarkable, inspirational astronomer.