PDA

View Full Version : Internet Problems with my VPN and BBC iPlayer in Tenerife

finca18jrl
11-05-2012, 12:17
We pay monthly to have UK VPN and are currently having problems watching programs via the BBC iPlayer,
where it says "Licence Pending" alongside a download. We can watch on-line though, but always avoid this on the
BBC site as it buffers badly. Does anyone else have this problem? It started a few days ago.
Thank you in advance!

fonica
11-05-2012, 12:26
Download EXPAT SHIELD it's free and gives a great service.

finca18jrl
11-05-2012, 19:49
Download EXPAT SHIELD it's free and gives a great service.
Thanks Fonica, will give it a try!

sunseeker
12-05-2012, 09:32
it depends on ur vpn. u would have to contact the company u buy it off. mines fine.

timmylish
12-05-2012, 15:33
We pay monthly to have UK VPN and are currently having problems watching programs via the BBC iPlayer,
where it says "Licence Pending" alongside a download. We can watch on-line though, but always avoid this on the
BBC site as it buffers badly. Does anyone else have this problem? It started a few days ago.
Thank you in advance!

Get onto the LIVE HELP ASSISTANCE and they,ll sort your problem out immediately. It may be an issue with the Beeb themselves as it does not seem to be a technical problem. I,ve looked and have no such a problem.

timmylish
12-05-2012, 22:04
One word - eejit!

finca18jrl
13-05-2012, 13:00
Thank you so much all for your comments/help.

I downloaded the free service mentioned by fonica... same problem. I've re-installed the iPlayer... same problem. I've contacted our vpn provider and they have no useful suggestions. It's driving me nuts!

timmylish
13-05-2012, 13:10
I,m not entirely sure what you are "downloading" on the iPlayer tbh.
Personally I,ve only ever used the iPlayer catch up programmes and watch BBC channels directly. I,m surprised that you say the main sites 'buffer" if you have a speed of over 2 or 3 gbps but the iPlayer doesn,t?
How long has this been the case? Perhaps ask VPNUK to put you onto another server? I cannot think of any other suggestions tbh. I,ve just checked my d/l speed on the VPN and whilst its only 6 mgps (due to Sunday traffic locally and normally 8 to 8,5).

fonica
14-05-2012, 09:05
I watched it all on expat and it was perfect!!!!