PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy outfit for a wedding

caroletenerife
12-05-2012, 08:50
Hi,
I am mother of the bride in October, Can anyone recommend somewhere that has nice outfits (I dont do flowery numbers though lol). I have seen nice things but most of it it is a bit young and SHORT!!!, Im trying hard not to go mutton dressed as lamb x thanks for any suggestions x

Jackie
12-05-2012, 09:09
Hi,
I am mother of the bride in October, Can anyone recommend somewhere that has nice outfits (I dont do flowery numbers though lol). I have seen nice things but most of it it is a bit young and SHORT!!!, Im trying hard not to go mutton dressed as lamb x thanks for any suggestions x

Try Blazer in Los Cristianos..not cheap but some stunning dresses etc. or the Wedding shop in Cabo Blanco also sell 'mother of the bride' dresses but nothing 'flowery'. They are the sort of dresses that would be good for any 'special occassion'

Megaloo
12-05-2012, 09:19
Have you a Punto Roma near you they sometimes have suitable outfits .?

Angusjim
12-05-2012, 11:27
Hi,

Have you tried the Abbeygate :tiphat:

Suej
12-05-2012, 11:54
Hi,

I thought Zara did some nice wedding type outfits, they're not all short and their garments are really well cut! Try on some things that you might not consider normally you might be surprised how nice they look! (not muttony) Remember you're the Mother of the bride not the Grandmother! :wink:

caroletenerife
12-05-2012, 12:20
haha, yeh even though i feel like it sometimes. I have a double dilema as im giving her away so i need to coordinate with my daughter and bridesmaids, so ivory and a dash of crimson red. I have seen some lovely things in debenhams but teal and fushia pink seem to be the order of the day this summer, I shall not be daunted, shall have a look in zara and up in santa Cruz when i get back x

Suej
12-05-2012, 12:29
haha, yeh even though i feel like it sometimes. I have a double dilema as im giving her away so i need to coordinate with my daughter and bridesmaids, so ivory and a dash of crimson red. I have seen some lovely things in debenhams but teal and fushia pink seem to be the order of the day this summer, I shall not be daunted, shall have a look in zara and up in santa Cruz when i get back x

You could always go for an Ivory outfit and just add shoes and accessories in the red/pink! Good luck I'm sure you will look the Bizz!