PDA

View Full Version : Parking Query - Puerto Colon

Tdm
12-05-2012, 10:39
There is a Car Park next to the Snooker Hall overlooking the Harbour at Puerto Colon.
If you drive in on the right hand side there are barriers at both end and you have to pay to get out.
If you take the left lane there are no barriers and a number of Parking spaces and if you park in one you don't pay and there are no barriers when you leave.
The sign there for these parking places translates as "Parking only for Tourists", but it is always full of locally registered cars (not hired ones) and I parked there myself last night for a couple of hours whilst having a meal at Gran Paella.
What exactly are the "Rules" re parking on the Left there, does anyone know? :confused:

TenerifePool
12-05-2012, 11:00
The sign says "turismos" which means private cars.

seanocelt
12-05-2012, 11:04
Yes, i parked on the left when gigging in the port, as, if i parked right and paid i wwould be locked in as they close at midnight! One of many reasons i now avoid the port, aint worth the hassle.

Leam_Lin
12-05-2012, 17:27
There is a Car Park next to the Snooker Hall overlooking the Harbour at Puerto Colon.
If you drive in on the right hand side there are barriers at both end and you have to pay to get out.
If you take the left lane there are no barriers and a number of Parking spaces and if you park in one you don't pay and there are no barriers when you leave.
The sign there for these parking places translates as "Parking only for Tourists", but it is always full of locally registered cars (not hired ones) and I parked there myself last night for a couple of hours whilst having a meal at Gran Paella.
What exactly are the "Rules" re parking on the Left there, does anyone know? :confused:

Don't park outside Gran Paella (the yellow markings are almost invisible) every now & again plod on a bike arrives & then followed by a grua truck, & your car disappears to the car pound.

Mad panic as everyone parked outside quickly remove their vehicle, or try to!

Tdm
12-05-2012, 17:53
The sign says "turismos" which means private cars.

According to my Spanish/English Dictionary the definition of turismo is either "tourism" or "tourists" ,
but it does also mention "car", but that has always been "coche" in my book.

Loaded
12-05-2012, 18:27
Turismo means car in this context