PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen any good movies recently?

CurlyStraw
13-05-2012, 11:46
Just saw Crazy, Stupid, Love. Great cast and writing.

Any other suggestions?

cainaries
13-05-2012, 11:51
Yesterday afternoon I saw 'Gaslight' for the first time (made, I think, in 1944). It was beautifully written and acted. Sometimes the old ones are the best.

marbro8
13-05-2012, 13:21
i will let you know in a few day's, i have got war hoarse, sherlock holmes, hangover 1&2 to watch on the plane:wink:

cainaries
13-05-2012, 14:28
i will let you know in a few day's, i have got war hoarse, sherlock holmes, hangover 1&2 to watch on the plane:wink:

Apparently War Horse makes grown men weep. Years ago I was on a flight on my own and, to my surprise, they showed The Queen (Helen Mirren). When they got to the funeral of the late Princess of Wales I confess tears came to my eyes. The woman across the aisle tapped me lightly on the arm and pointed to her husband who was howling with grief. I had to give them a packet of tissues. So travel well prepared!

Suej
13-05-2012, 14:31
Anyone seen Iron Lady?

red_orange
13-05-2012, 14:34
I recommend "The Artist" even if it seems a little classic..it fascinates you eventually. Great soundtrack!

mike in chayofa
13-05-2012, 14:42
Anyone seen Iron Lady?

Yep. It was OK, but not outstanding. Worth watching perhaps out of interest.

I am surprised that MT allowed it, it tends to show her in later years as slightly deranged.

marbro8
13-05-2012, 14:51
Apparently War Horse makes grown men weep. Years ago I was on a flight on my own and, to my surprise, they showed The Queen (Helen Mirren). When they got to the funeral of the late Princess of Wales I confess tears came to my eyes. The woman across the aisle tapped me lightly on the arm and pointed to her husband who was howling with grief. I had to give them a packet of tissues. So travel well prepared!oh no that's it i aint watchin it then cus i cried at the elephant man:ashamed:

I am surprised that MT allowed it, it tends to show her in later years as slightly deranged.true to life then because she has dementure now

9PLUS
13-05-2012, 14:56

I am surprised that MT allowed it, it tends to show her in later years as slightly deranged.

Agree with Mike could of been an EPIC ICON movie

yourneighbourdi
13-05-2012, 16:44
The Boat that rocked 2009..memories.. recognize all the Radio Caroline Dj's!