PDA

View Full Version : Alternative areas to buy an apartment in Tenerife.

Ed3229
15-05-2012, 07:22
What area's would members recommend to buy an apartment away from LC/PDLA.
It would be for family holidays and rental when not used by us.
It would need to be on/near a bus route and on/not far from the coast.
We would like to stay in the south but would consider part way north.

Over to you guys.......:tiphat:

Forgot to add the budget would be around 100,000 euro..

blue marlin
15-05-2012, 09:10
unless you buy a tourist licensed property you wont be able to rent short term ie weeks at a time as it is illegal to rent out residential property i am sure others will give you more info

Ed3229
15-05-2012, 09:15
unless you buy a tourist licensed property you wont be able to rent short term ie weeks at a time as it is illegal to rent out residential property i am sure others will give you more info

Not looking for a residential property....Have read on the forum about the renting rules.

Renting out is not high on my list as I will have no mortgage just enough renting to cover yearly fees...

blue marlin
15-05-2012, 09:16
Not looking for a residential property....Have read on the forum about the renting rules.

thats ok then just checking :)

Ed3229
15-05-2012, 09:43
Los Gigantes ?
Puerto de Santiago ?
Alcalá ?
Playa San Juan ?
Any more ?

AL JAY
15-05-2012, 17:32
Los Abrigos or Callao Salvaje!

junglejim
15-05-2012, 18:22
Depends what you mean by near coast - Adeje town is 10mins by bus from coast but far enough from PDLA - plenty to do around town -great recreational facilities and cultural centre .

Tojack
15-05-2012, 19:51
I was going to say Chayofa.But no good for rentals.

doreen
15-05-2012, 20:48

Ed - Have you remembered the closing costs ... min. 7.5%

lapalma
15-05-2012, 22:34
We would like to stay in the south but would consider part way north.

Over to you guys.......:tiphat:

Away from Tenerife,why not go to rural Aberdeenshire where you can pick up a wonderful property which will increase in value from day one and will not have the same buying/selling costs as the Canary Islands.As I say to all of my family only spend what you can afford so that all purchases make a profit .100,000 euros will buy you a good property in Scotland,that even if you rent will give back at least 10% per annum in rentals.Enjoy spending your cash,just be thoughtful of where you spend it.

Ed3229
16-05-2012, 06:12
Away from Tenerife,why not go to rural Aberdeenshire where you can pick up a wonderful property which will increase in value from day one and will not have the same buying/selling costs as the Canary Islands.As I say to all of my family only spend what you can afford so that all purchases make a profit .100,000 euros will buy you a good property in Scotland,that even if you rent will give back at least 10% per annum in rentals.Enjoy spending your cash,just be thoughtful of where you spend it.
I have a house in Hampshire that's being renovated for rental and will be ready in July.
Sorry to say but I have never been to Scotland its on my list of places to visit..:)

Added after 8 minutes:

Ed - Have you remembered the closing costs ... min. 7.5%

Fuerteventura looks better value property's are a bit cheaper but like any purchase they all have pro's/cons.
I have ruled out Gran Canaria and Lanzarote...

welshman
16-05-2012, 22:52
I have a house in Hampshire that's being renovated for rental and will be ready in July.
Sorry to say but I have never been to Scotland its on my list of places to visit..:)

Added after 8 minutes:

Fuerteventura looks better value property's are a bit cheaper but like any purchase they all have pro's/cons.
I have ruled out Gran Canaria and Lanzarote...

It may be the best time to buy with prices falling and £ getting stronger !! If you are not worried about renting go for it Adeje would be my choice.

greenbank
18-05-2012, 16:31
we have an appt that we are thinking about selling at amariila golf, near golf del sur.And it is sea front.

Sundowner
18-05-2012, 22:31
How long is a piece of string.............it all depends on what you want from your property!? Only you know!!!

Ed3229
22-05-2012, 15:41
How long is a piece of string.............it all depends on what you want from your property!? Only you know!!!

Quite possibly the most unhelpful post ever........:dontknow: LOL but thanks anyway....:laugh:

Added after 1 41 minutes:

we have an appt that we are thinking about selling at amariila golf, near golf del sur.And it is sea front.

Not ready to buy just yet but thanks anyway........Still at the looking around bit...:thanx: