PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about the Bono card for buses in Tenerife

lcbandit
15-05-2012, 18:13
Hi couple of questions do Bono cards expire had mine since last June and if I want to catch the bus to the airport from mare verde do I ask the driver for a ticket to the airport on the first bus to the bus station or do I have to get two tickets?

Thanks

junglejim
15-05-2012, 18:16
Valid for a year normally- just say airport on first bus and when you go on 2nd bus it will automatically adjust fare or charge zero .

lcbandit
17-05-2012, 12:48
Just a quick question what does it automatically adjust the fare on the card? What happens if my card is rejected as I can hardly see the fares on it now and also if there isn't enough on it for two if us can we pay the difference this may be a bit late as catching the bus at 1600 today lol

junglejim
17-05-2012, 19:58
sorry -too late to answer to help - the magnetic strip on card has the data that is processed by the ticket machine -if short you make up difference in cash but should still get Bono discount(I think)

warbey
17-05-2012, 20:25
sorry -too late to answer to help - the magnetic strip on card has the data that is processed by the ticket machine -if short you make up difference in cash but should still get Bono discount(I think)

12 months it is.

I got the discount when part paying cash a couple of Years ago.

lcbandit
17-05-2012, 23:49
Bono card had expired after all that lol but asked first bus driver for ticket to airport he dud us one to guaza bout obviously we had to get off at station for airport bus showed him ticket n he still charged us full price for airport so I was rather cinfused why first driver charged us to guaza ie is it all the same price be it the station or guaza?

henry
18-05-2012, 01:30
there a office in las americans . inside the bus station cant miss it

junglejim
18-05-2012, 04:02
Bono card had expired after all that lol but asked first bus driver for ticket to airport he dud us one to guaza bout obviously we had to get off at station for airport bus showed him ticket n he still charged us full price for airport so I was rather cinfused why first driver charged us to guaza ie is it all the same price be it the station or guaza?
You only get discount with Bono - if you bought and ordinary ticket then you should have changed at PDLA or LC bus station where I think they take off original fare (Itīs a 2Trasbordo" transfer)

Leam_Lin
18-05-2012, 07:21
Off topic I know, just got in JJ or just woke up?

Rickiebear
18-05-2012, 07:24
Hi, we use the BONO card both from and to the airport. From Puerto it is the maximum fare, so it does not matter how many buses you catch. Sometimes we go via Santa Cruz, and again another bus from Puerto to our apartment. The card does the calculation, making the third bus free.
Also a return bus is free if within an hour.

junglejim
18-05-2012, 10:54
Off topic I know, just got in JJ or just woke up?
No ! I suffer from insomnia due to 33 yrs of shift work -I donīt like drinking myself to sleep - so I just read Satteliteīs posts , that sends me off!-
Donīt wish to be pedantic but the Bono Ticket doesnīt calculate anything - the ticket machine does ! But good info for others to know !

MarionEd
18-05-2012, 11:00
So for instance if I am going to Santa Cruz from Los Gigantes, I normally get a bus to Las Americas, asking for this on the bus when I give over my Bono ticket, then catch another bus, asking for the final destination. What should I ask for each time? Are you allowed a stop off? For instance if I wanted to stay in Las Americas for a couple of hours?

junglejim
18-05-2012, 11:21
So for instance if I am going to Santa Cruz from Los Gigantes, I normally get a bus to Las Americas, asking for this on the bus when I give over my Bono ticket, then catch another bus, asking for the final destination. What should I ask for each time? Are you allowed a stop off? For instance if I wanted to stay in Las Americas for a couple of hours?

My understanding is if you transfer at PDLA to Santa Cruz bus from LG then your first fare is taken into account ( I think you have an hour to transfer). Some journeys eg if you arrive in Santa Cruz and take the Tranvia to La Laguna the fare is free if you get on fairly quickly- similiarly if you come back from La Laguna on Tranvis and go onto bus then fare is taken into account as is transfer at LC or PDLA .
I think you just ask for Santa Cruz and see what the driver says but the ticket machine does the work!
I hope this makes sense!
If you click on link below and then click on section 3īs orange writing it tells you the length of time allowed for transfers for each service - 45/90/120minutes - unfortunately itīs in Spanish
http://www.titsa.com/index.php?accion=articulosseccion&IdSeccion=53

MarionEd
18-05-2012, 12:00
Thanks very much Junglejim. I'll give it a try next time.

MarionEd
18-05-2012, 16:05
Thanks Satellite.

lcbandit
21-05-2012, 12:20
Yes I'm now back home n threw the old Bono card out before I read I could've put what was left on it on a new one! Oh well never mind you live n learn thanks for the help

Vaiva Kubilaite
05-08-2012, 15:45
What kind of discount does the Bono card gives? Is there a different for discount if i buy Bono for 15 euro or bigger one?

junglejim
05-08-2012, 15:58
You can buy a €15 or €30 card the discount is same up to about30% discount for longer journeys , one card can be used for several people.

Vaiva Kubilaite
05-08-2012, 16:11
You can buy a €15 or €30 card the discount is same up to about30% discount for longer journeys , one card can be used for several people.

Thank you junglejim, you seems as knowing everything here. Maybe i should adress all my questions directly to you instead of buzzing around? :)

Rickiebear
05-08-2012, 16:55
Hi, as Junglejim, says, 30%, plus some return fares are free. Ideal for shopping.

Vaiva Kubilaite
05-08-2012, 17:16
Hi, as Junglejim, says, 30%, plus some return fares are free. Ideal for shopping.

Nice! Is't posible to find somewhere full information in english about all those free returns etc? BTW, maybe you can give some more tips like use Bonus card to save in Tenerife? Would be very very thankful :)

Rickiebear
05-08-2012, 19:02
Hi, I agree, we have experienced free return fares an hour and a half after start of original fare. It also seems to work if you break your journey.

junglejim
05-08-2012, 21:04
Nice! Is't posible to find somewhere full information in english about all those free returns etc? BTW, maybe you can give some more tips like use Bonus card to save in Tenerife? Would be very very thankful :)
Look in the link at section 3 , click on the red link and there is a list of time limits for each route for free tranfers

http://titsa.com/index.php?accion=articulosseccion&IdSeccion=34
also all info is on www.titsa.com
they also have a Facebook page TITSA and will answer questions in English

also
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?186-Tenerife-Forum-Titsa-Bus-information-thread

junglejim
07-08-2012, 15:09
New conditions for fares and Bonos - supplement on airport fares depending on distance €1 or €2 -

http://titsa.com/index.php?accion=articulo&IdArticulo=833&IdSeccion=5

Minerva
22-10-2014, 12:24
Well, hm, stupid question, but what IS a bono card? Fro the questions here I gather it is some discount card for public transportation, but what exactly?

LUCKY
22-10-2014, 12:39
Have a free ride on this bus courtesy of you tube :flatcap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7gycQcPdJg

Then have a read of this web site :flatcap:

http://www.tenerife-holiday-home-insider.com/tenerife-information.html

bonitatime
13-11-2014, 18:30
Well, hm, stupid question, but what IS a bono card? Fro the questions here I gather it is some discount card for public transportation, but what exactly?

Its a form if discounted travel
You buy a Card which range from 15€ to 50€
The 50€ one must be used within 1 month
This then discounts the cost if journeys