PDA

View Full Version : Reply With Quote

geedee
15-05-2012, 20:20
How do I reply to separate posts using "the reply with quote" button? Replied to first post was ok. When I replied to post number 2 it appeared in the first post as well, like I had pressed the multi quote button.:dontknow:

Harmonicaman
15-05-2012, 20:25
To reply to multiple posts you have to click on this button 3050 for each post you want to reply to. Then click on "Reply with quote" button.

Edit: Even if you do separate posts, if no-one posts after you, your posts will automatically merge. So do what I suggest and reply underneath each quote separately in the same post.

geedee
15-05-2012, 20:38
Don't want the multi quote button, Harmonicaman, I only want to reply with quote button. But when I used it first reply was ok, but when I then tried to reply to someone else using the reply with quote button the post appeared along with the first reply in the previous post.

I hope I'm explaining this ok, when I read it back I'm kinda confused myself.:confused:

Edit: OK, cheers, with you now.

Harmonicaman
15-05-2012, 20:44
Don't want the multi quote button, Harmonicaman, I only want to reply with quote button. But when I used it first reply was ok, but when I then tried to reply to someone else using the reply with quote button the post appeared along with the first reply in the previous post.

I hope I'm explaining this ok, when I read it back I'm kinda confused myself.:confused:

You're explaining it fine. What happens is if no-one posts after your first post and you then reply to another quote, it will automatically merge with your first post. It's a Vbulletin way of space-saving! If someone does post after you, then you will be able to reply to another quote which will be separate.:) (It is confusing when you see it written down).