PDA

View Full Version : Play off : CF Badalona vs CD Tenerife - May 20th and May 27th

Fred Perry
16-05-2012, 11:59
PLAY-OFF 1ST LEG

SUNDAY 20TH MAY - KICK OFF 5.30PM

CF BADALONA vs CD TENERIFE

LIVE ON TV CANARIA

No charter flight organised. Ryan-Air doing a flight 90€ return-arrives in Barcelona Airport at 3pm on the Sunday(Badalona is only 10 minutes from airport). As long as there are no delays will be okay BUT fans buying up spaces and website says only few places left. Return will be Monday evening to Tenerife South.

Dandy Don
16-05-2012, 21:48
1st leg odds: http://www.oddschecker.com/football/european-football/spain/la-liga-segunda-b/badalona-v-tenerife/winner

I'd settle for a score draw.

:football:

Fred Perry
16-05-2012, 22:34
A package trip has just been organised for the away leg;

RETURN FLIGHTS TO BARCELONA
TRANSFERS
ONE NIGHT HOTEL
MATCH TICKET - 190€ (Resident price)

canary boy
20-05-2012, 10:53
:pray::pray::pray:Good luck boys!!!!

Rickiebear
20-05-2012, 11:01
Hi, is it likely to be on TV?

Harmonicaman
20-05-2012, 11:02
Hi, is it likely to be on TV?

OP says it's live on TV Canaria.

CaribeCelt
20-05-2012, 13:27
Good luck CDT.

Fred Perry
20-05-2012, 13:28
Link here if you wish to suffer with us!

http://www.rtvc.es/television/enDirecto.aspx?canal=tv

West mids tyke
20-05-2012, 14:00
good luck CDT its blanquizules time

canary boy
20-05-2012, 18:08
We look far too unsettled at the back! A bit nervous at the mo 0-0

FinnKris
20-05-2012, 18:21
0-0 at Half time

We look far too unsettled at the back! A bit nervous at the mo 0-0

Jupp, we are lucky not to be behind, although Aridane really should have scored very early on, but the home team on top after that.

YOUNG GOLFER
20-05-2012, 18:31
Not a great game thats for sure........the home team look a little better but CDT has had the odd chance late on and a few shots out of the box.
Defence looks a bit subject need to start passing the ball to our players not theirs that might help.

canary boy
20-05-2012, 18:56
i think id take a 1-0 defeat to be honest, they look like they want it much more than us

FinnKris
20-05-2012, 19:04
i think id take a 1-0 defeat to be honest, they look like they want it much more than us

As sad as that is I would have to agree with you, at least at one down we are still in the tie as we have been second best most of the game. Although as they seem quite lethal on the counter I think we need at least one away goal to take back home as I think we will struggle to keep a clean sheet even at home.

canary boy
20-05-2012, 19:24
There you go ! knew that was gonna happen as soon as i said that, Im sorry but they dont really deserve that equaliser but what the heck GoALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!!

FinnKris
20-05-2012, 19:30
1-1 Final Score.

Huh, it looked for much of the second half to be closer to 2-0 to the home team than 1-1, but around the 89th minute a bullet header by Zazo from a lovely cross by Cristobal gave us the vital vital away goal & a much better platform for the home game.

Nervy last few mins here as the stream died ahead of time & struggling to find a live score.

YOUNG GOLFER
20-05-2012, 19:47
Very lucky thats all i can say could of been 4 or 5 nil....ref really liked handing out the card must of been almost 10 cards today.
Well a great goal now gives us a real chance of moving on but have to say Tenerife were very very lucky today.

slodgedad
20-05-2012, 21:45
Watched it my local. Great result for us.

We were crap. As a previous poster has stated we should have lost big style

Fred Perry
20-05-2012, 21:55
Yeah, we have to honest as we rode our luck today. But the best team does´nt always win (look at Chelsea FC in Champs League).:whistle:
We have never played well on these tight astro-turf pitches (lost 5 drawn 2), not an excuse but a reason for a poor performance. That away goal is so important obviously. At 1-0 down I was more or less thinking do we go for an equaliser or hold on? I mean 2-0 would have been a disaster, 1-0 would have been not too bad but still leaves alot to do (especially if they score).

In the end 1-1. Sets it up nicely for the return leg next Sunday. :goodluck:

Added after 3 Hours 24 minutes:

What a fantastic diving header!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXnO3i5sDic&feature=player_embedded

Chayofa Tete
21-05-2012, 08:06
Yeah, we have to honest as we rode our luck today. But the best team does´nt always win (look at Chelsea FC in Champs League).:whistle:
We have never played well on these tight astro-turf pitches (lost 5 drawn 2), not an excuse but a reason for a poor performance. That away goal is so important obviously. At 1-0 down I was more or less thinking do we go for an equaliser or hold on? I mean 2-0 would have been a disaster, 1-0 would have been not too bad but still leaves alot to do (especially if they score).

In the end 1-1. Sets it up nicely for the return leg next Sunday. :goodluck:

Added after 3 Hours 24 minutes:

What a fantastic diving header!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXnO3i5sDic&feature=player_embedded

Doesn't matter how we play at this stage results are everything and I think before we scored the team had accepted a 1-0 as okay so a draw was a bonus and sets it up nicely for next Sunday

Davethepubsinger
21-05-2012, 14:13
Yes, Marino will go up if they win or draw in the home leg. A 0-1 defeat would also see them up.

Fred Perry
21-05-2012, 14:38
D-DAY

SUNDAY 27TH MAY 2012 - A GREAT DAY WE HOPE

KICK OFF MIDDAY
CD MARINO vs FUENLEBRADA - Marino won away leg 1-2, so all in their favour to gain direct promotion to Spanish 2nd B.

CD TENERIFE vs BADALONA - Coach leaves at 3pm. Hopefully there will not be extra-time and pens. at the Marino game! Straight from there to The Toby Jug or Hiper Trebol to catch the coach.

bonitatime
21-05-2012, 14:47
This was not a bad game the players were nervous and they really don't like AstroTurf but they did ok. Sergio was outstanding and Victor played well when he came on. Pablo really got our stand motivated which helped a lot. Their crowd invasion came after the game and we were lucky they didn't hurt any of our players. I am interested to see what the refs report says.
Looking forward to Sunday. Marino are apparently playing at 12 so both can be combined.

captain beefheart
21-05-2012, 22:08
good luck next week .. hopefully c.d.Tenerife back on the road to the top.

Fred Perry
22-05-2012, 09:08
*The Marino game kick off time may have to be changed to 11am on the Sunday due to Athletic Championships at the Las Americas Stadium this weekend. I will not be on internet from now until Sunday so I trust someone else will update forum.

Davethepubsinger
22-05-2012, 13:49
I expect the game will be moved to the annexe stadium across the road. Will add more if I find out.

FinnKris
27-05-2012, 17:25
The first game a week ago finished as we all know 1-1, so even a scoreless draw will see us through to the next round. Although hopefully we can come up with a comprehensive home victory instead.

Earlier in the day, local Tenerife South team CD Marino won their home game an subsequently earned promotion to the Segunda B division. So if CDT fails to get promoted there will most likely be a very local derby! But hopefully CDT will also get promoted back to the Segunda instead.

I'm actually very very happy to see CD Marino do this well, had the great fortune of watching one of their home games back in the autumn & they really impressed with their attractive attacking football. Hopefully they can do well in the Segunda B & also manage it from a financial standpoint.

The CD Tenerife game I believe is being televised live on the local TV Canaria station so there should be a live stream available for us non-islanders, from the usual address: http://www.rtvc.es/television/enDirecto.aspx?canal=tv

(sorry about the incorrect date in the title, game day is of course Sunday May 27th, can't edit it for some reason)

Added after 47 minutes:

1-0 to CDT at Half Time.

Goal score by Victor Bravo around the 35 min mark. It was a beauty, a wonderfully struck left footed long range curling effort, highlight reel stuff.

Unfortunately my stream is hopeless, keeps breaking up & stopping all the time so hard to follow the game. But Perona could/should have scored early on when he headed onto the post when he had an empty net to aim at. Other than that I think Perona had a decent to good chance a bit later but my stream decided to freeze up just as he was about to shoot so didn’t really see what happened. And Perona with another great close range chance close to half time after a nice flick on from Aridane but he only managed to shoot at the keeper.

The visitors haven’t really threatened much from what I’ve managed to see, a couple of free kicks wasted from decent positions, that’s about it.

West mids tyke
27-05-2012, 18:55
watching the 2nd half now good goal from aridane but last 15 mins now going to be nailbiting we playing well but badalona putting the pressure on

FinnKris
27-05-2012, 19:21
3-1 to CDT the final score & we are thus through to the next round!!! Hell yeah & what a great day for Tenerifian football.

Yes, what a nailbiter this was. My stream all second half was just hopeless, kept breaking up all the time making it even more nervy to follow.

But we scored early through a Aridane header from a corner to go 2 up, and it seemed like that was it as the visitors had looked fairly toothless until then. But they somehow managed to score from a corner situation around the 60 min mark & this meant that they only needed to score another to be in front overall. Hard to say how close they came to equalizing as my stream was more off than on. But they came close I think as Sergio was called upon more than once judging by commentary & it started to look really worrying but then Chechu scored a most liberating of goals after great work by Aridane in the build up.

nurse ratchet
27-05-2012, 19:22
3-1 to CDT so 4-2 on aggregate:jumping::jumping:

asox39
27-05-2012, 19:23
CD TENERIFE 3 vs CF BADALONA 1 full time score

Rickiebear
27-05-2012, 19:46
Hi, I also tried to watch it on-line but it was difficult.

So what's next?

This is getting exciting. I must take more notice next season.

Mike
27-05-2012, 20:46
Watched game from Glasgow.Well bits I could see. Stream was terrible seemed like a good performance apart from a nervy 20 minutes at 2-1.
Am going over to Tenerife on Thursday for 3 weeks.
Chris is there any chance of a ticket for next play off round, and when is the draw.
Thanks Mike

seanocelt
27-05-2012, 22:07
Had a wonderful day at the game as guests of CD Tenerife Irish Clan, who invited ten of us up from The Hoops Bar, asked us to bring our flags and tops, to add to the colour of the occasion. For those who had a job watching online, believe me,, Badelona, after they scored had several chances to get a second and everyone was very nervous until the 3rd goal. Having said that, in the 1st half Tenerife could have had 3 or more, hit woodwork twice and a few close callls. Great to see them progress.

henry
27-05-2012, 22:16
i went to see the game as well. just came back from santa cruz. but i´m a bit confuss. when i was passing the front of the ticket place so i go to gate 17. i heard alot of people agureing bout the ticket price. i didn´t pay to much but i overheard some fans saying :why i have to pay 10 euros i thought the club said it free, maybe someone can clear this. i thought it was free as well. i took my season pass just in case. and good thing i did.. so my question is if the club said all playoffs games are free to the fans!! why they charging then?

YOUNG GOLFER
27-05-2012, 22:38
think todays game was free for season ticket holders only.......a very good game and the fans were on top form today great day.

Think the draw is on Monday to who we play next.

Fred Perry
28-05-2012, 00:30
Henry, it was like a normal game price today with season tick. holders not paying. It was impossible for any confusion.

What a fantastic day today!! It started with watching CD Marino gain promotion to 2nd B division and ended with Tenerife pulling off a great win. Yes, we were on tender hooks when Badalona pulled a goal back to make it 2-1 (they only needed 1 to qualify then) but overall I think we deserved it. The celebrations for our 3rd goal were fantastic. Mass bundle. It was more or less over after our third.

Hat off to Aridane, I must admit he has not been my favourite this season but he scored and made a good goal today.

Tomorrow the draw will be made at 4pm. We are likely to draw one of these teams; Linense (from on the border with Gibraltar), Lucena (North of Granada, Andulcia) or Ponferradina (North West Spain)

seanocelt
28-05-2012, 00:58
Who would we wish to avoid from these teams? Also anyone got a video link to todays goals, tried youtube etc.

FinnKris
28-05-2012, 05:36
Also anyone got a video link to todays goals, tried youtube etc.

A youtube link (copied from Facebook) of the game highlights: http://youtu.be/n9xGMf-avW0

Btw, in the live broadcast you guys were shown for a brief moment, at least I saw a rather large Irish flag & close to 10 guys with Celtic jerseys on, dunno if that made the highlights though.

Fred Perry
28-05-2012, 10:15
I took this video of the TIFO when the players took to the pitch yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h3YzKjq_DI&feature=youtu.be

seanocelt
28-05-2012, 10:33
Thank you. We are on it alright! Straight after the Badelona goal there we are looking miserable. Its possible , despite the word "TENERIFE" being on one flag, the tv crew thought we were opposition fans! Love that 3 rd goal, 1 st was a great strike too.

Fred Perry
29-05-2012, 19:24
It was a top atmosphere the other day. Thanks to Colin Kirby for first photo.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2imbc7c.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/35n1vg9.jpg

bonitatime
01-06-2012, 09:38
Whose is the second one Chris

Sean you all looked like you were having a great time both before the game in the Zoneros club house and later in the stadium. The lads from the Irish clan are a really super group.

seanocelt
01-06-2012, 11:38
They are, and we will be back...IN CD TENERIFE colours though! That little club were so kind to us, and its also nice to go to a big sporting occasion and not be ripped off. A euro a Heineken!!

bonitatime
01-06-2012, 23:29
http://img.tapatalk.com/4f94731f-423a-5811.jpgch

Photo taken during the game

www.soydeltete.es

seanocelt
02-06-2012, 12:57
Aye thats us eejits! The Irish Clan lads, all Canarian, are top left, im the wee fella in lime green with black cap. Wife is raging, she is next to me but obscured by a flag!

Dandy Don
02-06-2012, 13:44
Aye thats us eejits! The Irish Clan lads, all Canarian, are top left, im the wee fella in lime green with black cap. Wife is raging, she is next to me but obscured by a flag!

Irish but wearing Scottish Club (celtic) colours at a CD Tenerife game.

:dontknow:

:laugh:

seanocelt
02-06-2012, 15:02
I know! Felt daft but the local lads insisted. They have a section and club called Irish Clan, all Canarians. They love Celtic, watch the games in Molly Malone, PD La Cruz and come to the Hoops Bar often. Its a good social interaction thing. The only Irish person there was my missus. Looked incongruous, but we got applauded by strangers at the end. But the ten of us that went (not all Celtic fans actually, and one is a DandyDon) felt welcomed and we all love CD Tenerfie. It was a one off, will be wearing the CD Tenerife jerseys next one. With its lovely Scottish flag-alike emblem.

bonitatime
02-06-2012, 22:18
Was your wife wearing the flag earlier in the day?

www.soydeltete.es

seanocelt
03-06-2012, 03:51
Aye she was. She was offered many a shirt swap though by the CD Tenerife boys (36d, plenty of takers!)