PDA

View Full Version : Other Holidays in Tenerife : South versus North - Which is better?

lurtzaki
16-05-2012, 14:36
Hi all,

I am planning to visit Tenerife by the middle-end of July.

I will be with my girlfriend, we are from Greece and i wonder about where is the best location to stay?
North Tenerife ( e.g Puerto de la cruz, santa cruz de tenrife) or South? Las playas des Americas , Los christianos or other village close to them?

We are looking for relacing holdiays, beautiful beaches, and a nice bar to have our drink.

I am looking foward for your response asap cuz the days pass and the time is running out :P
Thanks in advance for any Hint.:)

Zara
16-05-2012, 15:35
Hi Lurtzaki

Welcome to the forum. Both areas of the island are excellent for holiday. Puerto in the summer months is very much alive with young people and there is plenty to do on an evening but it doesn´t start until late. The beaches IMO are not great because they are all black volcanic sand and it tends to be sharp on the feet. Good choice of bars and restaurants.

Santa Cruz not great for relaxing as it is a working town, but plenty to see if you like museums, theatres and only a short tram ride on an evening to a huge selection of clubs close to the university. Nearest beach is a bus ride away but you do have the Lido (Parque Marítimo César Manrique) which I believe has opened again.

PdlA, has everything, golden beaches, plenty of entertainment for young and old, close to excursions if you want a day out, huge choice of bars and restaurants to suit all budgets.

lurtzaki
18-05-2012, 11:13
Hi Lurtzaki

.... all budgets.

Hi again to all,

Well thanks for the speedy reply.

I need ( if it is possible) more details about the south area.
I dont know where it is the best idea to stay.

I will go with my girlfriend so i dont need extremely crazy night,
which is the best place to stay ? thanks in advance!!

P.S i will rent a Car so the distance i guess wont be big problem

albasabina
24-06-2013, 16:14
Ok, I'm from Tenerife,

I need to know these thinks to help you:

-How old are you?
-What type of bars do you like? English pubs? Big clubs? Cultural bars with stages and performances?
-Do you want to spend most of you time: walking, beach, excursions, sight seing, museums? Or for example: most of the time on the beach, one museum, one excursion.
-What do you expect of your acomodation Just for sleep, great place where you can spend a lot of time and have entertainment.

In general, what are your expectations?
Because Tenerife can vary very much depend of where you decide to stay

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Wow, one year late, lol. I hope they found their way back to Greece...

Malteser Monkey
24-06-2013, 16:23
Ok, I'm from Tenerife,

I need to know these thinks to help you:

-How old are you?
-What type of bars do you like? English pubs? Big clubs? Cultural bars with stages and performances?
-Do you want to spend most of you time: walking, beach, excursions, sight seing, museums? Or for example: most of the time on the beach, one museum, one excursion.
-What do you expect of your acomodation Just for sleep, great place where you can spend a lot of time and have entertainment.

In general, what are your expectations?
Because Tenerife can vary very much depend of where you decide to stay

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Wow, one year late, lol. I hope they found their way back to Greece...

I hope you have a quicker reply :D

Oh and Welcome ! where are my manners today !

albasabina
24-06-2013, 16:27
hahaa. I really wanted to help lurtzaki, I'm so sad for them, maybe they get a crapy hotel in the middle of Fasnia or something and they just get to see the Mariposario, thinking it was the Teide and had some drinks in Las Chafiras. Well... I don't know. I will always remember that happy loving greek couple whom I could never help. :(