PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment RockCoast Tenerife 2012 Cancelled (Postponed! hmmm)

chifleta
16-05-2012, 15:19
Oh dear.... I wonder how many kids will get their money back... my lad and his friend saved up for the 3-day tickets :mad: .......

http://www.rockcoastfestival.com/

TOTO 99
16-05-2012, 15:35
That's a sad situation. Can't see any mention of refunds either. I hope they get it sorted.

chifleta
16-05-2012, 15:40
That's a sad situation. Can't see any mention of refunds either. I hope they get it sorted.

I have a feeling they won't get "ni un duro" ... I told my son to not hold out any hope at all, that way he's expecting what will be probably the worse ...... it was his incentive to pass his driving exam as his nan and grandad gave him some money and I'd told him he wasn't allowed to spend it on tickets until he passed his driving test LOL poor b*gg*r :(

TOTO 99
16-05-2012, 19:38
Oh no.. that's a real shame. The poor guy has knukcled down and done his bit and then been stitched up.
I hope he gets something back. The report seems to suggest that it's "postponed" but I'm not convinced.
To be fair, it sounds like the promoters have bitten off more than they can chew and have lost a great deal themselves. Of course that's no help to the people who've already paid. There will be some who have booked flights etc to attend.
I sympathise with your son's situation. I'm sure you share his disappointment. Good luck to him.

chifleta
16-05-2012, 21:33
Luckily his ticket says that monies will be returned if cancelled, problem is they're not saying it's cancelled... anyhoo he's going to go to Halcon Viajes tomorrow in Americas where he bought the ticket to try get his money back... :goodluck: .... his friend who bought her ticket at Corte Ingles said than on her ticket it says "no devoluciones", so she's not holding out much hope...

bonitatime
17-05-2012, 08:38
Not sure if it is cancelled she won't get her money back from el corte ingles too. The concept with tickets is if you buy them they are yours. If the performance is cancelled this brings in a new series of rules

Fred Perry
17-05-2012, 13:08
I would think that they would get their money back, especially as The Cabildo are involved. Postponed?
Well, when to? Next year?
The hundreds that have bought flights and tickets will lose out anyway.

We do not know the whole story so it is a bit harsh perhaps to criticise the promotors that much. But they made big mistakes. Firstly, they attempted to organise too big a festival for the first one.
Why not have it over two days (weekend?) then have two main headliners per night plus various other local bands that would have played for nothing (a chance to play infront of a large crowd).
If it is a success next years will be bigger and better.

The International bands that were signed up were mostly "has beens". It smacked of they were running out of time so they got the best ones still available that did not have other gigs.

Massive bands like Kasabian, The Killers, The Stone Roses, would have sold out in days (but these needed to be signed up way before Xmas I would think).

As I said though, we have to be careful because we donīt know if the Cabildo were delaying permission/paperwork, funding for so long that it ended up very difficult for the organisers.

Added after 12 minutes:

LATEST NEWS

LM Productions will inform over the next couple of days how and where to claim ticket refunds. good news for all. They also say that the festival will go ahead and they are negotiating with the bands involved (especially as they have already been paid 50% of their fee).

ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS FOR THE CANCELLATION(SAME COMPANY INVOLVED) WAS THE LOW TURN OUT AT THE BRUCE SPRINSTEEN CONCERT IN GRAN CANARIA THIS WEEK. THEY SOLD 22,000 OF THE 40,000 AVAILABLE AND THEY NEEDED 30,000 JUST TO BREAK EVEN.

chifleta
17-05-2012, 13:55
I would think that they would get their money back, especially as The Cabildo are involved. Postponed?
Well, when to? Next year?
The hundreds that have bought flights and tickets will lose out anyway.

We do not know the whole story so it is a bit harsh perhaps to criticise the promotors that much. But they made big mistakes. Firstly, they attempted to organise too big a festival for the first one.
Why not have it over two days (weekend?) then have two main headliners per night plus various other local bands that would have played for nothing (a chance to play infront of a large crowd).
If it is a success next years will be bigger and better.

The International bands that were signed up were mostly "has beens". It smacked of they were running out of time so they got the best ones still available that did not have other gigs.

Massive bands like Kasabian, The Killers, The Stone Roses, would have sold out in days (but these needed to be signed up way before Xmas I would think).

As I said though, we have to be careful because we donīt know if the Cabildo were delaying permission/paperwork, funding for so long that it ended up very difficult for the organisers.

Added after 12 minutes:

LATEST NEWS

LM Productions will inform over the next couple of days how and where to claim ticket refunds. good news for all. They also say that the festival will go ahead and they are negotiating with the bands involved (especially as they have already been paid 50% of their fee).

ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS FOR THE CANCELLATION(SAME COMPANY INVOLVED) WAS THE LOW TURN OUT AT THE BRUCE SPRINSTEEN CONCERT IN GRAN CANARIA THIS WEEK. THEY SOLD 22,000 OF THE 40,000 AVAILABLE AND THEY NEEDED 30,000 JUST TO BREAK EVEN.

yes I heard about the Springsteen loss on this mornings local news, not surprising really, like you said, another hasbeen.... I totally agree, they should have organised something a LOT smaller initially, I think the Pitbull show proves that, apparently they are moving that show to a bigger area which proves the point that popular current groups sell tickets.... .... good news about the refunds though, thank goodness.... my son is going to Halcon Viajes anyways just to see what they say ....

funny thing is, initially when they started advertising it all, I said that it seemed wierd that they didn't have any confirmed acts, just all rumours and maybe him or maybe her...... oh well, I got to see Simply Red (as i'm an old hasbeen myself), so I don't care hehehehe :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-O0rckw2Rw&list=UUYgckTQvmaAdy4sSuA3ZoKQ&index=18&feature=plpp_video

Fred Perry
17-05-2012, 14:42
Well, I didīnt say Springsteen was a has been. There are certain artists that will draw crowds forever (Rolling Stones,ACDC, Iron Maiden etc.) Legends of rock.

It was the ones like Marilyn Mansen, Sepultura,Cypress Hill, Ben Harper (not well enough known), Smashing Pumpkins, that did not have enough of the "Wow" factor to get people to part with their money in these times.

15 years ago these bands were top of the pile, everyone wnated to see them but now years later if you had been a big fan you would have travelled to see them in Europe/Uk/Spain anyhow. So not such a big deal.

chifleta
17-05-2012, 14:54
Well, I didīnt say Springsteen was a has been. There are certain artists that will draw crowds forever (Rolling Stones,ACDC, Iron Maiden etc.) Legends of rock.

It was the ones like Marilyn Mansen, Sepultura,Cypress Hill, Ben Harper (not well enough known), Smashing Pumpkins, that did not have enough of the "Wow" factor to get people to part with their money in these times.

15 years ago these bands were top of the pile, everyone wnated to see them but now years later if you had been a big fan you would have travelled to see them in Europe/Uk/Spain anyhow. So not such a big deal.

I know you didn't say he was, my grammar has gone to pot, been here too long LOL but I personally think he's a has been, actually i've never ever thought he was a was-been LOL can't stand him ....

On a good note, my sons friend who bought her ticket from Corte Ingles has got her money back.... i'm waiting for son to get home from college to find out if he got any info from where he got his ticket........