PDA

View Full Version : Football England European Championship Squad 2012. What's your verdict ?

Shugstar63
17-05-2012, 09:46
I must admit I was a little dismayed when the Euro 2012 squad was announced.
Cannot believe Peter Crouch is not even on the standby list.
22 goals in 42 games for England....14 for Stoke this season?
The inclusion of Downing is also a mystery!
Any thoughts?

England's 23-man squad: Joe Hart (Man City), Robert Green (West Ham), John Ruddy (Norwich). Defenders: Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Man United), John Terry (Chelsea), Joleon Lescott (Man City), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton). Midfielders: Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Man City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Scott Parker (Tottenham), Ashley Young (Man United), James Milner (Man City). Strikers: Wayne Rooney (Man United), Danny Welbeck (Man United), Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham).

duracell290
17-05-2012, 15:27
Try to pick a starting 11 out of that, and be confident they can get a result. LOL. I predict 3 draws (again). No creative midfielder will be the downfall, I know a lot dont like Carrick or Scholes but they are the only English player who can split team by passing. No goalscorer either for first 2 games. Reckon Hodg will do 4,5,1. My 11, Hart, Jones, Cahill, Lescott, Cole. Walcott, Barry, Gerrard, Parker Young, Carroll. Dont expect to get too far though the midfield 3 couldn't pick their nose properly, and if 2nd in the group Spain await.

cheery
23-05-2012, 08:14
I agree Crouch should be on the list ahead of the others who have been selected. The following stats have just been on Sky SPorts
Carroll 3 games 1 goal
Defoe 46 games 15 goals

I like Defoe but Crouch's stats don't lie. I think Hodgson has made his first mistake.

Simon-M
23-05-2012, 08:36
Who else gets the feeling that the Nations hopes and expectations for this tournament are as low as they have ever been. I'm expecting mediocrity of the highest order. There is no spark.

tonypub
23-05-2012, 10:43
Who else gets the feeling that the Nations hopes and expectations for this tournament are as low as they have ever been. I'm expecting mediocrity of the highest order. There is no spark.mite be a good omen,been a funny old season

Shugstar63
24-05-2012, 10:35
Looking at the squad I fear the Euros could end by the 20th June.
Crouch.....better goal ratio than Mr Walkers Crisps !!!!