PDA

View Full Version : Is it me, or is there considerably more whinging on this new Forum?

Jimandsi
13-06-2011, 17:04
Seems to me like 50% of the posts on this Forum are whinges of some sort. Price of newspapers / no wifi in apartments / Iceland closing down etc. etc.

Or is it just that the more positive members haven't rejoined this Forum yet ?

Come on folks - glass half full and all that.

Ed3229
13-06-2011, 17:06
Not just me thinking that then......

howard thornton
13-06-2011, 17:08
Seems to me like 50% of the posts on this Forum are whinges of some sort. Price of newspapers / no wifi in apartments / Iceland closing down etc. etc.

Come on folks - glass half full and all that. its all doom and gloom,my glass is always nearly empty.

Jimandsi
13-06-2011, 17:10
its all doom and gloom,my glass is always nearly empty.

Well, fill it up, you tight b*gger ! :cheers:

onelegnofeet
13-06-2011, 17:16
Another TRUE thought provoking thread ....................

reggie
13-06-2011, 17:37
Well, fill it up, you tight b*gger ! :cheers:

He's too busy Stobarting

howard thornton
13-06-2011, 17:40
He's too busy Stobarting

oh there you are,what you been up to?no doubt you cant't wait to tell us. all ears reggie.

reggie
13-06-2011, 17:45
If i told you , i would then after kill you, its on a need to know basis, Later HT walls have ear's, Is there a truck called Eileen, Volvo or scania ?

howard thornton
13-06-2011, 18:04
If i told you , i would then after kill you, its on a need to know basis, Later HT walls have ear's, Is there a truck called Eileen, Volvo or scania ?
there is reggie,one of the oldest in the fleet,its knackerd,in need of a total rebuild.

with cheese
13-06-2011, 19:21
Why is it people post about whinging it really makes me whinge.
Why o why

YOUNG GOLFER
13-06-2011, 19:26
The forum is made up of lots of members talking about a huge range of subjects and sometimes we see the odd whinge but is that not what a forum is all about.

Be it sat here in Tenerife or Exeter it makes good reading though.

All in all think this new look forum is in very good shape.

Suej
13-06-2011, 19:29

And then thereīs our Jimbo whinging about the whinging whingers! :hello:

warbey
13-06-2011, 19:32

Refeering to the Title of the Thread...

Its YOU Jimbo......Its YOU.

Harmonicaman
13-06-2011, 19:47
If 50% are whinging then 50% aren't whinging. That's a pretty balanced forum...

howard thornton
13-06-2011, 19:53

where would we be without you cam? so logical.

cainaries
13-06-2011, 20:03
Refeering to the Title of the Thread...

Its YOU Jimbo......Its YOU.

You took the words right out of my mouth, Warbey, it's you Jimandsi. Now what are you going to do about it?

Jimandsi
13-06-2011, 20:06
You took the words right out of my mouth, Warbey, it's you Jimandsi. Now what are you going to do about it?

Whinge alert ! ! !

cainaries
13-06-2011, 20:12
Whinge alert ! ! !

I've got it now! If you don't agree with Jimandsi, you're a whinger (or worse).

onelegnofeet
13-06-2011, 20:16

Yes but all the bloaters and carry the sun are amongst the Whingers so its not so balanced !!!

howard thornton
13-06-2011, 20:16
I've got it now! If you don't agree with Jimandsi, you're a whinger (or worse).

i believe and agree with every word he says. lol

warbey
13-06-2011, 20:39
i believe and agree with every word he says. lol

I'll whinge to that Howard

howard thornton
13-06-2011, 20:45
I'll whinge to that Howard

you are so reliable warbey.

with cheese
13-06-2011, 20:49
Ryan Giggs is a great Winger
ooooooooooooooh and he did a bird from Big Brother
Plus the one from Little Brother

howard thornton
13-06-2011, 20:51
George Best was a great Winger

yes ,the best.

tonypub
13-06-2011, 20:57

the glass half full members are all hard at work reaping the rewards of persistance and hard work,happy days.right off to make some cocktails:raspberry2:

9PLUS
13-06-2011, 21:04
If i told you , i would then after kill you, its on a need to know basis, Later HT walls have ear's,

Made me chuckle that Reggie

with cheese
13-06-2011, 21:08
yes ,the best.
Blimey where did you get GB, look at my post, whinge

reggie
13-06-2011, 21:17
Made me chuckle that Reggie

Aww, Thats shocking, i never spotted that, I'm :ashamed:

AJP
13-06-2011, 21:22

Glass half full.............I wouldn,t drink in your bar:p

onelegnofeet
13-06-2011, 21:27
Glass half full.............I wouldn,t drink in your bar:p

COME ON ..............................you wouldnt if it was brimming over either ,would you ?

with cheese
13-06-2011, 21:34
I wouldn't drink in your bar either, you have cut all the legs off the bar stools.

AJP
13-06-2011, 21:51
COME ON ..............................you wouldnt if it was brimming over either ,would you ?
From Jim,s bar it would have to be Bitter

I wouldn't drink in your bar either, you have cut all the legs off the bar stools.
Thats why I get legless

onelegnofeet
14-06-2011, 09:02
Thats why I get legless

But its cheaper ............my way !!

Malteser Monkey
14-06-2011, 09:17
Nothing on Tele last night ?

Jimandsi
14-06-2011, 19:44
Nothing on Tele last night ?

Nothing on telly and all were in bed with their cocoa by 10pm.

warbey
14-06-2011, 19:53
Nothing on telly and all were in bed with their cocoa by 10pm.
and a J.C.B. nestled at Their Feet.....??????

scoregolfbob
15-06-2011, 15:41
sorry to be whinging but why is this thread the same as all the others i have read the title does not matter the content seems to be the same, with the same people posting the same silly remarks.
ok stopped whinging

tracey
15-06-2011, 16:01
I never whinge, ask my hubby :fryingpan:

Zara
15-06-2011, 19:44
sorry to be whinging but why is this thread the same as all the others i have read the title does not matter the content seems to be the same, with the same people posting the same silly remarks.
ok stopped whinging

If I were you I'd whinge to the one forcing you to read this. :hit:

with cheese
15-06-2011, 22:35
ok stopped whinging
Don't make them then. Strange that post for such a newbie, still thanked by some, so that's handy.

slodgedad
15-06-2011, 23:53
Don't make them then. Strange that post for such a newbie, still thanked by some, so that's handy.

Gotta remember, cheesey, we're all newbies on here. SGB is an old respected member on the Forum Mk.1.

primrose
16-06-2011, 11:12

Sorry don't understand the part of the post,
Still thanked by some, so that's handy. Scoregolfbob has been a member for a long time as have the members that thanked him,and none felt the need to hide behind a new user name.

onelegnofeet
16-06-2011, 11:27
Still thanked by some, so that's handy. Scoregolfbob has been a member for a long time as have the members that thanked him,and none felt the need to hide behind a new user name.

Surely though we cant all know whose Old,New ,re born .So along the way many people make assumptions

pablo1
16-06-2011, 11:58
Surely though we cant all know whose Old,New ,re born .So along the way many people make assumptions

SGB hasn't changed his username though, he has always used that name. No need to have to make assumptions, just the ability to recognise that everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if it upsets the imaginary hierarchy......

Malteser Monkey
16-06-2011, 12:00

Oh come on oneleg with your physic powers:crazy::p

Morning !

primrose
16-06-2011, 12:30

SGB made a valid point which he is entitled to do, so why did a comment have to be made about who thanked him, are people sad enough to keep a record of
who's thanking who.???

with cheese
16-06-2011, 13:40

Who is hiding, I have openly stated my previous user name and also told anyone that PM'd me, oh and you were one of them Primrose.

Added after 3 minutes:

SGB made a valid point which he is entitled to do, so why did a comment have to be made about who thanked him, are people sad enough to keep a record of
who's thanking who.???
Valid point to who? Only to those that don't enjoy the forum for a laugh and for info or serious stuff.
If he doesn't like it don't post, sorry did I nick someone else's saying.

primrose
16-06-2011, 13:51
Who is hiding, I have openly stated my previous user name and also told anyone that PM'd me, oh and you were one of them Primrose.

Yes I know who you are but I would like to be able to thank a post that I agreeded with without having people comment on it, would still like to know why it is handy to know who is thanking who??? and as yet nobody has replied to that.

with cheese
16-06-2011, 13:56
Ok, why did you make a point of saying I was hiding.
just a comment on That is Handy, because it seems that people thanked him and they are also posting exactly what he was whinging about, and still having a dig.

Not sure on the Agreeded bit.

primrose
16-06-2011, 14:21
Ok, why did you make a point of saying I was hiding.
just a comment on That is Handy, because it seems that people thanked him and they are also posting exactly what he was whinging about, and still having a dig.

Not sure on the Agreeded bit.

Go back through the thread and see how many times I posted before you had a go at SGB, NONE, sorry if I should have asked your permission before I thanked somebody I agreed with.Is there only you that is allowed an opinion on here.I have known SGB a long time and I respect his opinion.

Brian
16-06-2011, 14:36
Even a post about whinging ends up with disagreement, what hope is there?

Malteser Monkey
16-06-2011, 14:39

Bob ?..............

I prefer wine ing:eyebrows:

howard thornton
16-06-2011, 14:41

none whatsoever.

scoregolfbob
16-06-2011, 15:10
I Agree MM, you at least have a sense of humour, sadley most of the boring users from forum 1, are now on here, with nothing better to do than type stupid remarks, most of then just need to get a life, i only post if i have something to say, not just to pass away a boring life.

Malteser Monkey
16-06-2011, 15:20
I Agree MM, you at least have a sense of humour, sadley most of the boring users from forum 1, are now on here, with nothing better to do than type stupid remarks, most of then just need to get a life, i only post if i have something to say, not just to pass away a boring life.

How very kind !

I don't come on here to get involved in arguments as I reckon a lot of stuff is misunderstood....Oh and I make plenty of stupid remarks mostly Off Topic ! but all done in the "best possible taste"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5LcYT2-QTE&feature=related

how did he get away with it !

Suej
16-06-2011, 15:30
How very kind !

I don't come on here to get involved in arguments as I reckon a lot of stuff is misunderstood....Oh and I make plenty of stupid remarks mostly Off Topic ! but all done in the "best possible taste"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5LcYT2-QTE&feature=related

how did he get away with it !

Dunno! priceless eh!:lol::lol::lol:

with cheese
16-06-2011, 16:25

Obviously you have a very fulfilled life as you are not on here worrying about others, or are you.
I don't think you can really comment on other people's lives as many of the people I am sure you are referring to have very active and fulfilling lives.
In answer to Primrose earlier post, of course you have a right to thank who you want, but why thank someone for something and then start doing exactly what they were moaning about.
I have a laugh a lot and also post some very serious answers on here. I have also given some very useful time to people, maybe your memory is very short Primrose.
I very rarely whinge just mess about but this is a whinge, why just come on a thread SGB to do one post of slagging off to get points with your clique.
Go back to your very boring life, well you have a right to comment on people's lives, then so do I.

Jimandsi
16-06-2011, 16:36
SGB hasn't changed his username though, he has always used that name. No need to have to make assumptions, just the ability to recognise that everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if it upsets the imaginary hierarchy......

So pablo1 is a moderator now as well then ?

onelegnofeet
16-06-2011, 16:53

Though i was answering another persons assumptions ,that everyone new or old should recognise the fact that SGB was not a new member ?? you cant get that info from this forum as everyone is new ,which is more my point .Me ,i knew who SGB was but some may well not .And yes there is far more Imaginary Hierarchy around than the ones you are digging at imo .I was trying to deflame the posts but seems that was futile ................:crossfingers:

Hi MM Septic Peg here what do you want to know???:spin:

Zara
16-06-2011, 17:06
ok stopped whinging

Unlike Monkey I fail to see the humour in the first comment, obviously it is there as you have said so in your second comment. I am also failing to see what is so profound about it that you had to leave your non-boring life to post. ??? Perhaps for the likes of me you could elaborate.

pablo1
16-06-2011, 17:19
So pablo1 is a moderator now as well then ?

Nope, just remembered that SGB was a member of the previous forum, nothing more nothing less.
I don't have any axe to grind, even though it would appear that some would like that to be the case. I would like nothing more than to see the bickering stop ( that includes me) and the forum to move onwards and upwards.
In my opinion the in-house arguments on Here are the only blots on an otherwise perfect forum.
I will be the first to apologise for my previous posts that may have incited any trouble. :-)

Suej
16-06-2011, 17:41
Itīs personal attacks on members that I find really offensive....there are ways of arguing a point without stooping to gutter level, I could name quite a few members who manage to zealously argue a point without being rude or nasty to any other member at all. there is no reason why everyone canīt have respect for other members or at least be civil.:soapbox:

howard thornton
16-06-2011, 17:56
Itīs personal attacks on members that I find really offensive....there are ways of arguing a point without stooping to gutter level, I could name quite a few members who manage to zealously argue a point without being rude or nasty to any other member at all. there is no reason why everyone canīt have respect for other members or at least be civil.:soapbox: it would appear there is very little respect about these days,particularly with the younger generation, sad isn't it? this is not a whinge, just an observation.

Suej
16-06-2011, 18:18
it would appear there is very little respect about these days,particularly with the younger generation, sad isn't it? this is not a whinge, just an observation.

Iīm only young HT (29 and some months ;)) but hope I have never been really nasty or rude to anyone!:love:

howard thornton
16-06-2011, 19:26
Iīm only young HT (29 and some months ;)) but hope I have never been rude to anyone!:love: your halo is in the post. lol

with cheese
16-06-2011, 19:39
your halo is in the post. lol
Suej never been rude that I know of and this thread was a fun thread until SGB post and all the thanks for such a rude attack on people.

scoregolfbob
16-06-2011, 19:40
i do not have to name names the idiots know who they are i just stated a fact thats all, about boring posters anyway have a nice day, adios amigos, ps will not post on this thread again as it would be a waste on time, as i said earlier GET A LIFE

Jimandsi
16-06-2011, 19:42
What a way to promote a business :crylaughing:

with cheese
16-06-2011, 19:48
What a way to promote a business :crylaughing:
Life is all about having fun, obviously you know nothing of that, and as for calling people idiots, just some jobbing builder eh.

pablo1
16-06-2011, 19:50
So I guess people would rather argue then....

Jimandsi
16-06-2011, 19:53
So I guess people would rather argue then....

or throw their toys out of the pram ....

with cheese
16-06-2011, 19:56
Pablo, read all the posts prior to the ridiculous comment by SGB explain why you thanked him, if you can. Theas this, your first post on here, there were no arguments and no nastiness, just fun to a fun thread........now tell me who should get a life.

pablo1
16-06-2011, 20:08
Pablo, read all the posts prior to the ridiculous comment by SGB explain why you thanked him, if you can. Theas this, your first post on here, there were no arguments and no nastiness, just fun to a fun thread........now tell me who should get a life.

I thanked him partly because I thought he had made a valid point, and partly because I thought it may annoy you. :-)
Since I no longer want to get involved in some of the pettiness that goes on,( and the longer it goes the worse it gets ) I decided to post my apologies, and am willing to do my bit and not bite anymore.
Those who want to continue can carry on of course, but the forum is bigger than any one member, and I no longer want to play my part in dragging it down.
I'm in a happy place now Kev, all talk of people getting a life and so on is just that...talk.
Hope that helps. :-)

Harmonicaman
16-06-2011, 20:28
http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/harmonicaman_photos/Larry-Winget-Shut-Up-Stop-Whining-Get-a-Life.jpg

pablo1
16-06-2011, 20:36
http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/harmonicaman_photos/Larry-Winget-Shut-Up-Stop-Whining-Get-a-Life.jpg

Given out free with your copy of Canarian Weekly ! :-)

howard thornton
16-06-2011, 20:58
Life is all about having fun, obviously you know nothing of that, and as for calling people idiots, just some jobbing builder eh.

nice one cheesy ,bob a job.were you ever a boy scout?lol

onelegnofeet
16-06-2011, 21:12

Come on ,shake hands ...................CEMENT a friendship !!!

howard thornton
16-06-2011, 21:14
Come on ,shake hands ...................CEMENT a friendship !!!

then get plastered

Malteser Monkey
16-06-2011, 21:26
Unlike Monkey I fail to see the humour in the first comment, obviously it is there as you have said so in your second comment. I am also failing to see what is so profound about it that you had to leave your non-boring life to post. ??? Perhaps for the likes of me you could elaborate.

I haven't gone back to first post hun sorry I just jump in at the end

with cheese
16-06-2011, 21:30
I haven't gone back to first post hun sorry I just jump in at the end

I woodn't say that about yo MM, you are a Brick.

onelegnofeet
16-06-2011, 21:30
I just jump in at the end

Hope you got yer water wings on !!!

Malteser Monkey
17-06-2011, 09:14
I woodn't say that about yo MM, you are a Brick.

Good Lord what have I done to deserve all the nice comments ??

Going to the dungeon to put the kettle on !

Zara
17-06-2011, 09:17
Good Lord what have I done to deserve all the nice comments ??

Going to the dungeon to put the kettle on !

Then please show the new Mod the ropes and give him a job if he decides he's going to stay :eyebrows:

Malteser Monkey
17-06-2011, 09:27
Then please show the new Mod the ropes and give him a job if he decides he's going to stay :eyebrows:

Who's that Pablo or G.B.

Good morning dear

Zara
17-06-2011, 10:00
Who's that Pablo or G.B.

Good morning dear

Didnīt know Pablo was a Mod. I meant TT as he was talking about putting himself in the dungeon, just telling him he has to meet the criteria i.e. be nutty as a fruit cake like slodge and Mike :crazy::crazy:

Malteser Monkey
17-06-2011, 10:15
Didnīt know Pablo was a Mod. I meant TT as he was talking about putting himself in the dungeon, just telling him he has to meet the criteria i.e. be nutty as a fruit cake like slodge and Mike :crazy::crazy:

some comment made before or on another thread can't remember

with cheese
17-06-2011, 10:33
some comment made before or on another thread can't remember

Or SGB................

scoregolfbob
17-06-2011, 13:04
I said i would not post again on this thread, but hey, its a different day now, As far as me being a mod, No thanks, I admire the the work that Mike And Slodge do, but if i were a mod, there would be no forum as i would ban 95% of the members.
Have a nice day People the sun is shining

onelegnofeet
17-06-2011, 14:54
I said i would not post again on this thread, but hey, its a different day now, As far as me being a mod, No thanks, I admire the the work that Mike And Slodge do, but if i were a mod, there would be no forum as i would ban 95% of the members.
Have a nice day People the sun is shining

So how would that benifit a Forum that relies on Advertising etc .................WHY ARE THERE NO INTELLEGENT THREADS ???:doh::doh:.... And no its not its P...ing it down