PDA

View Full Version : Jimandsi's virtual Karaoke Bar

Vortex Wake
13-06-2011, 17:15
Have you visited this bar. How was it?

We need your comments.

Did it have a warm ambiance or warm beer?

Silver service or zero service?

Is is a Sun readers bar or a Sundays Sports reader's bar?

Did you leave a tip or was it a tip?

Write a review to give others an idea of where not to go on their jollies.

;)

onelegnofeet
13-06-2011, 17:17
Do they serve Gin in Ginandsi's ???

AH! the good old edit button !!!LOL

howard thornton
13-06-2011, 17:21
Have you visited this bar. How was it?

We need your comments.

Did it have a warm ambiance or warm beer?

Silver service or zero service?

Is is a Sun readers bar or a Sundays Sports reader's bar?

Did you leave a tip or was it a tip?

Write a review to give others an idea of where not to go on their jollies.

;) mmmm, we will have to wait for browngirlintherings report.she drinks in all the bars. lol

Vortex Wake
13-06-2011, 17:23
The N was there for a reason Mr mod :doh:

onelegnofeet
13-06-2011, 17:28
The N was there for a reason Mr mod :doh:

Thats not a very nice insult !!!!

Chris P. Bacon
13-06-2011, 17:32
Do they serve Gin in Ginandsi's ???

AH! the good old edit button !!!LOL

I read that before you edited it Oneleg!! you wrote Do they serve Gin in Ginandsi's BRA :doh:

Vortex Wake
13-06-2011, 17:32
I didn't want it to be confused with Jimandsi who is a real person:whistle:

onelegnofeet
13-06-2011, 17:37
I didn't want it to be confused with Jimandsi who is a real person:whistle:

Can i have a pint of your delusional beer please ........................i'm still upset MOD indeed !sob

with cheese
13-06-2011, 19:24
Got P*ssed there but can't remember where it is or what it was like.

YOUNG GOLFER
13-06-2011, 19:31
Not yet been to the bar which is a shame as i think a lot of people here in Tenerife would love to see how a bar should be run....maybe we could all learn a thing or two.

slodgedad
13-06-2011, 19:34
I'm trying to google it so we can send an advertising account..

9PLUS
13-06-2011, 19:36
Not yet been to the bar which is a shame as i think a lot of people here in Tenerife would love to see how a bar should be run....maybe we could all learn a thing or two.

Correction:-Not yet been to the bar which is a shame as i think a lot of people here in Tenerife would love to petrol bomb it.

Jimandsi
13-06-2011, 19:39
I'm trying to google it so we can send an advertising account..

We enquired about a banner advert on the Forum months ago slodgie.

Didn't even get a reply or an acknowledgement, so went elsewhere.

howard thornton
13-06-2011, 19:42

they have done a good pr job.

Jimandsi
13-06-2011, 19:43
they have done a good pr job.

My Bank Manager agrees with you :)

slodgedad
13-06-2011, 19:47

Send me a link to your website, via PM, and I'll see if it's suitable for our most discerning members.:eyebrows::crazy:

howard thornton
13-06-2011, 19:48
My Bank Manager agrees with you :)

you can always tell when your bank manager is lying,his lips are moving.

Harmonicaman
13-06-2011, 19:51
Correction:-Not yet been to the bar which is a shame as i think a lot of people here in Tenerife would love to petrol bomb it.
We could call it "The Molotov"!

Jimandsi
13-06-2011, 19:56
Send me a link to your website, via PM, and I'll see if it's suitable for our most discerning members.:eyebrows::crazy:

I'd have been more than happy to.

However, let me have sight of your typical banner stats including, impressions, click thrus and CTR's and I'll show them to the Manager over there.

howard thornton
13-06-2011, 20:01
We could call it "The Molotov"!

good idea cam, that would fill it with eastern europeans, no sun readers amongst that lot

cainaries
I trust it serves Cristal?

TOTO 99
I'd have been more than happy to.

However, let me have sight of your typical banner stats including, impressions, click thrus and CTR's and I'll show them to the Manager over there.

Or as we know him.......Zarion...

AL JAY
13-06-2011, 20:12
We went last week, I knew it was going to be rough when we noticed Kate Adie was one of the doorstaff, and the first question in the quiz was, "Who ya looking at" and they had a pig on the bar as an air freshener and Ross Kemp was Karaoke compere ,We quaffed our Pymms and made a hasty retreat to the peace and quiet of Los Cris!!!

onelegnofeet
13-06-2011, 20:18
I trust it serves Cristal?

They do .....................Crystal Meths

with cheese
13-06-2011, 21:39
I have heard that Jimbo has crystal balls.

I ask if they sell diet coke, I got told yeah we cut it with low fat ajax.

Malteser Monkey
14-06-2011, 12:54
I was not impressed with the semi naked cage dancers....those guys should have taken their socks off !!!!

with cheese
14-06-2011, 13:06
I was not impressed with the semi naked cage dancers....those guys should have taken their socks off !!!!
How Rude...............

Bazz
14-06-2011, 16:11

Don't hold your breath. The bar is a figment of Jimandsi's imagination. :eyebrows::wall:

with cheese
14-06-2011, 17:19
Don't hold your breath. The bar is a figment of Jimandsi's imagination. :eyebrows::wall:
Since when did Jimandsi have imagination?

Jimandsi
14-06-2011, 19:38
Well, that's a good bit of market research anyway, albeit from a fairly low intellect audience.

Not one negative post regarding our cafe/bar.

Considering the amount of whingers we have on here, I did expect something.

Just proves how easy it is to please some people (and make money out of it). :crylaughing:

pablo1
14-06-2011, 19:49
Well, that's a good bit of market research anyway, albeit from a fairly low intellect audience.

Not one negative post regarding our cafe/bar.

Considering the amount of whingers we have on here, I did expect something.

Just proves how easy it is to please some people (and make money out of it). :crylaughing:

Give me a clue Jimbob, i'm over on Monday and I would feel cheated if I didn't get to venture into your establishment before i'm home again. :-)

YOUNG GOLFER
14-06-2011, 20:23
Think if the truth was known there is no bar Paul...the reason i say this only a fool would not tell the forum they had a bar if given a chance to get a little business.:lol::lol::lol:

YOUNG GOLFER
14-06-2011, 20:24
Had a walk down to the Fantasy bar last night for a couple of drinks with the wife.
Have to say, I wasn´t impressed ???
And the waiter scared my kids...

with cheese
14-06-2011, 20:25
What, not really a bar..........................well I never, thanks YG.

howard thornton
14-06-2011, 20:26
Had a walk down to the Fantasy bar last night for a couple of drinks with the wife.
Have to say, I wasn´t impressed ???388
And the waiter scared my kids...389 hey i know that bloke.

with cheese
14-06-2011, 20:27
He did say it was Adults only, so scaring the kids is right.
Looks like a nice bar but in a rather built up area though.

Mawkin
14-06-2011, 20:35
Looks like the bar need a shell suited, tattooed and overweight PR.:hello:

pablo1
14-06-2011, 21:22
Think if the truth was known there is no bar Paul...the reason i say this only a fool would not tell the forum they had a bar if given a chance to get a little business.:lol::lol::lol:

I don't know mate, if I had a bar over there I think I would keep it quiet from here as well. See you next week anyway, i'll pop into the office during the week, you can buy me a coffee. :-)

Jimandsi
14-06-2011, 21:40
I don't know mate, if I had a bar over there I think I would keep it quiet from here as well.

Spot on pablo1, yet again we agree on some basic business strategy.

Sadly, others will never understand.

AJP
14-06-2011, 21:50
Jims bar is called Munchausens.............its By Proxy................great for all you attention seekers out there

pablo1
14-06-2011, 21:57
................great for all you attention seekers out there

Now that would be a busy bar.... :-)

Jimandsi
14-06-2011, 22:01
Jims bar is called Munchausens.............its By Proxy................great for all you attention seekers out there

Yes, Baron Münchhausen no less :)

Went completely off his rocker, spoke nothing but rubbish and became an Estate Agent.

Vortex Wake
14-06-2011, 22:16
And a mod has actually moved this thread to >Reviews>Bars :lol:

Maybe we should review Elvis Presley's ice cream parlour next.

YOUNG GOLFER
14-06-2011, 22:23
I don't know mate, if I had a bar over there I think I would keep it quiet from here as well. See you next week anyway, i'll pop into the office during the week, you can buy me a coffee. :-)

Coffee would be a first bud....it's water you want everytime you come into the office:drinking::drinking:

pablo1
14-06-2011, 22:29
Coffee would be a first bud....it's water you want everytime you come into the office:drinking::drinking:

It's the long walk from Parque Santiago that does it....honest! Ha Ha!

marbro8
14-06-2011, 22:44
i turned up in my lacoste flip flops my hugo boss shorts armani t shirt and diamond earrings and his so called door men turned me away because i looked like a typical bloody Brit on my hols?!!!!!

with cheese
14-06-2011, 22:45
Flip flops and socks did it.

cainaries
14-06-2011, 22:58
Have to say, I wasn´t impressed ???388
And the waiter scared my kids...389
Is that waiter Jim or Si? He'd scare anyone, not just your kids.

slodgedad
14-06-2011, 23:03
And a mod has actually moved this thread to >Reviews>Bars :lol:

Maybe we should review Elvis Presley's ice cream parlour next.

It was automatically moved when it was merged with a similar thread.

Where do you think it belongs, then. I know where I do...:idea::idea::idea:

Malteser Monkey
14-06-2011, 23:11
Pablo ?........

Vortex Wake
14-06-2011, 23:11
It was automatically moved when it was merged with a similar thread.

Where do you think it belongs, then. I know where I do...:idea::idea::idea:

Merged with a similar thread ???????????????!

General chat (non Tenerife) was where I put it as it is made up.

slodgedad
14-06-2011, 23:15
Merged with a similar thread ???????????????!

General chat (non Tenerife) was where I put it as it is made up.

I'll move it back. It was merged with Young Golfer's thread.

Jimandsi
15-06-2011, 11:00
i turned up in my lacoste flip flops my hugo boss shorts armani t shirt and diamond earrings and his so called door men turned me away because i looked like a typical bloody Brit on my hols?!!!!!

That's great news for us marbro8.

We were concerned about whether the doorman would earn his keep and he obviously is.

To be honest mate, you would have looked a complete plonker dressed like that in our cafe/bar. :crylaughing:

Might be better if you stayed in the concrete jungle eh ?

Zara
15-06-2011, 19:40
For someone who is always being criticized as chief mardy bum of the forum, I think you are handling this p*** taking extremely well. Had it been any others they would have been screaming bully, close the thread and the like.

Just goes to show doesn´t it When the next one complains they are being picked on will have to point to this thread. :hat:

Jimandsi
15-06-2011, 20:11
For someone who is always being criticized as chief mardy bum of the forum, I think you are handling this p*** taking extremely well. Had it been any others they would have been screaming bully, close the thread and the like.

Just goes to show doesn´t it When the next one complains they are being picked on will have to point to this thread. :hat:

Thank you Zara. :hat:

I actually feel sorry for some of the posters in this thread and am not offended by their comments whatsoever. I believe that it just highlights some of their weaknesses like jealousy, bitterness and general ignorance.

At some point in the future however, I will disclose the whereabouts of the cafe/bar I invested in and then I will definitely have the last laugh. :raspberry2:

Meanwhile, let's see if we can get it to 1,000 posts - I might have another fifty quid bet on it and it will create some much needed traffic for our Forum.

AL JAY
15-06-2011, 20:17
Jimbo most posts are very much tongue in cheek and i for one look forward to your posts, the forum wouldn't be the same without you!

TOTO 99
15-06-2011, 20:22
Jimbo most posts are very much tongue in cheek and i for one look forward to your posts, the forum wouldn't be the same without you!

But let's give it a go eh?............

pablo1
15-06-2011, 20:25
Yeah, because i'm sure Jimbob is hating all the attention.

Harmonicaman
15-06-2011, 20:26
Everyone's welcome as long as there are only 4 of you. (Well bars are expensive!):eyebrows:
http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/harmonicaman_photos/Peanut-Bar-Stools.jpg

Zara
15-06-2011, 20:37
Everyone's welcome as long as there are only 4 of you. (Well bars are expensive!):eyebrows:
http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/harmonicaman_photos/Peanut-Bar-Stools.jpg

Think the word is exclusive Cam not expensive and the drinks are good, this is what I had on the house.
http://www.1zanshin.com/images/images/exclusive-bars-image-2.jpg

Harmonicaman
15-06-2011, 20:42
Think the word is exclusive Cam not expensive and the drinks are good, this is what I had on the house.
http://www.1zanshin.com/images/images/exclusive-bars-image-2.jpg

Oooh! Very nice! What is it?:lol:

Zara
15-06-2011, 20:59
An Amaretto Sour

with cheese
15-06-2011, 22:02
Good luck to yer Jimbo, I enjoy your posts and the banter. So now let me know where yer bloody bar is.:pray:

Jimandsi
16-06-2011, 17:24
Yeah, because i'm sure Jimbob is hating all the attention.

But I didn't start the thread / threads, did I ?

with cheese
16-06-2011, 20:02
Why shouldn't a person of your long life as a TF member enjoy the attention Jimbo. I do remember you posting on the old forum but there again you were a regular poster and thread starter.
In case you don't remember and so that yet again some don't feel I am hiding, coz I isn't, Kevtnn.
Now send me the bloody menu for bar...................lol

tonypub
16-06-2011, 20:08
oh dear,seems its all kickin off at your bar jimbob,you need new doormen:gun::gun::gun:

with cheese
16-06-2011, 20:11
Mothercare.co.uk/bouncers

pablo1
16-06-2011, 20:16
But I didn't start the thread / threads, did I ?

Sorry, there should have been a smiley to show I wasn't serious. It's easy to misinterpret the written word. :-)

Vortex Wake
17-06-2011, 16:09
Ok, all together now..............

You can dance, you can jive......Having the time of your life........
Ooh see that girl, watch that scene......Dig in the dancing queen...........

Ok, one more time - come on ..................

Don't forget tomorrow night is BINGO night............... 88 two fat ladies ....... not arf - do they mean me?

http://www.calpeonline24.com/images/la_copa_sharni.jpg

Zara
17-06-2011, 16:12
Ok, all together now..............

You can dance, you can jive......Having the time of your life........
Ooh see that girl, watch that scene......Dig in the dancing queen...........

Ok, one more time - come on ..................

Don't forget tomorrow night is BINGO night.

http://www.calpeonline24.com/images/la_copa_sharni.jpg

Is that a picture of you VW are you his compare???

Jimandsi
17-06-2011, 16:23
Fantastic VW - there's even a football shirt and tattoos to be seen in shot :crylaughing:

Thanks.

with cheese
17-06-2011, 19:55
Blimey 3 tits.

Ecky Thump
20-09-2011, 08:38
[QUOTE=Jimandsi;16841]
At some point in the future however, I will disclose the whereabouts of the cafe/bar I invested in and then I will definitely have the last laugh. :raspberry2:
QUOTE]

Time is going on Jim, are you any nearer to disclosing the mysterious whereabouts of your Cafe/Bar/Diner/Joint/Restaurant/Club, or are you so busy that you don't need the custom of us low life's!;)

cainaries
20-09-2011, 13:44
[QUOTE=Jimandsi;16841]
QUOTE]

Time is going on Jim, are you any nearer to disclosing the mysterious whereabouts of your Cafe/Bar/Diner/Joint/Restaurant/Club, or are you so busy that you don't need the custom of us low life's!;)

What a missed opportunity, Ecky, you could have had your party there!

dede
20-09-2011, 13:50
[QUOTE=Jimandsi;16841]
QUOTE]

He's got better low life's in better places now to invite:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Terrynsue
20-09-2011, 16:23
Me n Sue got thrown into a bar by some huge bouncers when last in Tenerife is that the establishment in question?

Jimandsi
09-10-2011, 22:08

You've virtually hit the nail on the head there Ecky - No, we don't really need your custom.

I've just returned from Tenerife and am very pleased with the cafe/bar's performance to date.

We have a nice regular customer base and I'd hate to scare them away with the €uropinters, bingo, meat raffle and crappyoke crowd.

Thank you for your interest anyway. :tiphat:

YOUNG GOLFER
09-10-2011, 22:21
Well i have to give you credit jimandsi you bar/cafe must be the ONLY bar in Tenerife that's not looking for business.

Even if you won't share with your fellow forum members where you business is in Tenerife you could at least share a few tips to how is has become so successful.:)

Jimandsi
10-10-2011, 14:48
@YG,

As I said in my post #77 to Ecky - "We have a nice regular customer base" and I "am very pleased with the cafe/bar's performance to date".

Of course we want to increase our footfall with the right sort of people, but from what I can see from other threads, I very much doubt whether those sort of people frequent this forum.

So, I suppose that could be my first tip for you to run a successful business YG:- select your target market and stick with it (you don't see Selfridges trying to attract Tesco customers do you ?).

I normally charge for consultancy, but to you YG, that's a freeby. :raspberry:

Malteser Monkey
10-10-2011, 14:56
Wondering here now could I perhaps be the "tight sort, sorry right sort of person" to frequent your establishment - or would I have to sit outside:neener::hi:

Oh Jimbo you do make me laugh

and I do Tescos and Selfridges, been known to spend a tenner in Waitrose if really flush:cheeky:

Jimandsi
10-10-2011, 15:00
It's not really what you're willing/able to spend MM, it's more to do with how you behave amongst others.

Malteser Monkey
10-10-2011, 15:08
Well it could be a bit of:bootyshake:or it could be:knitting::reading:

:cheeky:

cainaries
10-10-2011, 15:13
Wondering here now could I perhaps be the "tight sort, sorry right sort of person" to frequent your establishment - or would I have to sit outside:neener::hi:

and I do Tescos and Selfridges, been known to spend a tenner in Waitrose if really flush:cheeky:

We might even do Harvey Nick's on a good day, mightn't we Monkey? And I would have thought people who do Harvey Nick's might be acceptable to Jimbo or do you suppose you have to be wearing haute couture - no-one dressed off the peg will be good enough.

Is it 'discreet' this bar or are celebs allowed in?

Jimandsi
10-10-2011, 15:16
Well it could be a bit of:bootyshake:or it could be:knitting::reading:

:cheeky:

Oh dear, just as I suspected MM.

I'm sure there are lot's of other venues on the Island that would welcome your custom. :sorry:

Don't call us, we'll call you.

sunseeker
10-10-2011, 15:19
It's not really what you're willing/able to spend MM, it's more to do with how you behave amongst others.

:eek: :crylaughing: ive just read the last few pages of this thread and that comment is really funny.

do you mean that customers that make sweeping statements by calling everyone more or less chavs and try and get a rise out of the other customers will be allowed in your bar, but the nice members of the forum that are the butt of your insults will not?

fair play. wouldnt want to go to that bar anyway. with someone like you in charge itd not really be too nice. i think id rather go for a drink and a singsong with the chavs. anyone fancy it? :D

i feel a bottle of wine thread coming on.

Malteser Monkey
10-10-2011, 15:22
What no knitting allowed ???

Oh I'll take my WI blue rinse possee elsewhere Jimbo

nevermind

Come on Cainaries get your bag:cheeky:

cainaries
10-10-2011, 15:31
What no knitting allowed ???

Oh I'll take my WI blue rinse possee elsewhere Jimbo

nevermind

Come on Cainaries get your bag:cheeky:

Right behind you Monkey .... We've been thrown out of better places than this!'

Malteser Monkey
10-10-2011, 15:34
:D
Right behind you Monkey .... We've been thrown out of better places than this!'

Not too close C ! I'm still mooning ...:laugh::cheeky:

cainaries
10-10-2011, 15:57
:D

Not too close C ! I'm still mooning ...:laugh::cheeky:

I suppose that's what I should expect from a Monkey - not one of those blue-bottomed ones, are you?

TOTO 99
10-10-2011, 16:04

Is this the one you shop at MM?

Malteser Monkey
10-10-2011, 16:09

Love it !!! Oh Toto :rofl::rofl:

(why can I never see your name and not say it with an American accent :cheeky:)

Jimandsi
10-10-2011, 21:53
----------

Jimandsi
24-10-2011, 21:46

Where is that shop, does anyone know ?

doreen
24-10-2011, 22:50
Where is that shop, does anyone know ?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38002618@N05/5930603087/
This competitor to the great store on Oxford Street is to be found at the north end of Stoke Newington High Road.

Now, where's your secret location :lol:

tonypub
25-10-2011, 03:24
http://www.flickr.com/photos/38002618@N05/5930603087/
This competitor to the great store on Oxford Street is to be found at the north end of Stoke Newington High Road.

Now, where's your secret location :lol:imagine:snore: