PDA

View Full Version : Photography & Cinematography section on the Tenerife Forum

DJ Dangerous
29-05-2011, 19:11
How about a photography section?

To include cinematography, photography etc?

We have some wonderful photographers here on the forum who will have work to showcase for us...

KirstyJay
29-05-2011, 19:21

We have some wonderful photographers here on the forum who will have work to showcase for us...Why don't you set one up using the Groups feature...? It'll work on this version of the forum, as it's a fresh install without a lot of the bugs :D

Vortex Wake
29-05-2011, 22:50
My phone can't for that at the 10:50 pm ;)

Balcony
07-07-2011, 08:51
Perhaps there could be a sub-section regarding cameras that people use. Over the past years I moved away from my Canon EOS, then to a small digital, then to a small Ixus and now I'm thinking of going up again! I actually just got fed up with the wight of the camera and though a nice, small camera to tuck in my pocket would be idea. But I don't like the quality of the photo too much. I did try taking photos using my HTC mobile - oh my, just about passable if there is plenty of light and, but anything less and total cr-p!

9PLUS
26-07-2011, 13:19

We have some wonderful photographers here on the forum who will have work to showcase for us...

Why is this thread still in the suggestions box?

DJ Dangerous asked for a section which included Cinematography, Photography etc

Theres a massive difference between the two to have them both in the same thread.

KirstyJay
12-09-2011, 11:58
About time we had a photo sub section to post threads in.:wink:

As has been suggested on several occasions, why not set up a photography group using the groups facility on the forum :)

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/group.php

EDIT > Apologies!!! Have found a group has been set up! Will add a link for you now :)

EDIT AGAIN > Link to group now added. :)

Tom
12-09-2011, 12:24
As has been suggested on several occasions, why not set up a photography group using the groups facility on the forum :)

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/group.php

EDIT > Apologies!!! Have found a group has been set up! Will add a link for you now :)

I'm a member of that group.

But does that not make them only visible to group members ,who are the only ones able to open threads ?

KirstyJay
12-09-2011, 12:40
I'm a member of that group.

But does that not make them only visible to group members ,who are the only ones able to open threads ?

It depends... if the group is set to private by the group owner, in your case DJD, then it will not be visible to anyone but members, if it's set to public, then anyone can view and join the group. :)

Tom
12-09-2011, 12:45
It depends... if the group is set to private by the group owner, in your case DJD, then it will not be visible to anyone but members, if it's set to public, then anyone can view and join the group. :)

Wouldn't be just as easy to add a sub section to one of the forums ?

KirstyJay
12-09-2011, 12:55
Wouldn't be just as easy to add a sub section to one of the forums ?Not unless you have over 100 threads to fill it, which you don't. :) It damages our SEO. Hence why there are prefixes for a lot of forums, rather than lots of subsections.

Tom
12-09-2011, 13:14
Not unless you have over 100 threads to fill it, which you don't. :) It damages our SEO. Hence why there are prefixes for a lot of forums, rather than lots of subsections.

Add it as a forum/section in it's own right then,after all a picture can paint a thousand words.
I thought it would be easier to put the all together in their own threads so people could find them easily.
Makes no odds to me where they are posted, i just thought i would share these with the forum

KirstyJay
12-09-2011, 13:24
Add it as a forum/section in it's own right then,after all a picture can paint a thousand words.
I thought it would be easier to put the all together in their own threads so people could find them easily.
Makes no odds to me where they are posted, i just thought i would share these with the forumAs I just said in my previous post which you quoted, I can not add it as a forum/section until there are 100 or more (4 pages +) topics on that subject. This is why I suggested a group. Once there are 4 pages of threads, a section will be added, just as it was for the Animals & Pets forum.

EDIT > All this is taking your thread off topic, as it's a completely different subject than the Mare Nostrum Fireworks. I will move them to their own thread.

Tom
12-09-2011, 14:09
" open photo group " created post you photos and question in there , once we have enough post a section can be created - spam away :whistle: Only joking ! lol

KirstyJay
12-09-2011, 14:52
" open photo group " created post you photos and question in there , once we have enough post a section can be created - spam away :whistle: Only joking ! lolI could maybe add a prefix of 'photography' which you could prefix your posts with... trouble is, prefixes are usually forum specific... and you lot have posted photography threads all over the place, depending on whether they are to do with Tenerife, UK... events... etc etc.

Tom
12-09-2011, 14:59
I could maybe add a prefix of 'photography' which you could prefix your posts with... trouble is, prefixes are usually forum specific... and you lot have posted photography threads all over the place, depending on whether they are to do with Tenerife, UK... events... etc etc.

KirstyJay i have sent you some pm's but i can't remember if you said , you used pm,s or not

KirstyJay
12-09-2011, 15:04
Yes, but I didn't understand them... :o I'm uncertain why you've set up a second photography group when there already was one...? Also I don't think it's possible to move threads in or out of groups. There isn't a moderation option for this. I will have to ask on the VBulletin forums.

Tom
12-09-2011, 15:14
Yes, but I didn't understand them... :o I'm uncertain why you've set up a second photography group when there already was one...? Also I don't think it's possible to move threads in or out of groups. There isn't a moderation option for this. I will have to ask on the VBulletin forums.
I thought the other one wasn't open to browse by everyone.
If i'm wrong delete the one i have created.
Can't seem to do right for wrong.

KirstyJay
12-09-2011, 15:25
Can't seem to do right for wrong.I don't know if the other's open to all... but if it's not, then DJD can change it, or if he does not mind, I can also edit it and open it up. It just seems counterproductive to split people up into two groups... that's all. :)

I've added a photography prefix and put it in as many of the forums that have photography threads that i can find... so if you prefix threads you post in the future, I will be able to keep track of how many there are and move them to their own section once it becomes a viable option. :)

EDIT >

Can't seem to do right for wrong.
Nope, just checked, and the other photography group was already open, so anyone and their dog can easily join just by clicking.

Tom
12-09-2011, 15:47
ok delete the posts i have made regarding the one i started and i will delete the group.

Looks like you beat me to it.