PDA

View Full Version : Wanted An apartment/hotel that is suitable for a person with COPD in south Tenerife

lapalma
19-05-2012, 23:00
[FONT=Comic Sans

Hi,

Myself and my good wife as well as other family members have been coming to Tenerife on holiday for
many years,most have been spent in Hotels and the majority in the past few years have been in private
apartments up in San Euginio Alto.Having had a good range of apartments in this ,we were very happy.
But due to my health (I have COPD and I use Oxygen 15 hours every day in the UK) I now have breathing
problems coming back up to the apartment each day.Its OK if we take a taxi back (the Taxi Mafia
have always been good to us and have NEVER ripped us off)

Having been keeping in close contact each day on the forum,Iam now rather concerened about renting a private
apartment from another person without getting into trouble with the Canarian Government and would appreciate
any thoughts from qualified persons who live and work in the rental trade in The Canary Islands as well as Tenerife.

If I had purchased an apartment way back in the late 70s I would now be sitting with a good profit but having
looked at the property prices as of today I must stay away.

I would be very muched obliged if anyone on Tenerife can help me find a good 2 bed apartment rental for when
we visit the island,in the past we have always came out 4 times a year,but with the COPD and climbing hills
in San Euginio Alto I have had to cool down.We both love Tenerife and its people have always been good to us
and I do not see a better holiday destination,lets hope someone on the island can help me,thank you.

lapalma
31-05-2012, 22:26
I would have thought by now that someone could have got back to me in a reply or even a private e-mail into where I can rent an apartment in a nice area that suits my illness.Although I have lung problems and my better half has heart problems we still see Tenerife as our ideal holiday destination.Perhaps someone can get back to me and offer some advice quite soon.Thanks

Ecky Thump
31-05-2012, 22:36
As long as you rent a apartment on a touristic complex and not a residential one, then there will be no problems at all for you, so you can simply browse through the many available web sites offering properties for rental in your preferred area of Tenerife.

lapalma
31-05-2012, 23:24
As long as you rent a apartment on a touristic complex and not a residential one, then there will be no problems at all for you, so you can simply browse through the many available web sites offering properties for rental in your preferred area of Tenerife.

Once again many thanks ET, I can now go forward and look at apartments that suit me and also my BH needs.It seems so strange that the friend that we normaly used for any rental up in San Euginio Alto has not informed me of the new law.
Without giving anything away I used to spend many happy times in the Toby Jug,Tonys Bar,Roys Pizzas as well as other nice establishments in this area.I know the uphill return to the apartment was mind blowing but we used the taxis.Thanks.

Ecky Thump
31-05-2012, 23:38
Once again many thanks ET, I can now go forward and look at apartments that suit me and also my BH needs.It seems so strange that the friend that we normaly used for any rental up in San Euginio Alto has not informed me of the new law.
Without giving anything away I used to spend many happy times in the Toby Jug,Tonys Bar,Roys Pizzas as well as other nice establishments in this area.I know the uphill return to the apartment was mind blowing but we used the taxis.Thanks.

My understanding of the law is that, if you were to rent a apartment on a residential site, you are not breaking the law, but the person who rents the apartment to you is, also I have never heard of any one being put out of a apartment on a residential site by the authorities. What appears to be happening on rentals on residential complexes is that the person who is renting, states that they are a close friend of the owner and that no money is involved.

AL JAY
01-06-2012, 13:12
Take a look at this website lapalma...

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/playa-de-las-americas/

I would try for Centro PDLA as it is on the flat,and near the front! eg Parque Santiago 4 etc!