PDA

View Full Version : Other Are the prices for food and drink remaining constant as the exchange rate changes?

PUDCLARKE
21-05-2012, 16:38
Hi,
As the Euro exchange rate is at a 3.5 year high (which is good for us Tourists), just wondering if the price of a pint in the bars is remaining constant or have they started to creep up to take advantage of the situation ?

Simon-M
21-05-2012, 19:34
I saw a 95c pint last week in Los Cristianos.

slodgedad
21-05-2012, 19:47
I've seen no obvious hikes (Don't give 'em ideas)

dolmard
21-05-2012, 20:32
I've heard that pints are more expensive in Los Gigantes area. Is it true ? I mean a pint of Dorada not a british lager. What can i expect about the price in Los Gig area ? Any good bars tips ? 1,50 € is still a bargain for a french customer. 1 € is better but i guess LG is a 1€ per pint no-way zone ?

slodgedad
21-05-2012, 20:41
I've heard that pints are more expensive in Los Gigantes area. Is it true ? I mean a pint of Dorada not a british lager. What can i expect about the price in Los Gig area ? Any good bars tips ? 1,50 € is still a bargain for a french customer. 1 € is better but i guess LG is a 1€ per pint no-way zone ?

???????????????

dolmard
21-05-2012, 20:58
???????????????

:agree::sorry:

dokgolf
21-05-2012, 21:19
You'll get some 1 euro pints in Puerto Santiago, mainly in the British bars. If you want good beer in Los Gig, try "Sangria" next to the Green Corner pub. @ 1.50 a pint for San Miguel, Dorada or Mahou

dolmard
21-05-2012, 21:31
Well i must admit that if my post is not directly related to the original topic of this thread it's still an interesting fact to develop further. I got no pound exchange rate but my booze consumption is a not a detail regarding our family holiday budgets.

Well i must admit that my english level is overrated in my own perception. I often believe that i understand what i misunderstood (:crylaughing:). But my spanish is even worse... So i've got to write bad frenglish to answer misunderstood good english about my visit to spain.

It's crystal clear isn't it ?

I go to bed. Need to go on holidays.

edit : thanks dokgolf for the Sangria !

seanocelt
21-05-2012, 22:22
your English is better than our French im sure! !.50 a pint DAYTIME can be found in LOs Gigantes, shop around.