PDA

View Full Version : Health My two cats losing weight

DonnaFranka
22-05-2012, 19:04
Hi. Has two rescue cats. One 2 yrs old and the other 4. They both seem to be losing weight and are rather lethargic. Could it be they need worming...pls help. Thanks

Suej
22-05-2012, 19:10
Donna I would get them to the vet if you can! if they go out are you sure no one is trying to poison them? it just seems strange that they are both in the same condition at the same time are they eating normally but still losing weight or has their appetite decreased? Have they been tested for Leukaemia and feline Aids? it could be something or nothing but no one can diagnose what might be wrong with them only a Vet! please let us know how you get on!

DonnaFranka
24-05-2012, 08:01
Thank you so much everyone for all your pm`s with tips and advice. Did take the cats to the vets and he said it was the extremely hot weather that was affecting them and yes he did worm them.

As you can see I do not have a lot of experience with cats, but am really blessed to have these two wonderful black cats engraciating my house. It is also really encouraging to find out that there is a support network on the island for people like me.

Thanks again. :wave:

Suej
24-05-2012, 10:09
Thank you so much everyone for all your pm`s with tips and advice. Did take the cats to the vets and he said it was the extremely hot weather that was affecting them and yes he did worm them.

As you can see I do not have a lot of experience with cats, but am really blessed to have these two wonderful black cats engraciating my house. It is also really encouraging to find out that there is a support network on the island for people like me.

Glad they are OK! My cat just lay under the bed on the floor tiles most of the time during the heatwave! poor things!

mayday
30-05-2012, 08:15

when I first see this I think it may due to weather changing. I don't know about your place but in my place cats usually losing weight in the summer. Thank god you cat are OK.:hi:

Suej
30-05-2012, 10:43
when I first see this I think it may due to weather changing. I don't know about your place but in my place cats usually losing weight in the summer. Thank god you cat are OK.:hi:

Wish my little one would lose weight! She does lose a lot of fur as soon as it starts getting hot which does make her appear slimmer!:eyebrows: