PDA

View Full Version : Internet Does anyone get British TV via FilmOn from Tenerife?

ddoyle
23-05-2012, 19:45
Does anyone access British TV using their Ipad or Iphone with film on. I have been told that it is very easy to access British TV this way, I would appreciate any information from anyone using this system.

Megaloo
23-05-2012, 20:02
Does anyone access British TV using their Ipad or Iphone with film on. I have been told that it is very easy to access British TV this way, I would appreciate any information from anyone using this system.

Yes I watch British Tv on my I Pad with Filmon. Go to Filmon.com and register then you can choose from all the programmes to watch but not on HD you have to click on SD for the free viewings otherwise you will be timed out if you try to watch in HD.

chifleta
23-05-2012, 21:46
I use it too sometimes, only pain is the typical internet connection here decides to buffer on occassion... which is a bit of a pain if you're watching the last 30 seconds of something... "and the winner is............" buffer buffer buffer LOL

chifleta
23-05-2012, 22:14
I'm not too worried about it...................... any programmes that I like are normally uploaded by someone somewhere on the internet, so I can watch them online, and pause them when I want, as it's a rare day that I get to watch a whole programme without interruptions anyways LOL

Megaloo
12-08-2012, 19:00
Anyone using Filmon have you noticed that if you want to watch it full screen you now have to subscribe?? seems you can now only watch it small screen.

Suej
12-08-2012, 19:04
Just checked here! yes you are right! They always find something to make you cough up some dosh! :doh:

chifleta
12-08-2012, 19:21
yeah, but as i usually only watch normal size coz i'm noseying here or fb on the other half of my computer screen, it doesn't bother me :)

eggletonjo
13-08-2012, 10:28
You can use the computer mouse to zoom in, this bypasses the small screen but the quality is not perfect, or use myiplayer, who have lots of links for each channel including rebroadcasting film on. Many links do not need a vpn.

Suej
13-08-2012, 18:32
Anyone using Filmon have you noticed that if you want to watch it full screen you now have to subscribe?? seems you can now only watch it small screen.

Megaloo! I registered as a free viewer (no subscription) and can go full screen! I don't know whether this will just be temporary or not! but thought I would let you know!:wave:

EDIT! Nope a window keeps coming on the middle of the screen telling me to log in! given up for the moment!

anegib
13-08-2012, 18:48
I have FilmOn on my computer and works fine. Can go full screen no problems. Did have the same as you coming up but it stopped after I registered for free. Hope this helps you.

john b
13-08-2012, 19:01
We watched the whole 3 hours plus of the closing ceremony last night via Filmon on an iPad and a HDMI adaptor into a 40 inch TV, with brilliant surround sound. It worked flawlesly (we have 10 MByte broadband. I notice that when I select a prog on the app it comes up in the old style, with the channels down the left side, and the picture to the right with a "spread to full screen" message. If I then change channels, it comes up with the SD/HD malarkey. If I power down the iPad completely to reboot it, it seems to reset to the "spread to full screen" version.

primrose
13-08-2012, 19:11
Megaloo! I registered as a free viewer (no subscription) and can go full screen! I don't know whether this will just be temporary or not! but thought I would let you know!:wave:

EDIT! Nope a window keeps coming on the middle of the screen telling me to log in! given up for the moment!

I now have the same thing,it says your free trial has expired and gives a list of prices to register.

Suej
13-08-2012, 19:36
I have FilmOn on my computer and works fine. Can go full screen no problems. Did have the same as you coming up but it stopped after I registered for free. Hope this helps you.

I did register for free ages ago but never needed or bothered to log in! now I'm getting the same as primrose with a window obscuring the screen even after loggin in! will try registering again and see what happens!

Megaloo
13-08-2012, 20:05
Thanks everyone I registered ages ago as you did Sue so just thought they remembered me. I will re register and see what happens.