PDA

View Full Version : I am receiving emails more than once

Zara
04-06-2011, 12:44
Thanks Mike, Just seen your PM.

Added after 2 minutes:

Until you can sort out the help ticket issue, this is the sort of thing I was trying to report. I keep getting email notifications like this

13:33 (5 minutes ago)
Dear Zara,

Peterrayner has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - How to save on Spanish death duties - in the General Tenerife Chat forum of Tenerife Forum.

This thread is located at:
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerif...s&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Then the full message ..................................................
---End Quote---
@ Doreen Nome de Plume

Thanks for that valuable imput. Nome would it be possible to keep us updated on any progress with the EU actions against this discrimination on non residents.

However I also received this same notification at 8.15 this morning. Then another at 10.49 when Norm replied - it would seem that some emails are circulating several times.???

mike in chayofa
04-06-2011, 14:02
Thanks Mike, Just seen your PM.

Added after 2 minutes:

Until you can sort out the help ticket issue, this is the sort of thing I was trying to report. I keep getting email notifications like this

13:33 (5 minutes ago)
Dear Zara,

Peterrayner has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - How to save on Spanish death duties - in the General Tenerife Chat forum of Tenerife Forum.

This thread is located at:
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerif...s&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Then the full message ..................................................
---End Quote---
@ Doreen Nome de Plume

Thanks for that valuable imput. Nome would it be possible to keep us updated on any progress with the EU actions against this discrimination on non residents.

However I also received this same notification at 8.15 this morning. Then another at 10.49 when Norm replied - it would seem that some emails are circulating several times.???

You need to go to:

Settings.

General settings

Default Thread Subscription Mode ... here you have the option to modify how you are notified of replies to a thread that you have taken part in .... ie instant email, once per week etc.

Depending on what you want (or don't) one of the options is 'Do not notify'

Otherwise every time someone replies to a thread that you are subscribed to, you will be notified of it by email.

Zara
04-06-2011, 14:28
Sorry Mike, that is not the problem,

I know how to sort out notifications and I am happy to have them immediately, what is happening is that I am getting the same one more than once. e.g. the one I was referring to above
I received the notification of the 8.15 post immediately,
At 10.49 I immediately received notification about that post (currently the last post on the thread)
then at 13.33 I received notification again of the 8.15 post.

This has happened on several threads I am subscribed to.

PS: Please put that fab photo back in your signature - I enjoy looking at you :lol: