PDA

View Full Version : Announcement New way to raise personal cash and generate business

woodchip68
24-05-2012, 09:08
After being in Tenerife for the past 5 year I have noticed that finding a good service or tradesman is still very difficult. Yes it's easy to pick up the directory and call one but, how good are they and what experiences have others had?

Tenerife Forum has been a fantastic tool for finding them but I have found that most that recommend are affiliated with the service I need.

On another note, I want to sell or buy something in the classifieds. Again Tenerife Forum has this facility also. But what about the buyer or the seller? How reliable are the? Where is their feedback?

I have also noticed on the forum many asking questions about starting a business, promoting a business and how to make money.

"get to the point woodchip"

Over the past 5 year I have seen so many businesses start and fail and as an owner of an international company with manufacturing and sales operations in 6 countries, it makes my heart grieve to see them come and go so quickly, with the main reason being poor promotion. I don't believe it's poor management as this is something you learn as you go, you are not born with this skill.

With the aid of my IT department, I have developed a FREE platform for such promotion and recommendation.

The site has two sides.

An organised directory for which you can promote your business with pictures, recommend a business and your customers can leave feedback and positive or negative points.

And a catalogued searchable classifieds section where businesses can sell there products locally and to other islands with the PayPal facility and a little help from the post office. For example: a second hand shop can place all of there stock on the classifies in section that pertains to the item. Add photographs, submit and they are no long waiting for customers to ener their shop to make a sale.

Private individuals can sell their unwanted items, request wanted items and even make a business out of it for free.

I am not making, nor do I need to make any money from this site. Its just my way of helping companies and individuals branch out, make money and get back on their feet.

The site is called Tenerife Traders and it can be found at www.tenerifetraders.co.uk

Happy Trading

9PLUS
24-05-2012, 09:24
Thats great even though with my 16 years of the Tenerife experience and just over 25 within Spain i have found that most people use recommendations you know the type word of mouth to source anykind of tradeperson or in fact any company.

Your site is a great idea but what stops me from plotting against another tradesperson i could be a fake clients telling everyone how bad my competition is.....

What are the safeguards?

Can people add a business that is not theirs?

Would you become liable if untrue stories were published on your site?

woodchip68
24-05-2012, 10:56
Thats great even though with my 16 years of the Tenerife experience and just over 25 within Spain i have found that most people use recommendations you know the type word of mouth to source anykind of tradeperson or in fact any company.

Your site is a great idea but what stops me from plotting against another tradesperson i could be a fake clients telling everyone how bad my competition is.....

What are the safeguards?

Please read the trading terms at http://tenerifetraders.co.uk/buysell/rules.php?rules_id=1

We have now addressed the issues 9PLUS raised. Thanks 9PLUS

All negative comments are now monitored and addressed. New users cannot leave negative comments.

A registered user can add a business full stop. However, if it is disputed by the rightful owner of the business that it is not their post, then the advert will be removed and the poster will be banned.

Tenerife Traders itself disclaims any liability for untrue stories told. However, any reported untrue stories will be remove from public view.

The feedback rule is:

Positive points are the prefered action. In general the rule is "If you have nothing good to say, say nothing".

Comments of a negative nature that are unwarranted, unnecessary and disputed will be removed from public view.

Note: Newly registered users cannot leave negative feedback.

I hope this helps

9PLUS
24-05-2012, 18:31
wow i'm glad i was able to take an indirect part in your website albeit a small one.

They were just a few of the things i was gonna say this morning.

I think it would be correct to disable all comments until you have viewed them.

Taking that into account if it's a non profit set up you could well be doing a lot of work...

Pardon me if i'm mistaken but anything on your site the "owner" of would be liable for if untrue "even" if you did have disclaimers in place.

I guess the correct thing to do would be to seek legal advice before you air it so i doesn't sound as though i'm teaching you to suck eggs.

The last thing i would want is for you to come undone.

Good luck however

x

woodchip68
24-05-2012, 19:21
Thanks for your comments
We have sort legal advise with our solicitors in the UK and Madrid and everything is above board and legal.
Yes you are correct as to the liablity, but this is only if the owner fails to react or ignors the situation.
Thanks for your concern.
Regards

tracey_in_tenerife
26-05-2012, 09:57
An organised free ads site in Tenerife is a long time due. There are too many bits and peices of this type of thing, but nothing where it is free, organised and all in one place.

The problem is with all sites like this is that everyone looks at it and says "oooh that a good idea, its about time" but they dont register or use it and as fast as it came it goes away.

Then they say "I wish we had a site that......"

The same goes for Tenerife Forum, if nobody registered and used it, this fantastic source of information would be gone.

So come on guys register and use it. Search for what you want in and organised way instead of scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, scrolling.

woodchip68
29-05-2012, 20:24
25 Tenerife Traders and counting. Get your business posted and your business and personal items sold. It's free and will stay free. The more that join and use it the most benificial it will be for all. The site is drawing around 500 hits per day over a 24 hour period.

AL JAY
29-05-2012, 22:03
Great idea,I am in the UK and have joined, So come on forum members get you're business advertised on here for free or have a browse of the items for sale/wanted etc, Good luck woodchip!