PDA

View Full Version : Injection advice needed in Tenerife

samnickgodber
25-05-2012, 15:40
Hi guy i need your help again,
I need to have injections in the top of my buttocks everyday for the next 6 days,
The problem is, we have to rush back to the UK for a family death, can anyone tell me if i could just take the injections with me and call into boots or a doctors surgery to see the nurse to give them to me,
I donīt have a doctors back there, i donīt have anything back their only family no other ties,

Info apreciated

Tom & Sharon
25-05-2012, 15:47
I need to have injections in the top of my buttocks everyday for the next 6 days,
The problem is, we have to rush back to the UK for a family death, can anyone tell me if i could just take the injections with me and call into boots or a doctors surgery to see the nurse to give them to me,
I donīt have a doctors back there, i donīt have anything back their only family no other ties,

Info apreciated

Are they not preloaded so you can give them yourself?

I had to take mine with me back to the UK, and there was no problem with the aircraft or anything. Tom gave them to me - ouch!

samnickgodber
25-05-2012, 15:49
I donīt know if they are or not, not a problem to mix them or anything i as i used to give injections to my-self for egg donation but i canīt reach around to do them in my bum lol, hubby donīt really want to do it x

Added after 6 minutes:

Could i get the needles and syringes from a pharmacy over here does anyone know,,, stuck indoors at the mo waiting for a phone call x

Suej
25-05-2012, 16:42

Info apreciated

Ooooh! that's a pain in the ar**! sorry! Could you get one of your family in UK to phone their Doctor and ask whether you can just get the injections done there? it would save you the trouble of taking them with you and a UK Doctor might not be happy to give injections if he/she doesn't know what's in them! When are you flying? it's too late to call Karen Whittaker today but you could phone in the morning and ask her what's best!
Sorry to hear your sad news!

samnickgodber
25-05-2012, 16:59
Thanks, Just been to the pharmacy and she has given me the injections and needles so i think my hubby will have to do them for me x

Suej
25-05-2012, 17:08
Thanks, Just been to the pharmacy and she has given me the injections and needles so i think my hubby will have to do them for me x

Does he play Darts?eek2: Good luck hope all goes well!

samnickgodber
25-05-2012, 17:27
Thanks,,, i have a spare syringe, he can practise on an orange first x

nurse ratchet
25-05-2012, 17:43
I hope your butt doesn't look like an orange, if it does that's what you REALLY call cellulite.

samnickgodber
25-05-2012, 18:28
I hope your butt doesn't look like an orange, if it does that's what you REALLY call cellulite.

Nah not quite lol,,, it might be black n blue after heīs finished lol x

warbey
25-05-2012, 18:32
Dont forget to keep them in Hand Luggage to avoid temperature extremes.

Pack them in a clear plastic Bag with preferably a Prescription to confirm

its Medicine for You.

I carry a Doctors note confirming I need injections, i/e needles.

samnickgodber
25-05-2012, 19:26
Dont forget to keep them in Hand Luggage to avoid temperature extremes.

Pack them in a clear plastic Bag with preferably a Prescription to confirm

its Medicine for You.

I carry a Doctors note confirming I need injections, i/e needles.

I have my prescription as proof,, should i put the needles and syringes in the hold and just the vials in my hand luggage?

karinagal
25-05-2012, 20:41
I have my prescription as proof,, should i put the needles and syringes in the hold and just the vials in my hand luggage?

That sounds like the best option..

The undisputed queen of de-nial

cainaries
25-05-2012, 20:47
TBH I wouldn't put anything in the hold in case your luggage goes AWOL. Hope you feel better soon. Have you taken a rubber ring to sit on?:D;)

dede
25-05-2012, 20:48
I should imagine the needles will have to go in the hold as your not allowed any sharps on the plane. Best phone the airline to check .

warbey
25-05-2012, 20:58

Your choice.

Cases can go missing. Hand Luggage shouldnt. Thats why I said Cabin Luggage.

cainaries
25-05-2012, 21:01
Your choice.

Cases can go missing. Hand Luggage shouldnt. Thats why I said Cabin Luggage.

Warbey do you happen to know if you are allowed to take the needles in your hand luggage if you have a prescription? If not it would mean people needing to carry that kind of medication on a low-cost airline would be forced to check in a bag and pay the extra cost. (On the other hand, no, I don't want someone to stick a needle of poison into the captain of the flight). Tricky.

samnickgodber
25-05-2012, 22:18
I will contact the airline and ask them, when we know when we have to leave,, i will also mention it to the person on the counter when i check a case in a to whats the best to do x

pollye
31-05-2012, 10:19
Just for future reference, deep intramuscular injections usually given in the buttocks can also be given in the thigh. Upper 3rd of the top part of your leg and the outer quadrant (side). basically where the muscle is most pronounced. Means you can do it yourself......................if you're brave enough................which I'm not! :scared:

warbey
31-05-2012, 20:47
I always carry Needles in My Hand Luggage, but these are only 8mm ones.

I have heard that sometimes they must be given to the Cabin Crew and returned to the Passenger after Landing..

Good to see You Pollye....been a long time......

nigelmercier
03-06-2012, 11:31
I need to have injections in the top of my buttocks ... hubby donīt really want to do it x

Are you looking for volunteers? :D

Why does this conjure up the "Snake Bite" scene in the Woody Allen film "Bananas" (http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CEYQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DoXD jfJ5imD4&ei=tDzLT_atAsiz8QP6zOnhDw&usg=AFQjCNHW_qBqHU9xIDr7zBI4IdSVW-f6WA&sig2=1xt3GoXTYZoSUdWnMkAXXA)

BTW, you can self inject by feel alone; many people close their eyes anyway!

Hope all goes well in the UK, not a good reason to have to visit.