PDA

View Full Version : Video games news

henry
13-06-2011, 19:53
i thought i let everyone know what going on in the video game world and news.

like today.

Nintendo, for the majority of this console generation, has been content to play its own game. Now it's ready to take the fight to Microsoft and Sony.

The company on Tuesday unveiled its next generation home video game machine -- dubbed Wii U -- that will be flush with the high-definition graphics gamers have come to expect, as well as a unique, touch-screen controller. It's scheduled to launch in 2012.

Like the Wii, the Wii U (which, despite the name, is not an institute of higher learning) revolves around and innovative controller. Equipped with a 6.2-inch LCD touch-screen, a camera, a microphone and an accelerometer, the controller acts as a sort of fusion of a gamepad, tablet PC and a handheld gaming system.

The system will allow players to transfer games from their TV to the controller seamlessly, something that will be handy for families with a single TV. In other words, Johnny won't need to turn off his Super Mario Bros. outing so that dad can watch the Cowboys game.

Nintendo also ran video demos showing off some of the ways in which the controller will interact with the console. Players will be able to ‘sling' elements from the controller to the TV, such as using the touch screen to throw shurikens at targets on their HD set.

Users will also be able to use it as a digital sketch pad, to have video chats and to surf the web.

Wii U's tablet-esque controller
Nintendo Nintendo showed several demos for the system and said it had a version of its hit Super Smash Bros. in the works. The system's high definition capabilities put it on par with both the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 -- and that seems to have won over developers, who have been slowly moving away from the Wii as sales of that system have faltered.

Among the publishers who have pledged support are Electronic Arts, THQ and Sega, who plan to bring games like Darksiders 2, Aliens: Colonial Marines and Assassin's Creed to the system.

The Wii was accused to being so focused on attracting a new type of player that the core gamer, who traditionally has made up the bulk of Nintendo's loyalist customer base, was left out. Nintendo made it very clear that it hopes to win that audience back with Wii U, but doesn't plan to abandon the masses who made the Wii so successful.

"Some hardware is seen as only appropriate for the most passionate players," said Satoru Iwara, global president of Nintendo. "Others, like Wii, they say, seem to attract a large number of casual gamers. As an industry, what we haven't achieved yet is a game platform that is equally satisfying for all players. This is exactly what we intend to create with our new platform."

While the Wii U was the company's primary focus at the event, it did announce several titles for the 3DS that should help the handheld system, which has seen sales stumble since its launch, regain ground. Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, a new Star Fox title and a game starring Nintendo icon Kid Icarus are all scheduled to hit stores this year.

And the 25th anniversary of its indomitable Legend of Zelda franchise hardly went unnoticed. Effective immediately, 3DS owners are able to download The Legend of Zenda: Link's Awakening for free in the newly-launched eShop. Next week, the 3DS exclusive remake of the classic Ocarina of Time hits stores, and by the end of the year, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword will be out for the Wii.

In September, DSi owners will be able to freely download the four-player co-op game The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures. Before the end of the year, Nintendo plans to host a series of global symphony performances dedicated solely to the music of Zelda.

henry
14-06-2011, 20:51
Sony's ultra high-tech successor to the Playstation Portable? Talk about aggressive.

Despite the PSP's perceived failings, Sony's obviously not prepared to concede defeat in the portable market just yet. Quite the opposite, if anything: it's painting a big bullseye over the Nintendo 3DS -- which, underperforming in sales and with hardware fundamentals fully seven years old, suddenly seems like an easy target.

Beyond its name and price, few other substantive Vita announcements have appeared, though its hardware specs have been common knowledge since January. Still, we have a much better idea as to what it'll be like to actually own one of the sleek portables -- and especially how it'll interact with our PS3s. Vita owners will be able to transfer game saves to and from their Playstations, picking up games at the point where they left off; they can play online against other gamers equipped with either system in titles like Wipeout; and creative-focused titles like ModNation Racers will be able to swap custom content between the two platforms.

However, the Vita still has plenty of obstacles in its way. Sony's decision to use AT&T's much-criticized telecommunications network for the 3G-equipped model earned them a rare chorus of boos at their press conference, and it's still unclear exactly which games Vita buyers can expect to be playing at launch.

All the same, that price point has to be considered a major coup for Sony. We suspect there's going to be an awful lot of demand for the Vita this holiday season -- and we hope Sony's up to meeting it.

Capitalizing on its experience in the broader electronics market, Sony will also be launching a purpose-built 24" television intended to give gamers an affordable leg-up into the 3D world. Bundled with one pair of glasses, an HDMI cable and a copy of Resistance 3, it'll cost just $499--- another aggressive price point, and another product that looks to be well placed for serious commercial success later this year. After unveiling a line-up like that, Sony's much-publicized security meltdown seems like a distant memory.

henry
16-06-2011, 19:31
Duke Nukem Forever the video game is...............rubbish!!!

alot and i mean alot of critices incluned by shelf giving this game 14 years in the making . could say a lot about this game, but it would mostly consist of pointing out what’s wrong with the game. The game is ultimately a first person shooter (and a pretty rough, tedious, linear) that features Duke Nukem. There’s some lip service paid to nostalgia and the heritage of Duke, but it’s clumsily handled and quickly gets on your nerves.

I could say more. A lot more, but it’s all just so depressing. There are a few gems within the game, but almost all of the good stuff is buried under tons of tedium, scripted events and cut-scenes. The graphics are indicative of a game that’s been in development for twelve years, and while I didn’t expect the graphics to awesome, I expected them to be better. The game is hobbled by being a console game shoehorned onto a PC. The map is horribly linear offering little or no replay value (and it’s not like there’s much there in the beginning). You’re only allowed two weapons. And yeah, it’s also pretty offensive, which was to be expected I guess, but the problem here isn’t that it’s offensive, it’s the combination of unfunny and offensive that’s the problem.

But maybe the worst criticism of all I have of Duke Nukem Forever is that it’s a first-person SHOOTER game where you spend most of your time doing EVERYTHING BUT shoot at things.

I’m not sure who’s to blame for this mess - 3D Realms, Tryptich Games, Gearbox, or just everyone involved. I don’t even know if there’s any point in having an autopsy. Maybe it’s just a case of too many people being involved and too much time having elapsed since the last game. The Duke is dead on the slab and while the game hints at a sequel at the end, I really don’t see that happening.

Bottom line - The game sucks. It is total and utter garbage. Don’t waste your money on this horrible mess of a game. If you must have it for the nostalgia, at the very least wait until you can pick it up from the bargain bucket (which I expect it to be in pretty soon). I’d suggest spending no more than 5 euros on this piece of junk.

so don´t waste your 60 euros on this junk game i whould wait until it down down to 5 euros.because you just going to throw your 60 euros and flash it down the toliet...

henry
22-07-2011, 22:02
just want to know if any members want any info of video games on what coming what´s going on in the gaming world. just let me know on this thread and i do my best even if it o.k. i will post coming soon games video if it o.k. to the forum on that. just reply on this thread and i do my best on what´s going on in the gaming world.