PDA

View Full Version : Is 50% resident's discount still available on flights from Tenerife to the mainland?

nurse ratchet
26-05-2012, 15:14
I've checked on the Binter Airways website and have been able to confirm that a 50% resident's discount is still available on inter island routes e.g. Tenerife to Lanzarote.

However on trying to make a booking on the Ryanair website between Tenerife and Valencia although there is a box to "tick" to indicate if you are a resident when prices are shown there is no difference between a resident or a non resident fare.

Have just checked on the Iberia and Vueling sites and they both show that Resident's discount is available.

Is Mr O'Leary up to his tricks again or has the resident discount been discontinued due to the "crisis"?

Can someone please confirm whether or not a resident's discount is no longer available when flying to the mainland.

doncarlos
26-05-2012, 16:21
Yes they do apply these discounts. I checked www.ryanair.es a couple of weeks ago and was asked if I was a resident of the Islas Canarias. They also apply the discount for familias numerosas.

See this:

http://www.ryanair.com/es/preguntas/que-es-un-descuento-de-residente-espanol

nurse ratchet
26-05-2012, 16:48
Yes they do apply these discounts. I checked www.ryanair.es a couple of weeks ago and was asked if I was a resident of the Islas Canarias. They also apply the discount for familias numerosas.

See this:

http://www.ryanair.com/es/preguntas/que-es-un-descuento-de-residente-espanol

Yea that's what the website says but try making a reservation and no discount is applied, well I can't make it work, perhaps you can @doncarlos

poker
26-05-2012, 22:36
I just bookt on friday with resident discount no problem ( Ryanair)
leave the first letter of youre nie out and replace it with a 0 .

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

nurse ratchet
27-05-2012, 00:59
I just bookt on friday with resident discount no problem ( Ryanair)
leave the first letter of youre nie out and replace it with a 0 .

Which route did you book i.e. Tenerife (north or south) to where?

I have no problem with booking it's just that it will not apply a discount??????????????????

poker
27-05-2012, 08:41
TFS-VLC

nurse ratchet
27-05-2012, 16:29
I'm not suggesting you've got it wrong @poker but a friend and I, have logged onto the Ryanair site, from two completely different locations , and made bookings (up to the time to pay section). In both cases we have checked the box saying we are residents (and familias numerosas) but in spite of this Ryanair are only giving 5% discount. Maybe the rules have changed since @poker made the booking on Friday but Binter Airways(inter island), Iberia and Air Europa are still showing 50% residents discount on their sites.

Does anyone on here know what the truth is behind all this.

slodgedad
27-05-2012, 16:34
I have always been under the impression that residents' discounts were only available from Binter, maybe wrong, usually am..:)

poker
27-05-2012, 18:05
Don't know what you do wrong but we get the residents 50 % . And its more than 5% on the total .

garlicbread
29-05-2012, 20:00
The problem is solved, well partly.

I was at the south airport today and spoke with a representative of both Air Europa and Ryanair.

The Air Europa representative confirmed that the 50% discount on fares to and from the peninsular is still available.

I then spoke with a representative of Ryanair to explain that the 50% residents discount was not available via their website. She was helpful , to a point, in that she said she knew there was a problem on the website but she could not say when/if it would be solved in the immediate future. The problem has only existed for "about a week" in her words, hence the reason @poker was able to make a booking with discount last week, can't do it now though!