PDA

View Full Version : Other Does the hotel Hacienda Del Sol have a high numbers of thefts?

Dem
26-05-2012, 15:22
Hey guys

It about two weeks until I fly to Tenerife and I had a quick look on trip advisor about this hotel. I looked into it before and it seemed fine however recently there have been a few reviews about theft from hotel rooms

Do you know if this is a common thing or just a few instances. Also

9PLUS
26-05-2012, 15:28
Just a few instances

Dem
26-05-2012, 18:35
Just a few instances

Cheers. Was kinda concerned that I may get back from a night out and find out I have no money as it's been robbed. :)

9PLUS
26-05-2012, 19:03
Money in safe

rest in bank

simple

cheers

x

ally9997
26-05-2012, 19:20
unfortunately where ever you holiday you must have to use your common sense and use safety deposit boxes and never ever leave
money or your passport in the hotel rooms, and lock your balcony door at all times, so many illegal people here on the island waiting for an opportunity!!!!

ally :spin:

Dem
26-05-2012, 19:51
Cheers both. I read reviews that said their safe was opened.

blondie
26-05-2012, 20:48
Cheers both. I read reviews that said their safe was opened.

These thefts are a nightly occurence in this property, dont listen to anyone who tells you different. Not only are they taking anything lying around , the safe is emptied for you as well, dont think a key will stop them. Please read the Trip Advisor reviews from way back, you will see what I mean andthe younger you are they obviously think the drunker you are, the better target you will be.

Dem
26-05-2012, 21:18
These thefts are a nightly occurence in this property, dont listen to anyone who tells you different. Not only are they taking anything lying around , the safe is emptied for you as well, dont think a key will stop them. Please read the Trip Advisor reviews from way back, you will see what I mean andthe younger you are they obviously think the drunker you are, the better target you will be.

Do you mean that this happens when the young are out of their face and passed out they go through open doors and steal? How would they get into the safe?
Cheers by the way

blondie
27-05-2012, 11:42
Use your common sense , they are all inside jobs!!Never anything for the police to detect, no broken windows, doors etc.

Dem
27-05-2012, 18:46
Use your common sense , they are all inside jobs!!Never anything for the police to detect, no broken windows, doors etc.

Ok. Cheers. Hope we don't get robbed when we are out there. Lol

MummyJ
27-05-2012, 20:06
hope u dont get robbed but as everyone says alot are inside jobs

irish25
27-05-2012, 20:42
I was robbed here 4 years ago,was staying there with my partner and son,took everything in room it happened at about 7pm at night,missed the person by 5 seconds,went through adjoining door in room I heard the door bang and my side was open my partner ran to reception demanded to open door,man refused was no help at all when we went back into our room the door that was open was now closed??????reciption refused to call police and was VERY rude!!!!!of everything that was taken I was SO upset about my laptop had all my. Sons first videos on it and all my photos.still makes me so angry every time I walk past there!my laptop was charging at the time,they actually pluged it out and left the charger!!!!I know it was the people who work there!!

Dem
27-05-2012, 23:59
Have the police not done anything or even the owner? Would it be best to hide everything??

Also, it may be a stupid question. Is there a place where you could hire out a lockup or something. Somewhere to store the passports to ensure they stay safe

TenerifeTeddy
28-05-2012, 11:30
If what is being said about this place is true, that is dreadful. :nono: Most hotels are not like that.

Hotels generally post a disclaimer that says they are not responsible for anything not held in the hotel safe. So I would suggest giving the hotel reception a sealed envelope with your passports in, and asking them to store them in the hotel safe for the duration fo your stay. Though you are supposed to carry identification around with you, so at least carry photocopies.

Dem
28-05-2012, 16:43
If what is being said about this place is true, that is dreadful. :nono: Most hotels are not like that.

Hotels generally post a disclaimer that says they are not responsible for anything not held in the hotel safe. So I would suggest giving the hotel reception a sealed envelope with your passports in, and asking them to store them in the hotel safe for the duration fo your stay. Though you are supposed to carry identification around with you, so at least carry photocopies.

Cheers, the only thing is that if it is a "Inside Job", there wouldn't be anything stopping that person from stealing the passports then.

Regards,

9PLUS
28-05-2012, 16:54
I wonder if the Police know its an inside job or is it just forum knowledge?

Dem
28-05-2012, 17:08
I wonder if the Police know its an inside job or is it just forum knowledge?

From reading various review websites, the hotel seems reluctant to call the police and also some of the crimes show no forced entry with the master code for the SDB being used.

Leam_Lin
28-05-2012, 18:00
I think I would be looking to stay elsewhere.

tonym
28-05-2012, 18:07
whatever happened to all the complaint forms ?

AL JAY
28-05-2012, 18:11
I can't honestly understand why you booked there in the first place,Is it your first visit to Tenerife? I have just read some of the reviews on T/A and Holiday watchdog it sounds horrendous ! If there are a few of you coming you would be better off booking an apartment!

warbey
28-05-2012, 19:36
Looks like a buisiness opportunity for some enterprising soul nearby

to offer some version of safety deposit facilities.

TenerifeTeddy
28-05-2012, 22:31
Cheers, the only thing is that if it is a "Inside Job", there wouldn't be anything stopping that person from stealing the passports then.

Regards,

Except that you are passing acknowledged responsibility to them. No way they can pass the buck, if it goes missing then.

Dem
29-05-2012, 08:52
I can't honestly understand why you booked there in the first place,Is it your first visit to Tenerife? I have just read some of the reviews on T/A and Holiday watchdog it sounds horrendous ! If there are a few of you coming you would be better off booking an apartment!

Hi,

Yeah it is. When we booked it, the first couple of pages were ok.
There is only two of us going.

lisar7238
05-07-2012, 21:17
All the bad reports are true and now tragedy has stuck. Please do not stay there it is not worth the risk.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1582426_stag-party-mystery-as-stockport-electrician-lee-mairs-24-is-found-dead-in-tenerife

christa
05-07-2012, 22:08
All the bad reports are true and now tragedy has stuck. Please do not stay there it is not worth the risk.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1582426_stag-party-mystery-as-stockport-electrician-lee-mairs-24-is-found-dead-in-tenerife

I agree with this post. Is it really worth the risk??

slodgedad
05-07-2012, 22:23
MORE HERE (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?17849-Another-tragedy-in-Tenerife-Man-dies-in-suspicious-circumstances-in-Las-Americas)......

penelope pitstop
06-07-2012, 19:16
Have the police not done anything or even the owner? Would it be best to hide everything??

Also, it may be a stupid question. Is there a place where you could hire out a lockup or something. Somewhere to store the passports to ensure they stay safe

If I were u I would change the booking & stay someone else since a young Brit was found dead there last week. He was on holiday on a 'stag trip' with friends.

Avoid this place like the plague, it sounds horrendous & should be closed down immediately!