PDA

View Full Version : Other The Guardia Civil ignoring the Royal Navy in Gibraltar

doncarlos
26-05-2012, 16:48
Did anyone see the stand-off between the Guardia Civil and the Royal Navy last Thursday on TVE1?

For those of you that missed it - here's part of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgdWx97qXpU

junglejim
26-05-2012, 17:51
Did anyone see the stand-off between the Guardia Civil and the Royal Navy last Thursday on TVE1?

For those of you that missed it - here's part of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgdWx97qXpU
Didn't see it but the Royal Navy should have blasted them out of the water - the fishing boats could have been terrorists ! Like to see a similiar fiasco in Melilla or Cueta !
I notice the Spanish Queen refused to attend the Queen´s official Jubilee dinner party last week for heads of state - I wonder if they´ll be so reticent when handing out the begging bowl shortly when the banks start to go under, followed by the country - do they expect UK to contribute?

lapalma
26-05-2012, 18:12
Our guns were bigger than the Spanish,But Spain is now wanting the Falkland Islands as well as Gib back as they say its their property !

doncarlos
26-05-2012, 18:52
But doesn’t it worry either of you that this has the potential to turn sour? Guns cannot possibly be the solution to this problem.

golf birdie
26-05-2012, 19:16
sounds fishy.

LeFrunk
26-05-2012, 19:29
Didn't see it but the Royal Navy should have blasted them out of the water - the fishing boats could have been terrorists ! Like to see a similiar fiasco in Melilla or Cueta !
I notice the Spanish Queen refused to attend the Queen´s official Jubilee dinner party last week for heads of state - I wonder if they´ll be so reticent when handing out the begging bowl shortly when the banks start to go under, followed by the country - do they expect UK to contribute?

A bit extreme , sure while they are blasting them out of the water why dont they send a nuke to Madrid to cap it all off . Wise up .

lapalma
26-05-2012, 19:59
But doesn’t it worry either of you that this has the potential to turn sour? Guns cannot possibly be the solution to this problem.

Granted you may be right,but why do the Spanish police and Civil Gaurd go around with guns in full view of holidaymakers ? As you said guns are not the solution but in todays unsettled world anything can happen,sorry if I disturbed you in any way.

timmylish
27-05-2012, 01:02
Granted you may be right,but why do the Spanish police and Civil Gaurd go around with guns in full view of holidaymakers ? As you said guns are not the solution but in todays unsettled world anything can happen,sorry if I disturbed you in any way.

But lapalma its no different to any other country having been a former military junta type of Government. Most of us who visited any part of Spain, more than 30 years ago, were never put off coming here by the attentions of the said Guardia Civil!

junglejim
27-05-2012, 15:42
A bit extreme , sure while they are blasting them out of the water why dont they send a nuke to Madrid to cap it all off . Wise up .
Don´t need the Nuke , they´re doing a fine job by themselves-
'Never interfere with an enemy while he's in the process of destroying himself.'-Napoleon

p.s. Spain doesn´t want the Malvinas - Argentina does !
Just as Morocco wants Cueta and Melilla back!

lapalma
27-05-2012, 22:42
My apolgies jj I did not think of putting down Argentina rather than Spain,so sorry.