PDA

View Full Version : Chris (Sunspot) very sad news.

Ecky Thump
29-05-2012, 08:27
Today I received some very sad news.

Chris has just contacted me to tell me that John passed away on this Monday 28th May.

Chris for many reasons sees Johns death as a merciful release from his suffering.

John is to be cremated on Thursday 31st May at approximately 1.30pm.

Chris has said that if any of her and Johns good friends wish to contact her, then please do.

I am sure that Chris will be in all our thoughts and prayers.

R.I.P John a friend who will be greatly missed.

Carol and Eric

Megaloo
29-05-2012, 09:00
I do not know Chris but my thoughts and Prayers go out to her at this sad time. RIP John

Skeggy
29-05-2012, 09:03
Keep your chin up Chris, thinking of you at this sad time.......xx

Carol55
29-05-2012, 09:04
Chris,

I wish that I could be with you at this very sad time.
I am sure that your loving memories of john will never fade, John will be missed by all that have had the great privilege of knowing him and sharing time with him.

A good friend who will be missed. Carol

Malteser Monkey
29-05-2012, 09:11
Very Sad news my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Leam_Lin
29-05-2012, 09:21
Very sad news, thinking of you & your family.

Pets@Home
29-05-2012, 09:40
Very sad thoughts go out to you ..........

samnickgodber
29-05-2012, 09:44
Thoughts go out to everyone who knew him,, very sad x

Suej
29-05-2012, 10:20
The news that was dreaded has finally arrived...It is so hard to absorb! I send my sincere condolences to Chris and the Family. RIP John your pain is over now you will live on in the hearts of those that love you. God Bless!

YOUNG GOLFER
29-05-2012, 11:02
So sorry to hear the bad news......my thoughts go out to you Chris. x

AL JAY
29-05-2012, 11:12
Sincere condolences to you and your family Chris! R.I.P John,it was a pleasure to have met you!

Blondeshrimp
29-05-2012, 11:20
Such sad news, thinking of you and your family....

cainaries
29-05-2012, 13:32
How very very sad. Condolences to Chris and their family and friends. We'll be thinking of you.

dede
29-05-2012, 13:40
So very very sorry to hear this sad news. RIP john.

tizzywizzy
29-05-2012, 16:48
So sorry to hear this news. Condolences to you and your family. John will have given you lots of memories to help you in the coming days. He is painfree now. Take care, Tricia

marbro8
29-05-2012, 17:28
so sorry cris, thinking of you even though we are many miles away,john would know how much he was loved by close friends and family and especially the love you both shared right to the end, god bless xx

TenerifeTeddy
29-05-2012, 17:44
So sorry to hear the sad news about John. Our sincere condolences Chris, and if there is anything we can do to help, please just let us know.
Jean & Steph x

Harmonicaman
29-05-2012, 17:45
So sorry to hear of your loss Chris. My thoughts are with you.

TenerifeFanatic
29-05-2012, 19:13
Sad to hear your news Chris! Holding you close in my thoughts and prayers.

warbey
29-05-2012, 19:32
I have been thinking of You Both most days.

My sincere condolences Chris at this time.

Here if I can be of help.
M.

Goforgold
29-05-2012, 19:39
Thinking of you and your family Chris x

Sal
29-05-2012, 20:11
Our thoughts are with you Chris. John was a great guy and will be sorely missed. x

karinagal
29-05-2012, 20:54
No-one can take away the pain of a loved ones passing. We can only offer our sincerest condolences and continue to send our love and our prayers to you and your family. Remembering the love and companionship shared, keeps our loved ones in our hearts and our thoughts always.

Karina

The undisputed queen of de-nial

Medman
29-05-2012, 21:15
I didn't know John and only knew Chris through exchanging posts with her on the forum. I could tell from our exchanges that she was as described by people who met her .. a lovely person. She may no longer have John but she will never be alone. Hard to type this without a tear in my eye. RIP John. Thinking of you Chris. x

Santiago
29-05-2012, 21:29
As everyone else has said, this is a truly sad time for you Chris, and I am sure that all the messages of love and support from all of the forum members posted here will help you through the days and nights to come. My thoughts are with you!

Loaded
29-05-2012, 21:49
R.I.P. John

imablue
29-05-2012, 21:53
sorry to hear the sad news...
I,m sure you will have many memories of your times together... R.I.P. John...

timmylish
29-05-2012, 22:52
Like others have said although we have not known John, or indeed Chris, I would also like to offer my condolences and wish Chris well.
R.I.P. John.

ruffus
29-05-2012, 23:04
Sorry to hear of this, I remember John from the market, met him a few times, lovely man. R.I.P John xx

Colleen
30-05-2012, 00:03
So sorry to hear this news. Chris, thinking of you and the family. John, was one of life's good guys. RIP Big Man, sleep well. xxx

seanocelt
30-05-2012, 00:34
Nicest folks, prayers offered for big fella, R.I.P. Sean and Imelda.

john01
30-05-2012, 08:04
My heartfelt sympathy on the loss of your husband john take care of yourself chris

slodgedad
30-05-2012, 11:24
One of life's good guys. Will be sorely missed, not just by us but many others.

Our heartfelt condolences, Chris.

Alan, Carol and Charlotte..

pollye
31-05-2012, 10:09
Hi Chris,
I came on here to offer my sincere condolences on the loss of your husband. I had no idea he had been ill and that you had been going through all this. Andy told me last night.
You're a lovely lady and don't deserve this but I'm sure that you will get a lot of the support and strength you need from friends and loved ones.
I will be thinking of you today and hope that the relief you must feel, at the fact he is no longer in pain, will help you get through the day.
Once again so sorry to hear this. Thinking of you.
Love
Pol X

slodgedad
31-05-2012, 19:23
Just got back from the Funeral.

Chatted to Chris and she was more than happy how it was conducted.

"Just what John would have wanted" were her words to me.

She was overwhelmed by the support and offers of help from you guys, especially those who didn't actually know them in person.

She asked me to thank everyone on her behalf and as soon as she feels up to it she will be on to thank you all herself.

BTW. If you are in Cristianos, Chris, family and friends are celebrating John's life in Jade's Bar, opposite the Cristianos market all night

Malteser Monkey
31-05-2012, 19:42
Don't know what to say - (for once) just a prayer xx

warbey
31-05-2012, 20:20
Don't know what to say - (for once) just a prayer xx

and one from Me, for a brave Lady.

Suej
31-05-2012, 21:12
Just got back from the Funeral.

Chatted to Chris and she was more than happy how it was conducted.

"Just what John would have wanted" were her words to me.

She was overwhelmed by the support and offers of help from you guys, especially those who didn't actually know them in person.

She asked me to thank everyone on her behalf and as soon as she feels up to it she will be on to thank you all herself.

BTW. If you are in Cristianos, Chris, family and friends are celebrating John's life in Jade's Bar, opposite the Cristianos market all night

Awww Slodge that is such a relief to hear that everything went so well for John! So So hard for poor Chris! I was in LC at that time but unfortunately have only just seen this post on arriving home now! I would so liked to have popped in to give Chris my condolences and a big hug!. X

cinnamon
31-05-2012, 21:13
so sorry to hear that. my thoughts go out to chris and her family x

lesbroz
31-05-2012, 21:25
I've not been on the forum for a few weeks and I was sad to see that this was the first post I saw. I am sad for Chris' loss but know that as John is no longing suffering it is a blessing. I am sure there will be a big turn out for a celebration of John's life tonight. My thoughts are with you, Chris. X

sunspot
02-06-2012, 02:21
Thankyou all so very much for all your kind words they have been a great comfort to me.
I have come on here today to let you all know that there is a jubilee day in Jades bar in Los cristianos where all money raised will go to the Pallitive care unit in Ofra,Johns wish was for me to arrange a fundraising day for the staff of Ofra where the care,love,compassion and devotion was amazing,we were both taken under thier wing and given such love and thoughfullness that i for one will never forget them.The pallitive care unit has all the equipment for the care of the patients but the staff themselves have not, a very tired rest room where they made us tea at night, the fans in the rooms are so old and they bring in thier own radios for the patients as well as home made cakes for everyone,i could go on but the hour is late,please try to come along even if its for a short time or to give to this deserving cause,its starts at 2pm Saturday the 2nd and its going to be a fun filled day.
Once again thankyou guys, you are amazing xxxx chris

Goforgold
02-06-2012, 06:43
You are in our thoughts Chris xx

I would like to make a donation in John's memory is there any way I can do this from the UK?

marbro8
02-06-2012, 11:09
You are in our thoughts Chris xx

I would like to make a donation in John's memory is there any way I can do this from the UK?hi gfg there is a way of doing it through pay pal because i did it last year for that couple that yong golfer was helping out and they had a fund raiser at shakespears bar, if someone can post the details i would like to make one as well

Goforgold
02-06-2012, 11:59
hi gfg there is a way of doing it through pay pal because i did it last year for that couple that yong golfer was helping out and they had a fund raiser at shakespears bar, if someone can post the details i would like to make one as well

I donate via PayPal - as you say we just need someone to post the details.

AL JAY
02-06-2012, 12:58
I wish i could be there today,I would also like to make a donation! You're very much in our thoughts Chris xxx

Suej
03-06-2012, 10:05
Just seen Chris's post! I hope lots of money was raised for Ofra yesterday! I would also like to donate so information on how I can do this would be appreciated!

Huge hug for you Chris! XXX

Santiago
03-06-2012, 15:38
This is a super idea so please count me in! I sent money to my niece in Australia by Paypal recently and there was no charge. I just needed her mobile number, or email address, and filled in the form there it was - gone! So is there somewhere out there we can send it?

lesbroz
03-06-2012, 15:40
This is a super idea so please count me in! I sent money to my niece in Australia by Paypal recently and there was no charge. I just needed her mobile number, or email address, and filled in the form there it was - gone! So is there somewher out there we can send it?

Yes, this is a great idea. Please count me in. Just need to know how to do this - someone?

sunspot
04-06-2012, 09:43
Thankyou to everyone who supported the saturdays event,it went well but we still need some more to make a difference to these wonderful people.I have set up a paypal account which will be activated shortly for anyone wishing to donate and i will put details on once activated,the collecting will carry on until the end of june, we will then visit OFRA once again to ask them what items will make the most difference to them,we will then purchase what we can because i dont think handing over cash is the best thing to do.Thankyou to all of you who are willing to help Johns wish to come true xx chris

Ecky Thump
04-06-2012, 09:49
I have just spoken to Chris on the telephone and she is sounding very positive about her future in Tenerife and really appreciates all the kind messages that she has received from you all, a special thanks to Slodge, his wife Carol and Andy from the forum who were at John's funeral.
Chris is in the process of setting up a fund up for the hospital where John received so much loving care and will put the details on this forum when a Paypal facility has been set up for any one who would like to make a donation.
On a personal note we are seeing Chris in a couple of weeks time and we are going out for a meal with her to John's favorite restaurant (Pimms) in Los Christianos and I shall make sure that we follow John's wishes that she has no more than three bottles of wine!!:)

Added after 2 minutes:

Thankyou to everyone who supported the saturdays event,it went well but we still need some more to make a difference to these wonderful people.I have set up a paypal account which will be activated shortly for anyone wishing to donate and i will put details on once activated,the collecting will carry on until the end of june, we will then visit OFRA once again to ask them what items will make the most difference to them,we will then purchase what we can because i dont think handing over cash is the best thing to do.Thankyou to all of you who are willing to help Johns wish to come true xx chris

Chris.....you beat me to it, I can't type as fast as you!!:)

West mids tyke
04-06-2012, 11:37
they always take the good ones, didnt know either of you apart from the posts on the forum, hope you find peace now the pain as gone RIP

Suej
04-06-2012, 12:15
I am so pleased that the event at Jade's was successful! It was just a bit short notice for me I didn't see the thread until the next day :( anyway looks like quite a few are ready and waiting for the Paypal account to be activated and hopefully Chris will be able to get some extra much needed goodies for these wonderful people at Ofra!

sunspot
05-06-2012, 17:43
The collecting is going well and i know that we are going to make a big difference to the lovely staff at Ofra,a few new fans,kettles, microwaves and other little things will, i know make a huge difference to them, so if anyone wishes to make a donation via paypal please pm for email address

Ecky Thump
05-06-2012, 22:02
The collecting is going well and i know that we are going to make a big difference to the lovely staff at Ofra,a few new fans,kettles, microwaves and other little things will, i know make a huge difference to them, so if anyone wishes to make a donation via paypal please pm for email address

Lets hope you get plenty of support from the forum membership as I know how much kindness and help that you and John received from the hospital staff.:)

PM sent for link.

sunspot
06-06-2012, 15:33
Thank you so much to everyone who has donated towards this appeal,i am really moved by all the kind words and donations already sent and cant wait to visit OFRA in the next week or two to give these "angels" thier gifts. John would have been so proud of all of you because he kept telling me ,"you must do something" and i am so glad that we have carried out his wishes, thankyou so much

marbro8
06-06-2012, 20:02
hi sunspot i have just pm'd you x

Suej
07-06-2012, 12:36
Bump!

Hope there's plenty more donations on their way for this fantastic cause!

Santiago
07-06-2012, 21:29
This is a very worthy cause, and being carried out by Chris who must be having such a hard time at the moment. Please do donate, it is really easy to do by Paypal and it can make such a difference to these lovely people. :thanx:

Carol55
09-06-2012, 19:02
This is a very worthy cause, and being carried out by Chris who must be having such a hard time at the moment. Please do donate, it is really easy to do by Paypal and it can make such a difference to these lovely people. :thanx:

Yes, indeed a very worthy cause.

Please help, even small amounts build up to make a big difference:thanx:.

marbro8
10-06-2012, 17:59
This is a very worthy cause, and being carried out by Chris who must be having such a hard time at the moment. Please do donate, it is really easy to do by Paypal and it can make such a difference to these lovely people. :thanx: yep took me about 30 seconds so come on guy's any amount will make a difference to the total amount:)

sunspot
10-06-2012, 18:41
Hi everyone, thank you to everyone who have made donations to OFRA i spoke to Gemma a male nurse from the pallitive unit yesterday after receiving a lovely letter of condolences from the unit, he said there is no need to repay any of them for the work they do but after talking to him for a while he will talk to the other members this weekend and i am phoning him tomorrow to get an idea what we can get to make life better for everyone, then we will go up later on this week to purchase the items, i will put the complete total collected on the forum when a few more promised donations have been collected, once again a massive thank you to each and everyone of you, this mission has helped me get through losing the loveliest man i have ever met.....bless you all

YOUNG GOLFER
12-06-2012, 10:41
Hi Sunspot,
You will find a little something behind tonys pub from me and CIM.......... even in this sad time you still find the time to give to others.
That to me sums you up.....a great person. x

marbro8
12-06-2012, 19:10
Hi Sunspot,
You will find a little something behind tonys pub from me and CIM.......... even in this sad time you still find the time to give to others.
That to me sums you up.....a great person. xbump :D
:D:D:D:D

sunspot
13-06-2012, 09:21
Hi everyone and a big thankyou to YG and CIM for the latest donations which at the moment the total for OFRA is €1190 and that an amazing amount which many of you "angels" have contributed to xx, i have spoken again to Gemma and apart from the items i have mentioned befor they would love some Aromatherapy oils to use on the patients, i know they spent alot of time massaging oils on John when they do the bed baths so i know they are into that but yet again they are thinking items for the patients rather than luxurys for themselves,bless them all.
Anyway we have the money to buy them not just bottles of oils but i was thinking more on the lines of cases or boxes with these products in so they can carry these into each room as a pack,so if anyone knows where i can get hold of these packs please let me know, once again all of you thankyou for thinking of others ,its such a good feeling to give xxx chris

Suej
13-06-2012, 13:06
This is great news that the amount has gone in to four figures! Well done to everyone that has contributed to this great cause! A few more euros wouldn't go amiss I'm sure!!! :wink:

tonypub
13-06-2012, 14:49
nice to meet you for the first time chris,im sure it wont be the last.great cause your helpin here:tiphat:

sunspot
13-06-2012, 17:53
nice to meet you for the first time chris,im sure it wont be the last.great cause your helpin here:tiphat:

Thank you tony, really nice to meet you to and thankyou so much for your donation,been in The Pub befor and i must say well done for having such happy bar staff, cant recall her name but she was a darling so next time im not going to be so stingy and buy her a drink

marbro8
13-06-2012, 19:00
what a fantastic amount well done chris for all your hard work john would be so proud of you for fulfilling his wish:c2:xxx

tizzywizzy
13-06-2012, 20:30
That is a brilliant amount raised for them. You have done what John wanted and he would be so proud of you. The Aromatherapy stuff sounds a great thing to get and I am sure everyone enjoys the effects that it gives.

Susief
13-06-2012, 21:26
Chris I'm so sorry to hear about John.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunspot
20-06-2012, 20:43
Just to keep all you lovely people updated on the OFRA collection i have had to order the aromatherapy cases online because i just could not find anything suitable so these are now on order

www.naturallythinking.com/products/ITEC-Aromatherapy-Kit.html

i have another friend picking up some pressure relief cushions which John found extreamly helpful, the coffee machines and other electrical items are going to be brought up in Santa cruz along with the plants, i will keep you all updated as there is still fundraising continuing until the end of the month xxx chris

Santiago
20-06-2012, 21:06
You have done so well, Chris, and I am sure there will be more donations to come in. Don't forget to pass the collection jar around at the Forum party at Bojangles only wait until they are all well inebriated and then say these immortal words, "Open your wallet and say after me, 'Help Yourself!' " It never fails!!:wink2:

sunspot
12-07-2012, 19:05
Just to let everyone know i am still waiting for the aromatherapy cases to be delivered,would have been quicker to fly over and get them but they have been shipped and as soon as they arrive its up to Ofra to give them thier gifts, will keep you all informed ,although its got to be any day now xxx

Santiago
12-07-2012, 21:48
You're doing a superb job, Chris, and I know that John would be so proud of you! Just give us all a shout if you need any more cash, I'm sure we could come up with a Euro or several!!!!!!!!!

sunspot
19-08-2012, 09:26
They long awaited aromatherapy cases have at long last arrived and i will be going up to Ofra this week with all the gifts, i am not looking forward to revisiting but this has got to be done, i will let you all know how it goes and try to get some photos of the day

Santiago
19-08-2012, 23:01
They long awaited aromatherapy cases have at long last arrived and i will be going up to Ofra this week with all the gifts, i am not looking forward to revisiting but this has got to be done, i will let you all know how it goes and try to get some photos of the day

Well done, Sunspot, wish we could all come with you but you will be in our thoughts!

sunspot
22-08-2012, 21:16
Today was the day to return to the pallitive care unit to repay some of the kindness shown to both john and myself, it was very sad to go back there but i have come away with so much warmth in my heart for these people and we were honoured to be able to give the gifts to them, they were so overwelmed with the amount of things we delivered
fans,kettles,coffee machines,microwaves,radios, aromatherapy items,luxury goodies,plenty of tea,coffee and biscuits,plants,bowls for mixing the essential oils and the money left over we gave to replenish the stock when needed, a huge thank you to all of you who donated, believe me it gives you a really good feeling to see thier faces xxx

marbro8
22-08-2012, 21:25
Today was the day to return to the pallitive care unit to repay some of the kindness shown to both john and myself, it was very sad to go back there but i have come away with so much warmth in my heart for these people and we were honoured to be able to give the gifts to them, they were so overwelmed with the amount of things we delivered
fans,kettles,coffee machines,microwaves,radios, aromatherapy items,luxury goodies,plenty of tea,coffee and biscuits,plants,bowls for mixing the essential oils and the money left over we gave to replenish the stock when needed, a huge thank you to all of you who donated, believe me it gives you a really good feeling to see thier faces xxx
36403641bloody hell chris that is a fantastic amount of stuff, well done you are so brave, it's great to know that all the donations where well spent and brought a bit of happiness to the people that spend their lives helping others xxxxxxx

tizzywizzy
23-08-2012, 07:25
That is a fantastic array of goodies. Those items will be so appreciated by those that use them. It will have been very difficult to return there but I am sure the delight on the staff faces will have cheered you up.

Santiago
23-08-2012, 15:42
Golly, you must have needed a low loader to get all that stuff up there! Well done, and well done to all those who contributed cash to help buy all those lovely things. I do hope it wasn't too hard for you to be back there, Chris, but there must have been a good feeling that you have done what John wanted - and very successfully!!