PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a PAYG SIM for my iPad 2 whilst in Tenerife?

booboo37
30-05-2012, 00:47
Hi am coming over to Tenerife Las Americas on the 14 th June, AM bring my Ipad 2 3G sim free over, ANd woud like too know were i could buy a Pay as you go micro sim from, I really need my ipad but just worried i will get ripped off, SO really would appreciate some advice, Thanks

junglejim
30-05-2012, 04:06
I think this question was asked before - I´m sure A1 computer shop upstairs in San Eugenio shopping centre does them.

booboo37
30-05-2012, 07:02
Ok Thanks very much, Can't wait to go now. I would just be lost without my ipad, Am not bringing my phone over with me as am on T mobile and i ave a blackberry andi dont want to be charged a fortune for using my phone. Thanks

Vortex Wake
30-05-2012, 08:19
In regard to your T-mobile contract on your phone , T-mobile do internet boosters for use abroad. £5 gets you 50meg data for 1month. Not alot compared to a specific sim data card deal , but it does allow you to access email/forum/Facebook etc on your phone without othere issues. No good for high data usage ipad / laptop .

When you use up the 50meg data, you will be prompted to add another 50meg booster .

carol & steve
30-05-2012, 23:09
I don't think that the boosters that T-mobile do cover the Canaries though. :(

Vortex Wake
31-05-2012, 06:50
I don't think that the boosters that T-mobile do cover the Canaries though. :(

I use them whenever I am in Tenerife .

booboo37
31-05-2012, 08:25
I only want to take my ipad too catch up on tv. As were am staying does not have uk channels, And to go on facebook or msn to chat too my son, i might download skype to so i can chat to my mum. I didnt know this hotel did not have english channels or i wouldnt have booked it. Thanks everyone for your help x

nigelmercier
31-05-2012, 12:38
Another solution is to get a MiFi wireless device (http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=MiFi+&_sacat=See-All-Categories), or any other unlocked 3G wireless router, then get a normal SIM PAYG card with a data allowance.

I use a similar device on my boat, with a 3G Contract Data SIM from MasMovil.