PDA

View Full Version : Are Siam Park and Aqualand safe for weak swimmers?

GAZZAAAAAAAAA
30-05-2012, 11:12
Hi everyone just joined the site as will be coming over to Tenerife in acouple of weeks for first time and can't wait.I will be coming with my girlfriend and we really like the look of Siam Park problem is we both aren't the greatest of swimmer's but both thrillseekers lol I've been doing my own research and have looked at plenty videos on youtube etc and from what I can see you don't seem to get threw into very deep waters it seems like you can stand at most parts you end up at when going down the different flumes.So was just to see if anyone on here can verify this or maybe there's afew people who aren't very good swimmers themselves who have been as didn't know if we'd be better off going to Aqualand instead.

Any comments welcomed and thanks in advance,oh and great site :cheers:

TheBigBenners
30-05-2012, 11:28
It's a fantastic day out - no need to be a strong swimmer on the flumes. The only thing you need to be wary of is the wave machine at the beach area which is scary for a weak swimmer, loads of people wait for it to happen then body surf.... My hubbie braved it while I chickened out in the shallow water! We're definitely going back when we're over later in the year.

GAZZAAAAAAAAA
30-05-2012, 11:35
It's a fantastic day out - no need to be a strong swimmer on the flumes. The only thing you need to be wary of is the wave machine at the beach area which is scary for a weak swimmer, loads of people wait for it to happen then body surf.... My hubbie braved it while I chickened out in the shallow water! We're definitely going back when we're over later in the year.

Thanks for the reply that's great then we can go and yeah I noticed the wave machine and we'd go nearer the back of that just incase lol

dolmard
30-05-2012, 12:50
I plan to visit both Siam and Loro Parque. Is the twin tickets offer a good deal ? I've heard that if you visit one the park they give ticket at 16€ for the second one. Have you ever heard about ?

poshbird22
30-05-2012, 13:08
Last time we went to Aqualand ( 2months ago). we paid a further 8 euros for a return ticket. Well worth it.

sunseeker
30-05-2012, 16:56
siam park would be ok. aqualand is beter for young kids.

GAZZAAAAAAAAA
30-05-2012, 21:34
I plan to visit both Siam and Loro Parque. Is the twin tickets offer a good deal ? I've heard that if you visit one the park they give ticket at 16€ for the second one. Have you ever heard about ?

Looked online there and both parks are 33euro per adult so that would be 66euro per adult to go to both parks but if buy a twin ticket its only 56euro per adult so if going to both the twin ticket option is a good offer.

http://www.loroparque.com/en/BuyTickets.asp

GAZZAAAAAAAAA
30-05-2012, 21:36
Thanks for the replies:):)

lapalma
30-05-2012, 21:49
Both parks are fantastic BUT the beer in Aqualand is potent !!! enjoy yourselves.

GAZZAAAAAAAAA
30-05-2012, 22:22
Cheers mate not too fussed about the beers when swimming I'll save that for the hotel later lol :heyhey:

davship
31-05-2012, 09:46
If you have younger children and are going to Aqualand try to get there first thing and grab one of the fixed position umberellas so as you have the choice of being in the shade and not permenantly in the sun!. Also Gazzaaaaaaaaaa i have had to stop going to waterparks because my eyesight has deteriorated that much that i permenatly need glasses and they are not allowed in the pool or on any of the slides. Also if you have any non-swimmers or even smaller children that can swim the lifeguard insist on them wearing armbands so take some with you rather than buy them there. Above all enjoy yourself.

minimadmandy
31-05-2012, 20:54
We have been to both water parks and prefer Siam Park now the kids are older. I'm not the best swimmer in the world but have been on everything apart the death drop slide. As long as you don't mind the possibility of taking an under water dunking a few times you should be fine. The wave pool is very strong, I have been knocked off my feet and worked out that it's better to have water up to the chest rather than knees!

If you take your own picnic in an obvious bag they will confiscate it at the entrance. We used the free bus last time which was very good. Lots of fun and everyone is worn out at the end of the day.

GAZZAAAAAAAAA
31-05-2012, 22:34
We have been to both water parks and prefer Siam Park now the kids are older. I'm not the best swimmer in the world but have been on everything apart the death drop slide. As long as you don't mind the possibility of taking an under water dunking a few times you should be fine. The wave pool is very strong, I have been knocked off my feet and worked out that it's better to have water up to the chest rather than knees!

If you take your own picnic in an obvious bag they will confiscate it at the entrance. We used the free bus last time which was very good. Lots of fun and everyone is worn out at the end of the day.

Thanks good to hear from someone who has been there all sounds good then,so no smuggling packed lunches in then lol oh and I've heard about a free bus where does this leave from and do you need to book it etc?thanks :cheers:

minimadmandy
01-06-2012, 08:22
The free buses go from various places at different resorts, on their web site there is a link which lists them all. In Los Cristianos it goes from outside the Spar supermarket (cc pasarela?) and the on to the Princess Dacil hotel. Didn't book, just waited at the stop for it to turn up, there can be quite a big queue but we all managed to get on. At the hotel Pricess Dacil it was also the pick up point for the other water park and various excursions as well. Lots of buses back as well. We usually hire a car and drive, but on out 5th visit decided to give the free bus a go. So this time we are doing the same again.