PDA

View Full Version : Documents needed for Fred Olsen Trip to Gran Canaria?

ridley
30-05-2012, 13:59
Hiya,

Have just booked to go to Gran Canaria for a few days on Fred Olsen Ferry. Website states I need to take Copy of residencia and passport copy in order to get residents discount. Does anyone know if I also need to get a certificado de empadronamiento. The information on the website is a bit misleading!!

Many thanks

doncarlos
30-05-2012, 14:35
Yes I do know - you don't; not at the moment. You only need ID and the certificado de residencia.

tina ann
30-05-2012, 14:43
I have been told you need the Vieja from your town hall, where you get your empadronamiento from, I believe it's only a few euros.

Yes you also need the certificado de empadronamiento just incase.

I asume you live in the south, if so you can pick up your tickets at Los Cristianos & take your copies with you, they will ask for them, my friend was asked for copies yesterday, we have got to do the same as we are going over soon too.

ridley
30-05-2012, 15:51
Well,two very different answers there !!!!!!! Yes we are in the south.

deepdivejunkie
30-05-2012, 16:48
Used Fred Olsen last September to go t La Palma with the car. I did the booking online, and collected my tickets at Los Cristianos. Only passports & Origional Residencia are needed to get the discount.

Paul.

sunseeker
30-05-2012, 16:52
passport and cert.de residencia. :)

ridley
30-05-2012, 17:48
ok, thanks!! Also I can print the boarding cards online..Are these the "tickets" or will I need to collect those as well. I am departing from Santa Cruz.

chifleta
30-05-2012, 18:56
the rules will be changing soon, whereby you'll have to produce a recent Certificado de Empadronamiento apparently in September, and that includes Spanish residents with DNI, they will have to produce a Certificado de Empadronamiento too.....

christa
30-05-2012, 20:02
You will need passports, original residencia but always take a photocopy of both where ever you go. You can print out your confirmation tickets online, but you will still need to go to the kiosk at least 40 mins before sailing to get your boarding cards.

tina ann
31-05-2012, 11:56
The only thing I can say is that friends who have booked in the last few weeks and I mean a few different friends have all been told you now also need the Vieja and they go every year, last year you did not need this document, just residencia.

It's jus another document to add to all the others and dont forget your copies too.
Well,two very different answers there !!!!!!! Yes we are in the south.

ridley
31-05-2012, 13:19
thanx for all your advice xx

chifleta
31-05-2012, 15:15
you now also need the Vieja ?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿ La Vieja? :lol::old: (couldn't find an old lady) hahahahaha