PDA

View Full Version : Missing members

kingbaker
13-06-2011, 22:14
Hi Who's missing from this new forum and how can they be contacted or re-directed to this site?

Pooh
13-06-2011, 22:18
Everyone who was a member on the old forum was emailed about the change before that forum went offline.
So as long as they had a valid email address registered in the old forum, they have been notified.

obs
13-06-2011, 23:25
And which former member are you ringwormer??

imablue
13-06-2011, 23:31
And which former member are you ringwormer??

am i glad its not me .......:lol:

Suej
14-06-2011, 10:34
Hi Who's missing from this new forum and how can they be contacted or re-directed to this site?

Thereīs hundreds missing...I hope it can build back up to what it was! but itīs early days.;)

tonypub
14-06-2011, 10:50
Thereīs hundreds missing...I hope it can build back up to what it was! but itīs early days.;)
many were dead accounts.if they want the forum they will find it 2 b sure 2 b sure:pray:

Jackie
14-06-2011, 10:55
many were dead accounts.if they want the forum they will find it 2 b sure 2 b sure:pray:

Exactly..although there were something like 20 odd thousand members how many of those where regular posters. Most of them probably asked one question, got their answer and where never to be seen again :)

doreen
14-06-2011, 12:06
Well, will be passing the 2,000 mark in the next hour or two, so there can't be that many regulars missing :)

Jimandsi
14-06-2011, 12:37
I seem to remember Mike saying that we had 24,000 members on the old Forum and we now have 2,000 members on this Forum.

So that leave's 91% of the original membership still to join :confused:

Malteser Monkey
14-06-2011, 12:40
I seem to remember Mike saying that we had 24,000 members on the old Forum and we now have 2,000 members on this Forum.

So that leave's 91% of the original membership still to join :confused:

That could be coz they've only re registered with one id.... :lol::hole:

Jimandsi
14-06-2011, 12:42
Let's hope so.

onelegnofeet
14-06-2011, 12:42
Everyone who was a member on the old forum was emailed about the change before that forum went offline.
So as long as they had a valid email address registered in the old forum, they have been notified.

That speaks volumes ...........i never got an email !!!LOL

Someone emailed me to say that TOM and Sharon had started a thread asking where i was ? so without causing issues ,are Admin sure those with a valid email address has recieved such notifactions .................i only ask out of respect for the build up of this forum

Suej
14-06-2011, 12:44

Yeah! probably thousands that joined over the years posted a few times then disappeared....Are the two forums still going to merged I wonder?

Jackie
14-06-2011, 12:48
Yeah! probably thousands that joined over the years posted a few times then disappeared....Are the two forums still going to merged I wonder?

Keep up Sue:lol: Not unless Zarion comes forward and agrees to it

onelegnofeet
14-06-2011, 12:53

I saw him on tv at the weekend ...........opps that was ZORRO ,another Myth

Suej
14-06-2011, 13:34

Doh! to be honest Jackie I just come on here to have a chat, I donīt keep up with things as I should:stupid:

What if Zarion doesnīt come forward will the old forum just shut down?

Jackie
14-06-2011, 13:48
Doh! to be honest Jackie I just come on here to have a chat, I donīt keep up with things as I should:stupid:

What if Zarion doesnīt come forward will the old forum just shut down?

Apparently so. Doreen kindly paid the outstanding fees so that mods could get some info. etc. but if Z doesn't step up to the plate before the end of the month then the .com site will vanish into the great abiss

doreen
14-06-2011, 13:48
In an ideal world, the two databases will be merged ... and we will all live happily ever after ;)

Rest assured that everything possible is being done to keep this great Community alive and thriving and with all original information available.

One of the reasons the was a huge surge in membership on the old forum at one point (before your time I think, Jimandsi) was a practice where you could not access the information without registering ... much as we would love every lurker to be a member, we are happy to leave the information open for all to see :)

Sundowner
14-06-2011, 13:52

Someone emailed me to say that TOM and Sharon had started a thread asking where i was ? so without causing issues ,are Admin sure those with a valid email address has recieved such notifactions .................i only ask out of respect for the build up of this forum

I received my notification e-mail O.K. Have you changed your e-mail since joining?

primrose
14-06-2011, 13:55

Well that's you and me wonder how many more ???

doreen
14-06-2011, 13:59
I got three emails ... due to a murky past :lol:

Putting "tenerife forum" into google (co.uk or .es) brings here up as the very first entry on page one :)

Suej
14-06-2011, 14:01

I did get an email. Everyday I think of someone who posted regularly that I havenīt seen return yet.:(

Chris P. Bacon
14-06-2011, 14:01
I got mine :eyebrows:

Jimandsi
14-06-2011, 14:08
I did get an email. Everyday I think of someone who posted regularly that I havenīt seen return yet.:(

Are they on THE other side ?

slodgedad
14-06-2011, 14:13
Well, will be passing the 2,000 mark in the next hour or two, so there can't be that many regulars missing :)

We must be getting popular as there are nearly as many banned and refused spammers as there are regular members.

Check the bottom of the Forum page to see the stats.

Jimandsi
14-06-2011, 14:14
Do you count OLNF as a spammer or a member ?

slodgedad
14-06-2011, 14:16

Spamber.....:surrender:

Suej
14-06-2011, 14:18
Are they on THE other side ?

Not a member of that one Jimbo...but might go have a quick look!;)

Pooh
14-06-2011, 14:48
The traffic and activity on this forum is up to the same level, at least, as the old one was before shutting down, so there can't be too many active members missing... :)

doreen
14-06-2011, 15:31

Hey Suej, let us know some names ... maybe someone has been in email contact or knows them ... or they will pop up from lurkerdom :)

Suej
14-06-2011, 15:34
Hey Suej, let us know some names ... maybe someone has been in email contact or knows them ... or they will pop up from lurkerdom :)

Canīt remember seeing dede yet?...As I think of them Iīll post.;)

SHIRLEYANNB? she often posted on the animal threads.

Chris P. Bacon
14-06-2011, 15:43
Canīt remember seeing dede yet?...As I think of them Iīll post.;)

SHIRLEYANNB? she often posted on the animal threads.

They are both here Suej :eyebrows:

doreen
14-06-2011, 15:43
dede is definetly here ... in fact there's nearly two of her as we have a DeeD too ... and shirleyannb is now Pets@home or something like that :)

Suej
14-06-2011, 15:47
They are both here Suej :eyebrows:

How am I to know whoīs changed their names!!!!:hit: Whereīs that muppet IPM? :raspberry2::lol:

Jimandsi
14-06-2011, 15:59
We must be getting popular as there are nearly as many banned and refused spammers as there are regular members.

Check the bottom of the Forum page to see the stats.

It was also useful to see how many members were on-line in the "What's Going On" section, but it seems that this has now been disabled. :cry:

Ignore that - it's back now !

howard thornton
14-06-2011, 16:05
How am I to know whoīs changed their names!!!!:hit: Whereīs that muppet IPM? :raspberry2::lol:

she has eloped with her sugar daddy. lol last seen driving off in the sunset, in a porsche

Suej
14-06-2011, 16:39
Thanks HT! I must be mistaken then, Iīm sure I saw her riding a push bike around Palm Mar only yesterday!:D

Malteser Monkey
14-06-2011, 16:45
is benward here ?

Suej
14-06-2011, 16:48
is benward here ?

He hasnīt been around for yonks!

doreen
14-06-2011, 16:48
is benward here ?

Yes ... he's in the membership list ... with 7 posts so far to his name :)

Chris P. Bacon
14-06-2011, 16:51
All you had to do was ask! :lol:

Suej
14-06-2011, 16:54
Heīll be back again soon, heīs just having a nap under the duvet!:love:

howard thornton
14-06-2011, 16:58
[QUOTE=Suej;15600]Thanks HT! I must be mistaken then, Iīm sure I saw her riding a push bike around Palm Mar only yesterday!:D[ maybe its me, i knew i should have gone to specsave.

onelegnofeet
14-06-2011, 17:23
[/B]

I received my notification e-mail O.K. Have you changed your e-mail since joining?

i havent changed my email address nor my name on the forum but no notifacation but hey ho .....................bet i know which mod was supposed to send mine out LOL

quite more possible than you may think !!! Even though diabetics cant eat it ...............

warbey
14-06-2011, 20:30

Moral of the Story.

Get the E=Mail Addresses of all Friends..as backup..

kieraj
15-06-2011, 00:45
I have joined here with a different username because I was having a blonde moment to complicated to explain, I/we was lynneandbobby we are now kieraj hello everyone great forum, feel like I still live there when I log on, long may it continue

Zara
15-06-2011, 09:08

The only email I got was from Facebook saying KJ announced a new forum. So that's at least 4 of us that used to be regulars and not changed email addresses.

Think someone is trying to tell those of us who are not 'serious posters' but like the fun posts to get lost - There used to be a saying - be careful what you wish for !!!

Chris P. Bacon
15-06-2011, 09:11
Well I got emails for all 10 of my usernames so it must work :eyebrows:

with cheese
15-06-2011, 09:21
No email for me but I am not serious that often...............thought everyone enjoyed the fun of Tenerife as many go to fun bars, oh well, maybe not for me anymore which will please the very boring Pablo.

reggie
15-06-2011, 09:29
Well as you all know, i only post to answer serious questions, If there's one thing i cant stand its school boy humour, The forum was going down hill fast, I'm really happy it's being cleaned up, and if you believe that, :raspberry:

Jimandsi
15-06-2011, 10:49
Looks like a bit of a selection process has been going on to me. :gun:

doreen
15-06-2011, 11:13
The only email I got was from Facebook saying KJ announced a new forum. So that's at least 4 of us that used to be regulars and not changed email addresses.

Think someone is trying to tell those of us who are not 'serious posters' but like the fun posts to get lost - There used to be a saying - be careful what you wish for !!!

... luckily, you are all here, serious or not :)

Trust me, no one is/was being intentionally excluded - I believe it took well over an hour for the first batch of a few thousand emails to go out ... I can assure you no one was watching each line with an option to delete

dede
15-06-2011, 11:17
Well i for one was glad to get an email:hello:

Jackie
15-06-2011, 11:20
I don't think there are many more if any regular members that haven't re-joined. What's the point in having 20 odd thousand members if only 2,000 plus are active. At least there are not going to be thousands of accounts on here that are no longer used and new people that join will hopefully start to post on a regular basis

doreen
15-06-2011, 11:30
Having just put the word "Tenerife" into UK Google, nothing more - the .org forum appears on page one ... not bad for less than 3 weeks, eh ?

.... people who want to know about Tenerife (or the forum) will find us :)

Pooh
15-06-2011, 11:32
The mailing list system automatically sent the email to all old members, no exception.
But email is never 100% reliable, and it's possible it was filtered as spam, either by the client system or even by some providers, since it was a mass mailing.
Especially Yahoo are notorious for false positives in their spam filtering, and Hotmail is quite bad too.
Gmail is better, but far from perfect - no email system is.

junetta
15-06-2011, 12:58
Iīve finally managed to get back! Had to change my username slightly but never mind x

Lloyd
15-06-2011, 13:08
Well i for one was glad to get an email:hello:

Same though I didn't get mine till a couple of days ago :/

Suej
15-06-2011, 14:57
Happy to see that a few I thought had disappeared are still with us! Hello again to all!:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

Tojack
15-06-2011, 17:06
I got mine 2 week's after i signed up.An old dj told me it was back online.

phillever
15-06-2011, 23:08
Whatever happened to OLD GOLFER ? not seen anything from him for a while ?

doreen
15-06-2011, 23:31
Whatever happened to OLD GOLFER ? not seen anything from him for a while ?

He briefly rejoined the old forum in February this year (I had to get a new log in for him from Zarion - my last contact with Z) .. but these days OG seems to be totally caught up in his golf & Facebook & Twitter :)

Ecky Thump
28-02-2014, 22:37
After starting a thread about Who to fly with, I suddenly realised we have a member missing who would have put us all straight about budget airlines and that she would only fly first class with major luxury airlines.....

It's Penelope Pitstop....anyone know where our leading lady is???

marbro8
28-02-2014, 22:43
After starting a thread about Who to fly with, I suddenly realised we have a member missing who would have put us all straight about budget airlines and that she would only fly first class with major luxury airlines.....

It's Penelope Pitstop....anyone know where our leading lady is???she has her own plane now piloted by some bloke called parker:eyebrows:

Malteser Monkey
28-02-2014, 23:03
Madmel is still mad mel and what became of my buddie Pollyee

slodgedad
28-02-2014, 23:13
Be nice to hear from them all again.

Maybe some of them are here in cognito.....Spooky..:devil:

Malteser Monkey
01-03-2014, 11:00
Be nice to hear from them all again.

Maybe some of them are here in cognito.....Spooky..:devil:

yes there is I_N_Cognito

kingbaker
04-03-2014, 11:37
Where's Fivepence lately??:tiphat:

kingbaker
17-03-2014, 15:05
Any sign of him anywhere??:p

Malteser Monkey
17-03-2014, 15:17
yes he was back on for a while

kingbaker
18-03-2014, 17:42
So what did you do to him?

:pYou must've frickened him away!!:(:(:D

Ecky Thump
18-11-2015, 15:55
Has anyone heard from warbey , I haven't seen any posts from him recently???

Malteser Monkey
18-11-2015, 17:34
Has anyone heard from warbey , I haven't seen any posts from him recently???

Yes had emails mate

Medman
18-11-2015, 17:36
Yes had emails mate

Toto 99 will be jealous !!

melm
18-11-2015, 19:29
we are missing you warbey a warm welcome awaits :wave:

LUCKY
18-11-2015, 19:51

We are missing you :agree:

marbro8
18-11-2015, 19:53
we are missing you warbey a warm welcome awaits :wave:i have emailed the warbster. telling him he is missed by his harem of beauties:laugh:

TOTO 99
18-11-2015, 21:24
i have emailed the warbster. telling him he is missed by his harem of beauties:laugh:

I didn't realise he was on another forum as well as this one..................run away smiley.

Malteser Monkey
19-11-2015, 09:04
I didn't realise he was on another forum as well as this one..................run away smiley.

He was talking about you and Ecky :D

Ecky Thump
19-11-2015, 09:09
He was talking about you and Ecky :D

So why is he not here talking to us, or is he sulking because he is not your favourite and that you have another mans attention???

Malteser Monkey
19-11-2015, 09:12
So why is he not here talking to us, or is he sulking because he is not your favourite and that you have another mans attention???

No ok if the truth be known he is sulking !

Coz his local Aldi stopped selling his fav Vino Tinto !:crying2:

warbey
19-11-2015, 21:11
i have emailed the warbster. telling him he is missed by his harem of beauties:laugh:

As If..!!! .:whistle::whistle:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

No ok if the truth be known he is sulking !

Coz his local Aldi stopped selling his fav Vino Tinto !:crying2:

Ha HA Found some more in Tesco.....

( I kept a copy of Your Foto too!)

I like the warm bit!

cainaries
19-11-2015, 21:54
Welcome back, Warbey. It is always good to be amongst good mates.

marbro8
20-11-2015, 09:05
As If..!!! .:whistle::whistle:

Ha HA Found some more in Tesco.....

I like the warm bit!

welcome back mate:tiphat:

Malteser Monkey
20-11-2015, 10:26

I like the warm bit!

Yes I love a warm bit too:cheeky:

Which photo mate ?

Ecky Thump
18-12-2015, 15:56

Breaking News.......Missing person!!

Malteser Monkey missing.

If you have knowledge of this members whereabouts, please don't let her know we are looking for her to return!!:p

TOTO 99
18-12-2015, 16:06

Breaking News.......Missing person!!

Malteser Monkey missing.

If you have knowledge of this members whereabouts, please don't let her know we are looking for her to return!!:p

Let's leave it a bit longer eh?.............If she's not back by July we'll look into it..:lol:

Ecky Thump
18-12-2015, 16:19
Let's leave it a bit longer eh?.............If she's not back by July we'll look into it..:lol:

As early as July!! :nono:

Malteser Monkey
18-12-2015, 17:50
Oi !

Can't a sort 'ave a day off ?

Had a brilliant day !

One of them bonding Red day things but it was all fun !.....bonding not bondage !!

Then a wonderful meal at the Boatyard pub Bangor Pier !!

Very nice Xmas dinner - too much for me and you wanna see the Yorkshire I had massive !!.............Pud ...not LUCKY:crazy:

Gosh you lot have filthy minds:redcard:

Feeling rather shattered now

Ecky Thump
18-12-2015, 18:05
Oi !

Can't a sort 'ave a day off ?

Had a brilliant day !

One of them bonding Red day things but it was all fun !.....bonding not bondage !!

Then a wonderful meal at the Boatyard pub Bangor Pier !!

Very nice Xmas dinner - too much for me and you wanna see the Yorkshire I had massive !!.............Pud ...not LUCKY:crazy:

Gosh you lot have filthy minds:redcard:

Feeling rather shattered now

Shattered is a euphanism of being "Rather Pished" :p

Malteser Monkey
18-12-2015, 23:03
Shattered is a euphanism of being "Rather Pished" :p

Still here just checking on you lot:crazy:

Malteser Monkey
25-12-2015, 17:40
TOTO 99 not here where the ..............:crazy:

TOTO 99
25-12-2015, 17:46
TOTO 99 not here where the ..............:crazy:

Merry Christmas....yes I'm around but obviously lots going on. Been out for lunch and now baby dougie has just come to visit........not had a minute yet, I'm struggling to find time to try out my soap on a rope.....lol.

Malteser Monkey
25-12-2015, 17:48
Merry Christmas....yes I'm around but obviously lots going on. Been out for lunch and now baby dougie has just come to visit........not had a minute yet, I'm struggling to find time to try out my soap on a rope.....lol.

Ahhh nice ....

Ecky Thump
09-02-2017, 10:04
Has any one heard from kingbaker lately, I know that over the last six months or so that he hasn't posted, but he often logged in to see what's occurring. ???

Angusjim
09-02-2017, 10:08
Has any one heard from kingbaker lately, I know that over the last six months or so that he hasn't posted, but he often logged in to see what's occurring. ???

NO :c2::c2::c2::c2::c2::c2::c2::c2::c2::c2::c2::c2:

macdonald5
09-02-2017, 11:13

No Ecky Thump ...he's gone off radar , other forum members have tried to make contact but no reply Know he'd had some hospitalised health problems