PDA

View Full Version : Utilities Is there a Laundry near Marina, San Miguel, Tenerife?

nigelmercier
30-05-2012, 19:07
Does anyone know of a laundry near Marina San Miguel?

I don't mean a laundrette, rather the type of place that does the washing, drying and ironing, then you pick it up at a later date.

karinagal
30-05-2012, 22:50
Does anyone know of a laundry near Marina San Miguel?

I don't mean a laundrette, rather the type of place that does the washing, drying and ironing, then you pick it up at a later date.

Yes, there's one at the Bridge in Amarilla Golf. It's opposite the supermarket which is facing the Premier Bar next to Fairways complex. It does service washes which I believe is what you're looking for. Can't give you a price I'm afraid.. The Bridge is the bars, restaurants etc that is attached to the carbuncle which is El Barranco..

The undisputed queen of de-nial

nigelmercier
30-05-2012, 23:10
The Bridge is the bars, restaurants etc that is attached to the carbuncle which is El Barranco...

Thank you, do you mean here (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=el+Barranco&hl=en&ll=28.022042,-16.618237&spn=0.014131,0.018368&sll=28.023993,-16.613903&sspn=0.014131,0.018368&hnear=El+Barranco&t=m&z=16) somewhere?

kingbaker
31-05-2012, 00:11
There's also one in Green Park comlex on Golf Del Sur.:hello:

karinagal
31-05-2012, 05:42
Thank you, do you mean here (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=el+Barranco&hl=en&ll=28.022042,-16.618237&spn=0.014131,0.018368&sll=28.023993,-16.613903&sspn=0.014131,0.018368&hnear=El+Barranco&t=m&z=16) somewhere?

Close - if you go to hybrid view, it's facing Tenerife Sun Apartments.. I've also remembered that there is a laundry place actually at the entrance to the marina, don't know if they do service washes though. When do you need to know by? It's not far from where I'm going today! :D

nigelmercier
31-05-2012, 06:40
When do you need to know by? It's not far from where I'm going today! :D

So here (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Tenerife+Sun+Apartments+-+Tenerife,+San+Miguel+de+Abona,+Spain&hl=en&ll=28.021691,-16.616081&spn=0.007103,0.009184&hq=Tenerife+Sun+Apartments+-&hnear=San+Miguel+de+Abona,+Province+of+Santa+Cruz+ de+Tenerife,+Canary+Islands,+Spain&t=h&z=17) then?

I know about the laundrette on the hill below the Irish pub (Wild Geese?), but it's DIY only. No hurry, I'm not going back for a couple of weeks, but I need to find somewhere by then if I can, and as close as possible to the marina as we only have a bicycle for transport!

karinagal
01-06-2012, 21:06
So here (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Tenerife+Sun+Apartments+-+Tenerife,+San+Miguel+de+Abona,+Spain&hl=en&ll=28.021691,-16.616081&spn=0.007103,0.009184&hq=Tenerife+Sun+Apartments+-&hnear=San+Miguel+de+Abona,+Province+of+Santa+Cruz+ de+Tenerife,+Canary+Islands,+Spain&t=h&z=17) then?

I know about the laundrette on the hill below the Irish pub (Wild Geese?), but it's DIY only. No hurry, I'm not going back for a couple of weeks, but I need to find somewhere by then if I can, and as close as possible to the marina as we only have a bicycle for transport!

Yes! That's the place! Do you want me to check the one at the marina for you? Or have you already discounted that one?

nigelmercier
01-06-2012, 23:47
The one in the marina, and the one near Tapas n Chill are both DIY unfortunately. It's not that I'm lazy, it's not normally possible to do the laundry, shut down the yacht, and catch a flight in the same day. That's why I need a place where I can just leave it to be done, and pick it up next trip.

AL JAY
02-06-2012, 00:35
The one in the marina, and the one near Tapas n Chill are both DIY unfortunately. It's not that I'm lazy, it's not normally possible to do the laundry, shut down the yacht, and catch a flight in the same day. That's why I need a place where I can just leave it to be done, and pick it up next trip.

Its a tough life old boy! I was only saying to Tarquin Ponsonby-Smyth the other day,they either get a heli-pad on the Patch or im orf!:wink2: :tiphat::cheers:

karinagal
02-06-2012, 08:25

You can definitely do that at the laundry nearest to me. They also do dry cleaning. Sorry I can't give you a price, but next time I'm passing, I'll ask for you.

nigelmercier
02-06-2012, 10:38
You can definitely do that at the laundry nearest to me. They also do dry cleaning. Sorry I can't give you a price, but next time I'm passing, I'll ask for you.

Thank you, prices for wash, dry, iron (sheets only) per 5kg would be handy, don't worry about dry-cleaning. Also name, address contact info (email?) would be good.
If you get a chance, could you take a couple of pictures of the front and of the location?

[Later] I just got this from someone else: "There is a laundry near the supermarket on Pebble Beach. If you go to the road and follow it along towards Frosties bar the laundry is under the arch on the right. I don't know their charges but I do know that you can leave laundry and collect later... "

Is this the same place, getting confused now! :)

I think I need a map (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?17037-Maps-of-Amarilla-Golf-Golf-del-Sur-Pebble-Beach-etc&p=183273#post183273)!

karinagal
02-06-2012, 14:14
Thank you, prices for wash, dry, iron (sheets only) per 5kg would be handy, don't worry about dry-cleaning. Also name, address contact info (email?) would be good.
If you get a chance, could you take a couple of pictures of the front and of the location?

[Later] I just got this from someone else: "There is a laundry near the supermarket on Pebble Beach. If you go to the road and follow it along towards Frosties bar the laundry is under the arch on the right. I don't know their charges but I do know that you can leave laundry and collect later... "

Is this the same place, getting confused now! :)

I think I need a map (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?17037-Maps-of-Amarilla-Golf-Golf-del-Sur-Pebble-Beach-etc&p=183273#post183273)!

Yup - same place. I'm just not the best at describing locations or giving directions... Sally (our sat nav) has a favourite phrase she uses for me.....'recalculating'!! :D

nigelmercier
02-06-2012, 15:05
Yup - same place. I'm just not the best at describing locations or giving directions...

Now I'm very confused. Google Maps says Pebble Beach is here (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=pebble+beach+tenerife&hl=en&ll=28.026602,-16.610641&spn=0.003774,0.005107&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=pebble+beach&hnear=0xc41cbead52d4a55:0xf0340f4bbf98d20,Tenerife&cid=0,0,6066023768440507620&t=h&z=18), but I thought you said the laundry was here (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Tenerife+Sun+Apartments+-+Tenerife,+San+Miguel+de+Abona,+Spain&hl=en&ll=28.021691,-16.616081&spn=0.007103,0.009184&hq=Tenerife+Sun+Apartments+-&hnear=San+Miguel+de+Abona,+Province+of+Santa+Cruz+ de+Tenerife,+Canary+Islands,+Spain&t=h&z=17).

Angusjim
02-06-2012, 15:56
Hope you don't go too far in that boat of yours if you get confused / lost in the Pebble Beach area :wave::laugh:

nigelmercier
02-06-2012, 16:02
Hope you don't go too far in that boat of yours if you get confused / lost in the Pebble Beach area :wave::laugh:

In my boat I don't have two devices telling me different things! :)

Angusjim
02-06-2012, 16:22
In my boat I don't have two devices telling me different things! :)

Pebble Beach area ain't huge if you get a wee bit lost just ask one of the natives most in that area speak english they will point you in the right direction :)

nigelmercier
02-06-2012, 16:58
Pebble Beach area ain't huge if you get a wee bit lost just ask one of the natives most in that area speak english they will point you in the right direction :)

I'm sure I won't get lost, I just need to sort out a laundry before I go back.

karinagal
02-06-2012, 22:12
Now I'm very confused. Google Maps says Pebble Beach is here (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=pebble+beach+tenerife&hl=en&ll=28.026602,-16.610641&spn=0.003774,0.005107&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=pebble+beach&hnear=0xc41cbead52d4a55:0xf0340f4bbf98d20,Tenerife&cid=0,0,6066023768440507620&t=h&z=18), but I thought you said the laundry was here (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Tenerife+Sun+Apartments+-+Tenerife,+San+Miguel+de+Abona,+Spain&hl=en&ll=28.021691,-16.616081&spn=0.007103,0.009184&hq=Tenerife+Sun+Apartments+-&hnear=San+Miguel+de+Abona,+Province+of+Santa+Cruz+ de+Tenerife,+Canary+Islands,+Spain&t=h&z=17).

The first map shows Golf Del Sur. The one I linked to is the closest.. What's marked on the map as Tenerife Sun apartments, is a complex called Fairways Club. It faces Frosties bar and the Bridge complex where the supermarket and launderette are situated. Basically, if you walk/cycle up from the Marina past the Aguamarina Hotel on your right and continue on until you reach the roundabout. Then turn left at the roundabout and follow that road. Scorpio complex is part way along on your right then there is waste ground between Scorpio and Fairways Club on both sides of the road. Then you will see Frosties bar on your left. A few metres downhill from Frosties, the supermarket is just under the arch of the Bridge and the launderette is facing it. Bob's your auntie...! :D

slodgedad
02-06-2012, 22:22
It's underneath the Terrace Bar, across the road from the Premier bar.

Parked there today waiting for my daughter at the hairdressers which is next door.

nigelmercier
03-06-2012, 00:01
turn left at the roundabout and follow that road...

Great, I've found out where you mean (see below), many thanks.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/nigelmercier/Misc/Golf-Triangle-A4-LR.png
It seems this forum downsizes attachments, see here (http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/nigelmercier/Misc/Golf-Triangle-A4-LR.png) for higher resolution. This is a corner of a map that I'm making using Google Maps as a base, any additions in the Golf Triangle welcome. And yes, I have noted the missing apostrophe in Frostie's - to be corrected in next map revision.

It's underneath the Terrace Bar, across the road from the Premier bar...
Where are the Terrace Bar and Premier bar?

slodgedad
03-06-2012, 08:59
Where are the Terrace Bar and Premier bar?

Above and across the road from the laundry...:)

nigelmercier
03-06-2012, 10:59
Above and across the road from the laundry...:)

Yes :) but do you mean this (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?16970-Is-there-a-Laundry-near-Marina-San-Miguel-Tenerife&p=183455&viewfull=1#post183455) laundry?

I ask because according to Trip Advisor, the Premier Bar is nowhere near here, it says it is just west of Amarilla Golf. See image here (http://dolcetto.org.uk/temp/premierbar.png).

primrose
03-06-2012, 11:17
Why don't you just get on your bike and go and look for it.rolleyes2:

nigelmercier
03-06-2012, 11:24
Because according to Google Maps, it is 1,843 miles away from where I am right now :D

As I said before: I need to sort out a laundry before I return to the boat; if I can't, I will need to make other arrangements before I leave home, such as booking a hold bag on the return flight.

Angusjim
03-06-2012, 11:31
Because according to Google Maps, it is 1,843 miles away from where I am right now :D

As I said before: I need to sort out a laundry before I return to the boat; if I can't, I will need to make other arrangements before I leave home, such as booking a hold bag on the return flight.

But your location says you are at Marina San Miguel you can only be about 1843 metres from the laundry;)

primrose
03-06-2012, 11:42
Did I say today? :nono:It would take you 5 Minutes on a bike to find it, the Golf isn't that big and there are enough people who speak English that you could ask for directions.Actually why don't you just get a Taxi and ask for Premier Bar.

Beginning to wonder if this is just a wind up.

nigelmercier
03-06-2012, 11:47
Did I say today? :nono:It would take you 5 Minutes on a bike to find it...

To clarify, I live in the UK, which is where I am now. My yacht is in Marina San Miguel. I have listed this as my Location as this is my base when I am in the Canary Islands. Sorry for any confusion.

Again: I need to sort out a laundry close to the marina before I return to the boat. I though it would be simple :D

primrose
03-06-2012, 11:55
If the boat is moored here what did you do with the dirty laundry the last time you were here.? Bored with this now.

nigelmercier
03-06-2012, 12:06
If the boat is moored here what did you do with the dirty laundry the last time you were here.? Bored with this now.

I took everyone else's laundry (per person: 2 double sheets, 2 pillow cases, two towels) to a DIY laundrette, washed it, almost dried it (after three runs in the dryer), hung it out to air; it took most of the day, and one sheet ended up in the sea so had to be washed again! No time to do this normally, which is why I need a laundry service. My laundry came home with me, which is a real PITA.

Boring? Well you did ask! :)

Angusjim
03-06-2012, 12:12
If you do find a laundry hope its still in business when you return to collect your washing or you may have to buy more. So next question where can you buy sheets etc close to the Marina accurate maps please :)

nigelmercier
03-06-2012, 12:20
If you do find a laundry hope its still in business when you return to collect your washing or you may have to buy more.

This has happened to me in Greece. Luckily they contacted me (I always leave UK contact details) and I got someone to pick it up. The bottom sheets are all custom made to fit the mattresses, so quite expensive to replace.

karinagal
03-06-2012, 15:02
Don't panic, the laundry is always busy - I think they do a lot of the laundry for apartments..

Angusjim
03-06-2012, 15:10
Don't panic, the laundry is always busy - I think they do a lot of the laundry for apartments..

Busy does not mean profitable many many busy companies going bust at the moment, as I know to my personal cost:(

melm
03-06-2012, 19:10
Nigel

could this be a job one of the many people on the forum looking for work could do???? earn some much needed money while unemployed

just a thought.

nigelmercier
04-06-2012, 10:49
could this be a job one of the many people on the forum looking for work could do...

You mean do the laundry? It really needs industrial machines, the normal load is 10kg to 20kg. Also, ironing the fitted sheets is a bitch, but an industrial press manages OK. I guess that if anyone would like the work, then it's fine with me. Give me a price to wash, dry and iron (sheets only) per 5kg.

I've finally managed to find the Terrace Bar (although the Premier Bar still escapes me). Partial map here (http://dolcetto.org.uk/temp/bridge.png).

karinagal
04-06-2012, 11:36
The Premier bar is on the front of Fairways Club, facing the supermarket

melm
04-06-2012, 19:02
sorry did not realise you would need industrial machinery.

I am in the UK and not looking for work ........it was just a thought that someone could handle your laundry requirements.

cheers

curlytop
05-06-2012, 00:05
I'm sat here feeling slightly amused but exhausted after reading all this! Maybe if someone could give Nigel the exact degrees of lattitude and longitude for the laundry and the Premier Bar he would find them? Actually, sack that idea - I'll do your laundry for you Nigel, in exchange for a trip or two on your canoe. Just kidding.......I don't do :washingmachine: or :boat:

nigelmercier
05-06-2012, 08:04
I'm sat here feeling slightly amused but exhausted after reading all this! Maybe if someone could give Nigel the exact degrees of lattitude and longitude for the laundry and the Premier Bar he would find them?

Yeah, I know, sorry for asking for so many details. The problem is that I've only just arrived in Tenerife, and I didn't really go far from the marina; I needed to check out the very local places first. It was only in the final couple of days that I realised I still hadn't seen a laundry. Every other marina I have been based at has had a choice of several within a few hundred metres.

Anyway, at least I know where one is, even if I haven't managed to contact them yet.

Thanks again for all the help.

PS the laundry is at 28° 1.402'N 16° 37.027'W :D

primrose
05-06-2012, 09:49
Yeah, I know, sorry for asking for so many details. The problem is that I've only just arrived in Tenerife, and I didn't really go far from the marina; I needed to check out the very local places first. It was only in the final couple of days that I realised I still hadn't seen a laundry. Every other marina I have been based at has had a choice of several within a few hundred metres.

Anyway, at least I know where one is, even if I haven't managed to contact them yet.

Thought you said you were in England when I asked why you didn't get on your bike and look for one and that was on the 3rd.You obviously have been away from the Marina as you gave a review of the Volcanic Islands Bar and Aberdeen Steak House.If you are in Tenerife now just get a Taxi and they will take you.

curlytop
05-06-2012, 14:42

Ha, ha, ha you've just got to get yourself there now before you start to smell! Don't get in a taxi though - they may take you to the laundry in Puerto de la Cruz! Put your bag on your back, walk straight up the road from the marina, at the roundabout take a left and follow the road until you see Frosties bar on your left. Continue down the hill and you will see the supermarket also on the left under an archway. Opposite the supermarket doors is the laundry. Simples! Good luck on your maiden voyage and walk there when it's cloudy or you'll end up having to change and use another set of clean clothes.

nigelmercier
05-06-2012, 15:01
Thought you said you were in England when I asked why you didn't get on your bike and look for one and that was on the 3rd...

I am in England, what made you think I wasn't?

[Later] Oh I get it, "I've only just arrived in Tenerife...". What I meant was "The yacht has only just arrived in Tenerife..."

primrose
05-06-2012, 15:36

[Later] Oh I get it, "I've only just arrived in Tenerife...". What I meant was "The yacht has only just arrived in Tenerife..."

Well you must have good eye sight if you realised in the last couple of days you hadn't seen a Laundry in Tenerife,Oh and thought you said you hadn't gone very far from the Marina.

curlytop
05-06-2012, 19:27

He means the canoe! :raspberry:

princessmonika
06-06-2012, 08:19
how much more info does he need ??????????????????????? is he taking the michael???????

nigelmercier
06-06-2012, 09:25
how much more info does he need ??????????????????????? is he taking the michael???????
I think I'm good now, thanks. I haven't managed to make contact with a laundry, but at least I know where to look. Many thanks to all who replied.

primrose
06-06-2012, 09:45
So did you manage to get the photograph's that you asked for?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

nigelmercier
06-06-2012, 17:55
So did you manage to get the photograph's that you asked for?

The kind offer was made to check the place out; I just thought photographs were easier than writing stuff down, that's all.

To curlytop, this is my "canoe" :cool:

http://www.dolcetto.org.uk/images/Dolcetto-019b.png

Just booked my next trip out: 26 June :jumping:

curlytop
06-06-2012, 18:58
Lovely Canoe Nigel - I can see it from my terrace! Hope it's in the water for the 26th or you won't be able to get to all that laundry very easily.
Do you ever come over here with friends who play golf, and do you know someone called Linda? If so, then I think I may have met you once at the Marina Bar - you were having a drink with Linda, but I might be totally wrong.

nigelmercier
07-06-2012, 10:39
Lovely Canoe Nigel - I can see it from my terrace! Hope it's in the water for the 26th or you won't be able to get to all that laundry very easily. Do you ever come over here with friends who play golf, and do you know someone called Linda? If so, then I think I may have met you once at the Marina Bar - you were having a drink with Linda, but I might be totally wrong.

Yes, she is in the water: that photo was taken in Lefkada, Greece. You must be very close if you can see her; what a wonderful view you must have.

I don't play Golf, I don't know Linda, and I don't drink. But always happy to meet ladies in bars ... :)

curlytop
07-06-2012, 17:57
Yes, she is in the water: that photo was taken in Lefkada, Greece. You must be very close if you can see her; what a wonderful view you must have.

I don't play Golf, I don't know Linda, and I don't drink. But always happy to meet ladies in bars ... :)

Must have been a similar boat out of the water and yes, I'm lucky to have such a fantastic view.
Regarding the ladies - I'm sure that if you go into any number of bars for a lemonade, your large canoe should impress many of them. Lots of luck with that one, I just hope it's easier than trying to find the laundry. :lol:

nigelmercier
07-06-2012, 23:55
your large canoe should impress many of them...
I thought size didn't matter :liar:

curlytop
08-06-2012, 13:03
I thought size didn't matter :liar:

Obviously you haven't managed to get a copy of this yet. Hope you know where the bookshop is. :whistle:

karinagal
08-06-2012, 13:52
Nigel, service wash 2,50€ per kilo. Depending on quantity, ready next day.

nigelmercier
08-06-2012, 22:41
Nigel, service wash 2,50€ per kilo. Depending on quantity, ready next day.
Thank you, that's good to know.

karinagal
19-07-2012, 22:15
Did you find the laundry yet? :D

nigelmercier
20-07-2012, 09:41
Did you find the laundry yet? :D

I did, many thanks. I even did a guide for my crew to find it, here (http://www.dolcetto.org.uk/downloads/How%20to%20get%20to%20the%20Laundry%20near%20Marin a%20San%20Miguel.pdf).

viv
20-07-2012, 11:06
There is the self service at the entrance to the marina.. I told very reasonable..

Mr Clean located on Green Park is the only other one I know of. If you speak to them they may pick up from you. Sorry don't know how much they charge.

kingbaker
20-07-2012, 11:47
There is the self service at the entrance to the marina.. I told very reasonable..

Mr Clean located on Green Park is the only other one I know of. If you speak to them they may pick up from you. Sorry don't know how much they charge.

I use Mr Clean in Green Park, and they always do a great job for me......... Ken and Marie run it and I think that a large laundry bag-full (washed/dried/folded) cost about €10 I'm sure that they would deliver locally if you asked them.
Sorry I've lost their number....might try Google!!!:doh:

viv
20-07-2012, 13:53
I have the number... Ken & Marie's number (mr clean green park) is 922738054 pm me for mobile #

kingbaker
20-07-2012, 15:42
I have the number... Ken & Marie's number (mr clean green park) is 922738054 pm me for mobile #

Tanks viv .....in my phone now also!!:bowdown:

carpenter
20-07-2012, 16:06

Interesting avatar Nigel!

nigelmercier
21-07-2012, 08:48
I use Mr Clean in Green Park...

At the risk of being accused of "taking the michael" (I'm not), where is Green Park?

I've Googled Mr Clean to try and find a email address or fax number (I'm in the UK at the moment). Anyone got this info?

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Interesting avatar Nigel!

It was taken in Berlin a few years ago, when I was drinking!

carpenter
21-07-2012, 11:35
At the risk of being accused of "taking the michael" (I'm not), where is Green Park?

I've Googled Mr Clean to try and find a email address or fax number (I'm in the UK at the moment). Anyone got this info?

Green park is a delightful complex opposite Grandee O Donnell's on the Golf Del Sur. If you head out of the marina and up to the 1st roundabout you'll see the back of Green Park over to your right. Take the 1st right after the roundabout drive over the barranco and you come to the Glof del Sur 1 way system. Turn right again joining the flow of traffic and it's a couple a hundred yards down you guessed it on the right.