PDA

View Full Version : How much reality TV is "Manufactured"?

DaveRF
13-06-2011, 22:54
I'm talking about the likes of The Hotel Inspector and the latest one The Restaurant Inspector. In case you haven't seen them they are failing business where a successful expert from that line of business comes in offering advice and a complete revamp.

The format is always the same. The business owner gets all shirty and takes offence at the suggestions offered and a verbal fight ensues. Then they all come round pull together and work wonders.

I have to ask though as a failing business owner would you get nasty and angry with someone who is very successful and trying to give good advice? I'm sure the people are told to get all defensive and stroppy just for the sake of the cameras in the name of so called interesting TV.

We've just watched the Restaurant Inspector tonight for the first time and won't be watching again. I'm offended by the programme makers thinking we would be so gullible to think this is real TV. Utter Tosh.:fryingpan:

caroletenerife
13-06-2011, 23:17
i think these programmes have a very short shelf life, they are innovitive at first but gets monotonous. The secret millionaire was excellent and i actually think it benefitted the rich as much as the poor. but lets face it, if someone turned up to volunteer with a 'film crew' you would know what it was about.

atlantico
14-06-2011, 00:02
100% (maybe only 99%) is manufactured !

but I wouldn't really now, I don't watch that rubbish

caroletenerife
14-06-2011, 00:10
There was a series about CEO's going in their workplaces undercover to actually see how they operate in reality, cant remember the name...that was a good series

with cheese
14-06-2011, 00:14
They should have a kind of big brother for people with Turrets.

They should have a kind of big brother for people with Turrets.

Sorry they have HELLS KITCHEN

Tojack
14-06-2011, 00:17
Undercover boss

with cheese
14-06-2011, 00:20
Your Boss knows already

sundownersvince
14-06-2011, 00:25
No, shes asleep.