PDA

View Full Version : Utilities Which washing machine should I buy new in Tenerife?

Cruise
31-05-2012, 15:52
Hi all,

Your Opinion
On buying a new washing machine in South Tenerife ...Whch Make , Model No. would you recommend , that has a long life and is easier to get parts in future, if neccessary. Not wanting to spend more than 300E. Thanks in advance.

candy2411
31-05-2012, 16:51
You should have no problem getting a washing machine under 300 euros from many outlets, Worten at Las Chafiras or the big electric store at El Camison will have lots of brands.

A lot of manufacturers offer a 2year guarantee and whether parts are available or not is really only an issue if you can fix it yourself.My experience has been that to call a repairer plus the costs of parts is false economy, as long as the machine has lasted a few years its better to scrap and buy new.

My current machine is Whitestone , made in S America I think.It cost under 250 euros with a 2 year guarantee, has given no problem and I've had it 6 years.

My place is in Silencio so I tend to get any white goods from Torres at Las Rosas, wonderful service, they deliver same day at no delivery charge.

good luck with your purchase

junglejim
31-05-2012, 17:34
We bough a Lynx Tl 730 toploader - 5kg max load from Electrocris in El Camison a couple of years ago , think it was around €260 .
Easy to use and varied programmes - just remember to close internal drum !

macdonald5
31-05-2012, 19:31
We bough a Lynx Tl 730 toploader - 5kg max load from Electrocris in El Camison a couple of years ago , think it was around €260 .
Easy to use and varied programmes - just remember to close internal drum !

Personal opinion only but I find top loaders very hard on clothes,advantage is easy to add another item but have had finer clothes decimated by top loaders
Candy front loader has short 29 ? Minute cycle often enough to freshen
Not too dirty clothes. Has longer wash cycles for dirtier items
Maybe prejudiced as have Hoover/ Candy here in Scotland

bonitatime
31-05-2012, 20:47
We have one of those Candy washers and seldom use anything but the 29 min cycle

www.soydeltete.es

warbey
31-05-2012, 20:53
We have one of those Candy washers and seldom use anything but the 29 min cycle

www.soydeltete.es

Wish We had the choice. Ours goes for ever.

junglejim
01-06-2012, 00:27
Never really had a problem with Lynx / has a short 40C cycle too !
Ideal size for the space available in our bathroom was another factor though we could fit a front loader.

carolethatch
01-06-2012, 10:46
I think one of the most important things, with any make is to use an anti-cal tablet to protect from the calcium build up.

nigelmercier
03-06-2012, 11:17
I was once told by a washing machine engineer that you had two choices: buy any model that is cheap and dump it when it breaks, or buy an AEG and it will outlast you.

Suej
03-06-2012, 13:49
Our friends bought a BEKO front loader 6 years ago for their apartment here, has a quick wash plus a half load wash! they prefer it to the Bosch one they have got at home in UK! :laundry: