PDA

View Full Version : Monkey Park Zoo, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

Zara
29-05-2011, 19:29
Gotta be one of the cheapest attractions on the island and brilliant
Monkey Park Zoo (http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/2011/01/24/monkey-park-zoo-los-cristianos/)

Chris P. Bacon
29-05-2011, 19:30
We love Monkey Park! feeding the animals and strolling around. It's a great outing indeed

Tinkabel
29-05-2011, 21:00
Love the Monkey Zoo Park it's a lovely inexpensive way to spend a couple of hours and a great chance to really interact with the animals.

marbro8
29-05-2011, 21:51
We love Monkey Park! feeding the animals and strolling around. It's a great outing indeedit is brill, but next time we go we will take some fruit cus they are very choosy what they eat lol

CIM
29-05-2011, 21:55
Been 3 times - great afternoon out with the kids. The monkey enclosures are always the highlight. Take some grapes with you - they like them a lot!

marbro8
29-05-2011, 22:01
Been 3 times - great afternoon out with the kids. The monkey enclosures are always the highlight. Take some grapes with you - they like them a lot!and we where told that if you take bottled water for the chimps they will drink it and refill the bottles at their tap lol and come back and spit it at you:crylaughing:

celtic2thecore
30-05-2011, 13:18
Went there the last time i was there. :D

Bob_W
30-05-2011, 13:32
We have been a few times and it is a fantastic experience.The tip we picked up was to go early in the morning and take raisins,apricots,grapes and bananas( all borrowed from the hotel breakfast bar).If you take these then you will be a monkey magnet.We also bought the food at the entrance and this was a big hit with the parrots and gerbils.Just be a bit careful with smaller children and the baboons,they can be a bit scary.All in all a relatively cheap day out for the fun you get.
Im not sure about buses, but when we went it cost 5 euro going and 4 euro coming back in a taxi.This was from Las Americas.:):):)

Zara
30-05-2011, 13:40
Went there the last time i was there. :D

And.......... did you like it?

It is also good to take a bag of monkey nuts (no pun intended) you get a huge bag at the supermarket for under a Euro and the little spider monkeys sit on your shoulder while they break the shells. In fact all the monkeys including the chimps love the nuts. Maybe that's how they got their name!

Bonnie1964
30-05-2011, 15:55
We go every year and love it always take bananas and grapes which they love.....have some great pics of small monkeys jumping all over my daughters,look forward to going back when we're over next week:)

Sal
30-05-2011, 16:11
We too love Monkey Park especially being able to mix with the spider monkeys and lemurs.
Easy to get to from Los Cristianos too!

celtic2thecore
31-05-2011, 15:32
Yeah it was good :D might go back next month when i go.

ChloeLouise
02-06-2011, 21:53
Iv never heard of this but I am definately going to visit this place :D it sounds fun! Thanks guys!

Christine12
03-06-2011, 10:02
Really a great morning or afternoon out. When its hot go in the mornings as they want to sleep later on. My favorite are the Lima's which will come
and sit next to you and let you stroke them. Have some fruit/grapes but be careful if any are up in the tree's as they just pe. on you!!

Zara
03-06-2011, 10:29
Really a great morning or afternoon out. When its hot go in the mornings as they want to sleep later on. My favorite are the Lima's which will come
and sit next to you and let you stroke them. Have some fruit/grapes but be careful if any are up in the tree's as they just pe. on you!!

I like the Lemurs too Christine

Malteser Monkey
03-06-2011, 10:37
:pExploitation !!!!!!

Zara
03-06-2011, 10:42

They are not performing they are doing what comes naturally ! - you bored Monkey :hit: does that boss of yours never give you any work to do :whip:

Cat Woman
03-06-2011, 11:04
Fantastic place, I love it, Ive been a couple of times and will go again. I love the fact that they are free to roam about in their big enclosures, they are not in small cages and you can join some of them. All the animals look happy and content. We always take loads of fruit and a big bag of nuts. I love monkies, my third favorite animal after cats and dogs. You do have to be careful though as they can be quite mischievous and all sorts can land on you,;) but they are only doing what comes natural.

tracey_in_tenerife
03-06-2011, 11:14
They was building what looked like a cafe and shop last time my mother in law went a couple of months ago, has that been completed? thats what the monkey park was lacking, love taking the kids there

Malteser Monkey
03-06-2011, 11:23
They are not performing they are doing what comes naturally ! - you bored Monkey :hit: does that boss of yours never give you any work to do :whip:

I am busy busy off at 12, have you not noticed I have only made 1 or 2 posts !!! :crazy:

Zara
03-06-2011, 11:39
I am busy busy off at 12, have you not noticed I have only made 1 or 2 posts !!! :crazy:

Pub lunch???????

cainaries
03-06-2011, 11:43

Everyone on the forum loves you, MM, and they are bringing you endless supplies of fruit and nuts. What more could you possibly want?

Malteser Monkey
03-06-2011, 11:44
Pub lunch???????

nope ! not telling you na na na

Zara
03-06-2011, 11:46
Everyone on the forum loves you, MM, and they are bringing you endless supplies of fruit and nuts. What more could you possibly want?

Please stop she is nutty enough .:whistle:

power_scouse
22-08-2011, 08:42
i got told this place had shut down, glad it hasent. we went there in 2009 and looking forward to going back in december.

karinagal
22-08-2011, 10:39
i got told this place had shut down, glad it hasent. we went there in 2009 and looking forward to going back in december.

We're going to visit this when we're over in a couple of weeks. Need to remember to take grapes to feed them - they're fussy little blighters and most of the little ones turn their noses up at the stuff you can buy at the park!!

Pink shoes
22-08-2011, 11:12
Hi all, Oh and I went to monkey park a few seasons ago....we would not go back unless it has changed alot?
Is the little rodent glass fronted cage still there ? I think it was hamsters...hundreds and hundreds in one cage on top of each other with no space or breading control.
There was also the large black cat that paced up and down the front of the glass wall.
The little cute monkeys in the walk through enclosure that sit and wait to be given fruit. Little thieves nicked my flower from my pony tail. I hear they also like sunglasses and have a collection up in those trees.
Nope not for us.

Worldwalker
22-08-2011, 12:21
Hi all, Oh and I went to monkey park a few seasons ago....we would not go back unless it has changed alot?
Is the little rodent glass fronted cage still there ? I think it was hamsters...hundreds and hundreds in one cage on top of each other with no space or breading control.
There was also the large black cat that paced up and down the front of the glass wall.
The little cute monkeys in the walk through enclosure that sit and wait to be given fruit. Little thieves nicked my flower from my pony tail. I hear they also like sunglasses and have a collection up in those trees.
Nope not for us.

I can only agree. I think the only animals, which are treated in a more or less acceptable way are the monkeys. All the the other animals live in small cages. This is not a acceptable treatment.

karinagal
22-08-2011, 21:57
Don't remember seeing any rodents or similar in less than humane enclosures? Maybe there have been changes made?

atlantico
22-08-2011, 23:15
last time we went, I had to complain to staff.

We bought nuts and seeds etc at the entrance to feed the little monkeys, but they just weren't interested

Half hour later we found out why !

3 Spanish / local families were ahead of us, feeding them.

So we overtook them, but the monkeys just ran past us and straight to them !

My Sherlock Holmes hat came on, and I went for a sneaky look.

ALL 3 FAMILIES were feeding them Jelly Babies !! They said the monkeys liked them best ! Of course they do, imbeciles !! (I said in my head)

Went to speak to staff and they just shrugged their shoulders and agreed with the families. Never been back

power_scouse
26-08-2011, 22:51
love this place me, only place you can get up close and personal to wild animals.

miketikolo
11-04-2012, 09:37
We really like Horse Park! providing the creatures and walking around. It's an excellent getaway indeed

Happy Days
11-04-2012, 11:24
We went to the Monkey Park last Sunday. At 10€ per person...excellent value, and the Monkeys are lovely.

But my Girlfriend kept singing this song -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_sfnQDr1-o

Now I can get it out of my head...