PDA

View Full Version : Is it really going to rain in Tenerife?

Sandyscot
03-06-2012, 15:54
I'm going to Playa de las Americas from 8 - 15 June and keep checking the weather forecast and all I see is rain. I've gone many times and had lots of clouds but never rain for a week? What's the forecast please, from the Spanish TV?:crying2:

Santiago
03-06-2012, 16:26
Have a look at this animated map of the Atlantic. You will be able to see where the cloud is and this will give an indication of what the weather is going to be like in the Canaries! http://www.intellicast.com/Global/Satellite/Infrared.aspx?region=hiatlsat&animate=true

This is the Intellicast forecast for the next ten days and if you watch it daily you will hopefully see little change - but no guarantees! http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=SPXX0210

Whatever, I hope you enjoy yourselves!

Suej
03-06-2012, 16:41
I'm going to Playa de las Americas from 8 - 15 June and keep checking the weather forecast and all I see is rain. I've gone many times and had lots of clouds but never rain for a week? What's the forecast please, from the Spanish TV?:crying2:

What ever happens with the weather you can't change it! So don't worry I'm sure you will get plenty of sunshine! Enjoy your holiday!!!:D

Sandyscot
03-06-2012, 16:51
Thank you very much. Not looking good, is it? I'm taking my cousin on her first trip to Tenerife so want sun!!

Added after 3 minutes:

Thanks, fingers crossed. If it rains, I might have to join Alcoholics Anonymous when I return. :laugh:

Added after 26 minutes:

Second link looks hopeful so will stick with that site and not the ones showing rain. :)

chifleta
03-06-2012, 17:23
http://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/prediccion/municipios/arona-id38006

Sandyscot
03-06-2012, 17:27
Thank you very much. Looking more promising. :)

chifleta
03-06-2012, 18:08
to tell the truth, we'd love a good old downpour LOL

Sandyscot
03-06-2012, 18:10
I bet you would so come to the UK!!! If I lived there, I would love some rain too.

chifleta
03-06-2012, 20:05
I bet you would so come to the UK!!! If I lived there, I would love some rain too.

yup, but saving money this year, so the family will have to come visit me here :)

Sandyscot
03-06-2012, 20:14
Just need to go under the garden hose.

Dem
04-06-2012, 13:49

I'm going there at the same time. Looking online it looks varied. Nevermind though, it will be dry inside the clubs and pubs :)

Sandyscot
04-06-2012, 13:55
That's my thinking but I could stay in Scotland and do the same. It doesn't seem as bad as first forecat and it will be a change. Where are you flying from? I'm flying from Glasgow.

OOPS! See you're from Wales.

Dem
04-06-2012, 13:59
That's my thinking but I could stay in Scotland and do the same. It doesn't seem as bad as first forecat and it will be a change. Where are you flying from? I'm flying from Glasgow.

OOPS! See you're from Wales.

Likewise. Forecast for Wales next week is rain lol. So even the remote chance it wont rain is better :p We are flying from Bristol. Where are you staying.?

Sandyscot
04-06-2012, 14:03
We've had nice weather, for a change. Staying in Parque Santiago 2. I always seem to go somewhere different.

Dem
04-06-2012, 14:07
We've had nice weather, for a change. Staying in Parque Santiago 2. I always seem to go somewhere different.

http://www.zoover.co.uk/spain/tenerife/playa-de-las-americas/weather

I like the sound of that one. :)
Nice we are in Hacienda del sol.

Sandyscot
04-06-2012, 14:13
Haven't stayed in that one. I like at the front and like to avoid direct centre as I'm old now. :D Long gone are the Veronica's days.

Dem
04-06-2012, 17:31
Haven't stayed in that one. I like at the front and like to avoid direct centre as I'm old now. :D Long gone are the Veronica's days.

You're never too old.

Sandyscot
04-06-2012, 17:33
I am, for Veronica's thank goodness. Never liked it, when I was young enough to go there.

MummyJ
04-06-2012, 18:42
forecast rain for thursday in the paper - had some rain yesterday up the mountains but never actually rained in los cris

Sandyscot
04-06-2012, 22:43
Yes, I saw that, on a forecast, thanks. Let in stay in the mountains.:thanx::sunshine::sunshine::sunshine::be ach::beach: