PDA

View Full Version : Are there any direct flights from London Heathrow to Tenerife?

magicsponge
04-06-2012, 10:58
Hi Guys does anyone know if there are direct flights to London Heathrow from Tenerife:wave:

grumps
04-06-2012, 11:03
No m8...its Gatwick then the shuttle bus...a good site to check flights is skyscanner.com

willowlily
04-06-2012, 11:24
Hi Guys does anyone know if there are direct flights to London Heathrow from Tenerife:wave:

it has been quite a few years since being able to fly directly from heathrow
as magicsponge says gatwick or stanstead may be nearer also bournemouth, exeter and bristol depends where you live in the south, ryanair flies from most of these airports but not gatwick. there are no premium flights anymore and the level of service is not much different whomever you choose to fly with. ryanair is usually the cheapest and you do have 10 kilo hand luggage inc the ticket price

magicsponge
04-06-2012, 11:55
Thanks guys appricate the replys

casabonny
04-06-2012, 15:04
Not a direct flight but via Madrid with Iberia to Heathrow is still available as far as I know .

cainaries
04-06-2012, 16:32
Not a direct flight but via Madrid with Iberia to Heathrow is still available as far as I know .

Yes, looks like it, casabonny. Flight goes from Tenerife North airport. If it works the same way as the flight from La Palma you can check your bags all the way through and you don't have to change terminals in Madrid so, apart from the inevitable delays, it is pretty easy.

junglejim
05-06-2012, 10:49
Yes, looks like it, casabonny. Flight goes from Tenerife North airport. If it works the same way as the flight from La Palma you can check your bags all the way through and you don't have to change terminals in Madrid so, apart from the inevitable delays, it is pretty easy.
Not that keen on Madrid Aiport ! I lost 2 suitcases on transit there never seen them again , itīs rumoured to be one of the poorest at doing luggage transfers .
when I did my transfer there were suitcases lying everywhere in collection area !

bonitatime
05-06-2012, 21:41
I try never to transfer luggage in Madrid
I prefer to pick it up and re checkin if I can

www.soydeltete.es

cainaries
05-06-2012, 22:44
I'm really tempting fate by saying I've never had any problems, aren't I? Except when I miss the connection coming back this way. I do stand over the check-in people here to make sure it's got both labels on.

sunseeker
05-06-2012, 23:08
i havent ever had a problem to.

Megaloo
06-06-2012, 08:50
Neither have I had a problem and I used to travel via Madrid most times when visiting England until last year when the fares were quite a bit more expensive than direct from South. So have gone direct from South on last 2 visits

junglejim
06-06-2012, 13:10
I try never to transfer luggage in Madrid
I prefer to pick it up and re checkin if I can

www.soydeltete.es

I did! I picked up my luggage in Barajas and booked in for flight to Santiago de Compostela - when I got there only my holdall with my study books and notes turned up( luckily) - my other bags with clothes and meds disappeared!

minimadmandy
07-06-2012, 09:10

We have done the Heathrow via Madrid flights and never again. Our luggage was lost twice. Madrid is the worst airport for loosing luggage, only have to look online and see all the complaints. Also Iberia have this great habit of letting you book the flight and time you want (paying more for good flight times) and then bumping you at the last minute onto the flight with the worst times despite you paying more! They have done this to us virtually every time we have flown with them.

Saltnpepper
07-06-2012, 12:06
I read last year in one of the papers that there was talk of introducing a direct Heathrow-Tenerife flight, don't recall which airline now, but nothing's ever happened unfortunately. Would be great for us if there was one! We always fly into Gatwick & either get picked up or get the airport bus to Heathrow - cost us about Ģ23 quid each & that was a couple of years ago.

willowlily
07-06-2012, 13:02
I read last year in one of the papers that there was talk of introducing a direct Heathrow-Tenerife flight, don't recall which airline now, but nothing's ever happened unfortunately. Would be great for us if there was one! We always fly into Gatwick & either get picked up or get the airport bus to Heathrow - cost us about Ģ23 quid each & that was a couple of years ago.

the reason they stopped direct flight to tenerife is because there are no landing slots heathrow is 99.90% full thus making these rare slots a commodity to sell to other airlines at a really huge profit. airlines make these decisions often and if they think that no passengers will be lost as they will go to other airports and keep their heathrow slots for long haul or as a hub to other european airports that offer onward long haul travel.
for example i was booking a flight to lima peru this year and there are no direct flights from any uk airport,demand not worth the expensive slots, i then have a choice heathrow to paris, amsterdam or madrid then dirert from either of these airport to lima. heathrow needs to expand for any more slots to be available before we can hope for a heathrow-tenerife direct flight