PDA

View Full Version : Television Can I get UK satellite TV in Tenerife?

magicsponge
04-06-2012, 12:09
Hi Guys
I have a private apartment on a complex with limited uk tv..is there anyway to receive uk tv apart from the basic BBC/itv Channels ?

Magic Sponge

clairesduddy
03-07-2012, 13:39
There is Tenerife Telecom (and other companies) that provide English tv via the internet you get BBC 1, 2, 3, News 24, ITV 1, 2, 3, 4, Ch 4, 5, E4 and a few more for 30 euros a month here is a link http://www.tenerifetelecom.com/iptv-internet-protocol-television/iptv-internet-protocol-television

You can also download tv series to watch online; here are some sites www.tvlinks.eu and www.freeonlineepisodes.net.

Or you could stream live tv from the internet.

Hope it helps!

carpenter
03-07-2012, 14:41
Someone that I know that comes out here a few times a year live streams it somehow from his UK sat receiver to his computer here in Tenerife and then onto his TV. A lot cheaper doing it this way if you are not a permanent resident.
IP TV is the best way forward if you don't have access to a 3 meter dish.

grumps
03-07-2012, 14:44
Someone that I know that comes out here a few times a year live streams it somehow from his UK sat receiver to his computer here in Tenerife and then onto his TV. A lot cheaper doing it this way if you are not a permanent resident.
IP TV is the best way forward if you don't have access to a 3 meter dish.

Yes a Slingbox will do that..the only trouble it is reliant on your internet speed both here and the uk.

carpenter
03-07-2012, 15:06
Yes a Slingbox will do that..the only trouble it is reliant on your internet speed both here and the uk.

That's it a slingbox thanks for that I couldn't remember.

chifleta
03-07-2012, 18:24
i watch online filmon.com .... best to register, and always click on the "free SD" option to get unlimited viewing.....

karinagal
03-07-2012, 18:42
Grumps/Carpenter please tell me more about the Slingbox.. Now that I'm getting decent speeds in the uk, it might be worth investing in..

carpenter
03-07-2012, 20:09
Grumps/Carpenter please tell me more about the Slingbox.. Now that I'm getting decent speeds in the uk, it might be worth investing in..

Sorry I don't know the science behind it. It would probably be better to ask this question in a self titled thread unless someone else can help.
As far as I know it's simply a box similar to a standard sat receiver that sends all your program info from your UK system to a computer or internet device anywhere in the world. I'm pretty sure you don't need any special receiving equipment this end.