PDA

View Full Version : Sun 10th June Play-Off 2nd Leg Tenerife vs Linense

Fred Perry
04-06-2012, 15:30
SUNDAY 10TH JUNE
KICK OFF MIDDAY

PLAY OFF SEMI FINAL 2ND LEG

CD TENERIFE vs LINENSE (first leg 1-0 to Tenerife)

The blanquiazules have it all in their favour to qualify for the Final and a possible promotion place. But without maximum concentration this could turn into a tricky game as Linense have nothing to lose and a quick away goal by the away side changes the whole nature of the tie.

Season ticket holders do not need to pay any extra for this game.
Another nice touch by the Club. Match prices are as for a normal match day.

Cannot wait, should be a cracker. :yum:

seanocelt
04-06-2012, 15:53
Shoud CD Tenerife win, then lose the final (is the final a 2 leg job?) is that promotion scuppered or is there a further play off? Have read a few sites take on it but still confused. Thanks, Sean.

Fred Perry
04-06-2012, 19:07
That is correct Dave. IF we get through we can only play Albacete, CD Lugo, Lucena(from Cordoba region) or Ponferradina. If drawn against Albacete, Lugo or Lucena it will be away first and home one week later. If it is Ponferradina; depends how comes out of hat (as they finished 2nd in their league same as CDT)

The reason being is that the remaining teams will be drawn according to their final league position (so advantage given to higher placed teams). We cannot play Cadiz as they topped their league.
Lucena finished third and Ponferradina second. Where possible we will avoid teams that played in our league this season;

They all play Sat. evening so we will know our possible rivals.

KirstyJay
04-06-2012, 21:24
Good to know we will probably be at home for the final game, should we get that far (don't want to tempt fate) as we a) don't want an away game because if you go Fred, we're bound to lose. :D and b) We couldn't afford to go to the away game and would hate to have the 'Girona' feeling again!

At least if we go up, we go up in the Heliodoro and the party will be then and there in Santa Cruz. :)

Dandy Don
04-06-2012, 21:26
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/european-football/spain/la-liga-segunda-b

Fred Perry
10-06-2012, 08:28
If Lugo go through (they play at 11am and are 3-1 up from first leg against At. Baleares) we will play them. And importantly the 2nd leg will be at home. That is ofcourse if we go through!

If Lugo lose the tie, we will play Cadiz or Ponferradina(draw tomorrow).

primrose
10-06-2012, 10:04
Link to the Match. http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/126204/1/watch-cd-tenerife-vs-linense.html

Shugstar63
10-06-2012, 11:37
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/european-football/spain/la-liga-segunda-b

Is it worth a few euros on CDT ? I have a few quid in my betting account burning a hole in my pocket !

Slim Angel
10-06-2012, 12:33
Now 1 - 1. Squeaky bum time!!!!!!

FinnKris
10-06-2012, 12:51
2-2 at half time, what a topsy turvy game this is.

First we score very early through Kike L after a nice pass by Perona, they equalize (no idea how as my stream died), we then manage to get ahead through V Bravo to only concede moments later after a poorly defended free kick. Was really hoping we would be 2-1 at half time, now it's going to be a very very nervy second half...

Shugstar63
10-06-2012, 13:35
CDT could really do with a goal here !

canary boy
10-06-2012, 13:46
my stream has conked out please tell me whats happening how long to go?

Shugstar63
10-06-2012, 13:50
Get innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !

FinnKris
3-2 to CDT!!!!! with minutes to go

Shugstar63
3-2 Tenerife

Slim Angel
3 - 2 CDT. Roll on next week.

FinnKris
10-06-2012, 13:55
3-2 to CDT the Final Score. Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Bring on next week & the promotion finals!!!!

What drama, what a nerve-racking game, Victor Bravo got sent off for a second yellow midway through the second half & it looked like a very rocky road from there. Thankfully the ref gave a second yellow to a visitor player not long after, but still one goal to the visitors & they would be in the lead. Somehow we managed to hold on & Kike L scored the liberating goal late on to seal the deal.

Added after 5 minutes:

My stream was really poor most of the game, but from what I saw a very open game & boy what drama! Just fantastic that we are through & in with a chance of promotion. 14,329 spectators there witnessing & enjoying a remarkable game, really wish I was one of them, must be quite the party atmosphere, although obviously nothing like it might be in a few weeks time.

Early comments suggesting we will play SD Ponferradina in the finals, not sure if that is accurate though?

Manx Tartan
10-06-2012, 14:05
Bloody hell .. Edge of the seat stuff there. :bowdown:
Still we live on to the next round. :c2:

seanocelt
10-06-2012, 14:13
Great game , 2 fairly equal sides, but a great goal to secure the tie, and what timing. Ref was a bit suspect, needed cops to protect him at the end, the 2nd yellow was rediculous for the Linense red card. What happened after CDT's 3 rd goal? A Linense guy was lead off screaming abuse, in tears, making gestures at the ref?

canary boy
10-06-2012, 14:27
Holy cow! So can we have some clarity on opponents in the final and where and when its taking place?

CaribeCelt
10-06-2012, 15:58
WEll done CDT.
Tried watching the match but the link kept freezing.

YOUNG GOLFER
10-06-2012, 16:26
Wow what a tough match to watch....ref was a joke did not go down to well with both teams.
CDT played the best in both matches so right to go through to next round which i think is drawn on Monday.
Around 14,400 fans today a good turn out.
Have to say Tenerife are suspect when it comes set plays but apart from that not to much to worry about from the other team.
Good win.

Fred Perry
10-06-2012, 17:00
We will play Ponferradina in the FINAL. A draw will be made tomorrow to determine if we play at home first or second. Memorable today in the stadium and what a fantastic TIFO from the Frente Blanquiazul!!

‎"CHEERING FOR THE CLUB OF OUR FATHERīS - DEFENDING THE TEAM OF OUR LAND"

http://i47.tinypic.com/2z40axf.jpg

Becky
10-06-2012, 19:51
I'm a bit confused. Is Tenerife-Ponferradina the Final. What is the Cadiz-Lugo game about? Do the two winners meet at any stage to decide anything? In any case, Tenerife's group was clearly the strongest in the league. Of the top four, one has gone up (Castilla) and two are still in with a chance.

YOUNG GOLFER
10-06-2012, 19:59
I'm a bit confused. Is Tenerife-Ponferradina the Final. What is the Cadiz-Lugo game about? Do the two winners meet at any stage to decide anything? In any case, Tenerife's group was clearly the strongest in the league. Of the top four, one has gone up (Castilla) and two are still in with a chance.

Winners of both games go up Becky.

Fred Perry
11-06-2012, 10:26
http://i45.tinypic.com/bcy86.jpg

YOUNG GOLFER
11-06-2012, 12:28
Heres a link to yesterdays goals and sending offs or one of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwDyrZDe-Hw

Fred Perry
12-06-2012, 09:15
I put together this short video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2vvbf6MqlE&feature=BFa&list=HL1339488828