PDA

View Full Version : Other 13 to 16 years old looking for Summer Courses in Tenerife

Cruise
04-06-2012, 17:04
Hi all,

My friends sons and hopefully mine have agreed to do a course this Summer. We need help in finding one. Anyone knows of cooking, maintenance type, gardening, etc type of courses.any type.......Or else while we work they will be on the PS3...(.which is not good for them). Help.....Thanking you in advance.....The teenagers are fluent in Spanish and English.

Or if any professional in any industry, needs a cheap young helper....let me know

junglejim
04-06-2012, 17:53
Does this help
http://adeje.es/esp/1089_campamentos_de_verano.asp

Jackie
04-06-2012, 18:01
Loads of information on different courses for all ages in the Cultural Centre in Los Cristianos

Cruise
04-06-2012, 18:07
Does this help
http://adeje.es/esp/1089_campamentos_de_verano.asp

Thanks, but they have done those. since they were 3...and normally there is no one over 11 or 12 years old,.....Swimming and tennis and football we have in our complex..

Added after 7 minutes:

Loads of information on different courses for all ages in the Cultural Centre in Los Cristianos

I looked about a month ago, but only found languages.....That is like school.....Learning a trade is good for their future.....and different and it is something they want to learn or....... be a helper to someone

Jackie
04-06-2012, 18:50
Cruise they have loads of different courses..if there are no leaflets on display then ask at the desk and they will give you a list of them and the dates

Cruise
04-06-2012, 19:08
Cruise they have loads of different courses..if there are no leaflets on display then ask at the desk and they will give you a list of them and the dates

I did ask, they hardly do any courses for even the unemployed in Summer .

Jackie
04-06-2012, 19:43
I did ask, they hardly do any courses for even the unemployed in Summer .

Strange, Ashley's picked up loads of leaflets...

Cruise
04-06-2012, 19:52
Strange, Ashley's picked up loads of leaflets...

Ashley is over 18...and leaflets are easy to pick up.....most of those courses are in the winter and always limited space so if Ashley wants to do any, advise her to apply on the first day

KirstyJay
04-06-2012, 21:00
There tend to be fewer courses in summer, as people simply don't register for them... they're all on holidays in August! The best place to try is at your local employment office (desarollo de empleo) for the town hall you live under. If you draw a blank there, then you'll probably draw one everywhere.

You could see if a friend's bar would like an apprentice waiter or kitchen assistant or something, where they work just for tips a few hours a day? But I think they would be expected to have your signature as a parent allowing them to work and they would have to be contracted... maybe paying for this would be the equivalent of a course subscription fee though :)

Cruise
04-06-2012, 21:37
There tend to be fewer courses in summer, as people simply don't register for them... they're all on holidays in August! The best place to try is at your local employment office (desarollo de empleo) for the town hall you live under. If you draw a blank there, then you'll probably draw one everywhere.

You could see if a friend's bar would like an apprentice waiter or kitchen assistant or something, where they work just for tips a few hours a day? But I think they would be expected to have your signature as a parent allowing them to work and they would have to be contracted... maybe paying for this would be the equivalent of a course subscription fee though :)

The employment office don¨t have anything, as I asked already, so if anyone want an apprentice waiter, kitchen assistant for a few hours a day , for tips only, let me know or any other type of business too....... Or even if anyone knows of any private courses where they come out with a certificate,