PDA

View Full Version : Finance Why have I got an embargo on my bank account?

lopin
05-06-2012, 19:16
Can anyone advise me why there is an embargo on my account. I have paid all my taxes to the government and they still keep taking money from my account each month. Is there any recommendation of people on the forum that can help me. Thanks

Jackie
05-06-2012, 19:22
Is it for Council Tax or something similar? get a copy of the payment slip from your bank and take it to your Town Hall. The slip should have a reference number on it and they will tell you exactly what it's for.

seanocelt
05-06-2012, 19:22
They can embargo for non payment of basura/social etc. They are taking money...? who, the bank or government/company? Happened to me with basura for bar but the town hall made the error. I lost 100 bucks paying a lawyer for them to admit the mistake. You know me Lopin, so Pm/call me if i can help i will. Sean.

slodgedad
05-06-2012, 19:25
We have just had one.

Anything your name is attached to, bills etc., even if you are not aware, then as long as they have your NIE any account you have can be hit.

plancher
05-06-2012, 21:35
We have just had one.

Anything your name is attached to, bills etc., even if you are not aware, then as long as they have your NIE any account you have can be hit.
Nobody other than the government can place an embargo on your bank account and this can only be for non payment of taxes. Companies such as endessa, telephonica and other companies cannot issue embargo proceedings, whether they have NIE information or not.

timmylish
05-06-2012, 22:54
No matter who or who cannot, to-gether with banking uncertainties I would not keep two bob in bank a/c,s at the moment! Sufficient for S/O,s D/D,s et al but nada mas! Cash is the answer.

sunseeker
05-06-2012, 23:06
i agree. the only thing in my account is what needs to be.

Greg
05-06-2012, 23:08
speeding/parking and other traffic fines can be passed from traffico to the hacienda who issue an embargo. It could be you were caught by a hidden camera and they have embargoed you for the fine.

seanocelt
05-06-2012, 23:10
speeding/parking and other traffic fines can be passed from traffico to the hacienda who issue an embargo. It could be you were caught by a hidden camera and they have embargoed you for the fine.

Indeed. And they are busy doing so.

waveydavey
06-06-2012, 13:54
I have just had one for my car tax,the bank couldn't tell me so I went to Los Chris and they told me.

9PLUS
06-06-2012, 14:57
Question------->
Can anyone advise me why there is an embargo on my account. I have paid all my taxes to the government and they still keep taking money from my account each month. Is there any recommendation of people on the forum that can help me. Thanks

Answer--------->Go to your bank and ask who has taken the money out then ask them what it was for.

Cheers

x

slodgedad
05-07-2012, 19:29
Nobody other than the government can place an embargo on your bank account and this can only be for non payment of taxes. Companies such as endessa, telephonica and other companies cannot issue embargo proceedings, whether they have NIE information or not.

This is not entirely correct.

Our embargo was by our community, through the court, even though we had an arrangement with them.