PDA

View Full Version : Premium lagers in Tenerife.

tonypub
14-06-2011, 03:16
we all pay a price for what we are used to in the uk,the premier beers in most pubs and clubs.wouldnt you feel cheated if you got an inferior product to what you expect?today a brewery here on the rock confirmed to me all is not what it seems.so if someone offers you a pint of fosters for 3/3-50 euro,go for it.if you get offered something with a dark label on,its worth the same as local beer,cos its local:lol:

Balcony
14-06-2011, 18:11
I'm not so fussy in Tenerife about the beers. In general I just want a fresh-tasting drink to quench my thirst. Some local beers I don't like so I normally stick to Dorada, but I wouldn't pay the extra for the same stuff in a bottle.

Don't usually go for an English beer, but really do enjoy a Guiness now and then.

I tend to read 'Premium' as an excuse to charge more, not indicating a better quality beer. Maybe I'm wrong.

Balcony
23-06-2011, 17:58
I came across this thread again and it occurred to me in the UK that we had been drinking an Italian 'premium' beer of late - Bierra Moretti. I read the label more closely - a Heineken beer! Luckily brewed (it said) in Italy!

Lager beers seem more about 'brand' than anything else these days. In the UK you can drink beers from around the world, provided you don't mind them manufactured in the UK!

Lee_K_00
23-06-2011, 18:10
You can get a good variation of beers over here really cheap compared to back in England, especially in places like Spanish Style! But it's the same as anything, if you wanna wine and dine in expensive places then you pay expensive prices!

atlantico
23-06-2011, 18:28
point being made . . . . . .. Carling in Tenerife isn't the Carling we know. Its brewed in Spain/Tenerife ??

tonypub
23-06-2011, 18:38
point being made . . . . . .. Carling in Tenerife isn't the Carling we know. Its brewed in Spain/Tenerife ??correct

atlantico
23-06-2011, 19:17
see . . . . ....... . . . . ........ . . . . . I named and shamed !!

doreen
23-06-2011, 19:33
point being made . . . . . .. Carling in Tenerife isn't the Carling we know. Its brewed in Spain/Tenerife ??

I wondered about that, given the price on offer from suppliers ... but does that make it less acceptable ...

I'm not a beer drinker, so just asking ... knowing that not all Guinness is brewed in Dublin :)

atlantico
23-06-2011, 20:18
true lager drinkers . . . . . . couldn't tell the difference between the two , , , , , they both taste like Dorada (but hear its San Miguel who market it) . . . . . wonder why THAT is ?

It becomes acceptable when the producers/brewers in each country adhere to the exact same recipes and procedures in the beers production, but alas in some countries they either can't, because the water will always taste different , won't or their countries regulations stipulate certain criteria that influence things such as ingredients etc.(British malts will taste different to Spanish ones) Scotch Whiskey, I'm told, can vary in taste if its made closer to the sea , for example.

I drink whatever I'm given !"!

tonypub
23-06-2011, 20:29
its unacceptable when breweries/bars charge as if its an imported beer,which is obviously more expensive

I wondered about that, given the price on offer from suppliers ... but does that make it less acceptable ...

I'm not a beer drinker, so just asking ... knowing that not all Guinness is brewed in Dublin :)the price of guinness in tenerife?now thats a cartel bigger than opec.but i wont play there game,greedy so n sos

angiebabe
23-06-2011, 20:40
I find most spanish beers leave a stale after taste in my mouth, be interesting to hear what others think , or if some can recommend one that's any different.

atlantico
23-06-2011, 21:02
I recommend . . . . . . drink it COLD and drink it QUICK !!

If you can avoid it touching the sides, then all's the better !

angiebabe
27-06-2011, 18:23
I recommend . . . . . . drink it COLD and drink it QUICK !!

If you can avoid it touching the sides, then all's the better !

Ido try my best. ha ha

poker
27-06-2011, 18:32
For the moment i like the Dorada ecpecial.
Its costs a bit more then the normal but not alot .
Bought some in the supermarket and came to 1,8€/l .

Sent using Tapatalk.

angiebabe
27-06-2011, 18:50
For the moment i like the Dorada ecpecial.
Its costs a bit more then the normal but not alot .
Bought some in the supermarket and came to 1,8€/l .

Sent using Tapatalk.ll
Will try this one next time i'm out in Tenerife.
Wil

with cheese
27-06-2011, 18:52
wash it down with another beer and loads of brandy

angiebabe
27-06-2011, 18:55
wash it down with another beer and loads of brandy

Someone after my own heart. lol