PDA

View Full Version : Selling our apartment

Balcony
06-06-2012, 16:30
At long last made up our mind to sell our apartment in Los Cristianos. It's a relief to get to this point.

Not the best time, but 'needs must' as they say. We need a larger place for lengthier stays.

Will be over in a month to start the ball rolling. Bringing my G/daugher with me and she promises to clean! Just got to make sure she enjoys herself.

woolli
06-06-2012, 21:08
Havent you had it on the market for the last 18 months? Price reduction I presume. Good luck with the sale.

Balcony
07-06-2012, 13:26
We have been thinking about selling for a while, but never got to the stage of placing the apartment with an agent, or doing a great deal to sell it ourselves. There always seemed something that changed our minds, but my wife has now fully agreed the way to go!

Until we place the apartment with an agent, if anyone does introduce a buyer to us we will be happy to show a financial appreciation on completion.

Suej
07-06-2012, 13:53
Is the apartment on a Residential or Holiday complex please Balcony? :)

mikew
07-06-2012, 15:37

Hi
We too have just made the same decision, to sell after 6 years.Ours is on a Tourist complex Costamar.
Give the variation in prices asked by agents we are not sure how to price it realistically.
One bedroom sea facing balcony.
Mike

YOUNG GOLFER
07-06-2012, 16:57
Hi
We too have just made the same decision, to sell after 6 years.Ours is on a Tourist complex Costamar.
Give the variation in prices asked by agents we are not sure how to price it realistically.
One bedroom sea facing balcony.
Mike

The most important thing you have to remember when selling your property is to look at the correct market value of your apartment in todays market.

This will mean you should research all properties on your complex look at the pricing and see how much they are up for sale.

Don't make the big mistake of overpricing your property just because someone on here or some friend or family member thinks it's worth more.
Unless of course he or she is going to buy it!

Stick to one price when listing it with agents (if you are) I have seen way to often the same property at different prices...which will not help.

Today's market is a buyer's market. The amount of property exceeds demand on many complexes meaning properties will take a lot longer to sell unless really well priced.

If you would like more help then why not drop me a pm, I run a successful agency and I know how to get sales in this market.:)

AL JAY
07-06-2012, 17:01
[QUOTE=Balcony;185107]We have been thinking about selling for a while, but never got to the stage of placing the apartment with an agent, or doing a great deal to sell it ourselves. There always seemed something that changed our minds, but my wife has now fully agreed the way to go!

Until we place the apartment with an agent, if anyone does introduce a buyer to us we will be happy to show a financial appreciation on completion.[/QUOTE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If i was you balcony i would get in touch with forum members C.I.M or Young Golfer for some advice as they are well respected on here and won't give you any bulls***!

p.s Had not seen YGs post above as we posted at similar time!

Balcony
07-06-2012, 20:40
Thanks YG. I had done some research on our complex. Though sometimes, as you say, I had to ignore some enterprising advice from fellow residents!

In my head I've set our asking and accepting value and happy now with the evaluation. I'm not out til next month, when I'll what is currently happening.

I was coming into you before .... between the bouts of should we/shouldn't we but now more positive to sell. Once I am a buyer again it's a hole new ball game. LOL.

I did have some exchanges with CIM b4, but we seem to have got off to a bad start, so..... we're moving forward now!

The most important thing you have to remember when selling your property is to look at the correct market value of your apartment in todays market.

This will mean you should research all properties on your complex look at the pricing and see how much they are up for sale.

Don't make the big mistake of overpricing your property just because someone on here or some friend or family member thinks it's worth more.
Unless of course he or she is going to buy it!

Stick to one price when listing it with agents (if you are) I have seen way to often the same property at different prices...which will not help.

Today's market is a buyer's market. The amount of property exceeds demand on many complexes meaning properties will take a lot longer to sell unless really well priced.

If you would like more help then why not drop me a pm, I run a successful agency and I know how to get sales in this market.:)

message sent

Sundowner
08-06-2012, 10:06
At long last made up our mind to sell our apartment in Los Cristianos. It's a relief to get to this point.

Not the best time, but 'needs must' as they say. We need a larger place for lengthier stays.Will be over in a month to start the ball rolling. Bringing my G/daugher with me and she promises to clean! Just got to make sure she enjoys herself.

In your case I think it is a good time to sell!

Property prices have fallen lets say 40%

You have 1 bed that was worth 100,000 Euro now worth 60,000 Euro.

You buy a bigger property which was worth 200,000 Euro now worth 120,000 Euro.

You are making a profit of 40,000 Euro:spin:

Ashok Patel
08-06-2012, 12:18
In your case I think it is a good time to sell!

Property prices have fallen lets say 40%

You have 1 bed that was worth 100,000 Euro now worth 60,000 Euro.

You buy a bigger property which was worth 200,000 Euro now worth 120,000 Euro.

You are making a profit of 40,000 Euro:spin:

not quite. please do not forget all selling fees and buying costs. the hassle facter and posible CGT

ashok