PDA

View Full Version : Rah Rah's is having a closing party in the Apolo Centre, Los Cristianos

willowlily
06-06-2012, 21:08
have just been informed that RAH RAHS in the apollo centre los cristianos is having it closing night party tonight, has anybody else heard any other info

Jackie
06-06-2012, 21:46
Heard a couple of weeks ago it was closing, just didn't know when

ruffus
06-06-2012, 22:38
Been there tonight, jolly good night, lots of tears. This was a good bar that we spent many a happy night in, but I am sure He will start another bar again soon, infact pretty soon. So watch this space

marbro8
06-06-2012, 23:03
Been there tonight, jolly good night, lots of tears. This was a good bar that we spent many a happy night in, but I am sure He will start another bar again soon, infact pretty soon. So watch this space a bit confused:confused: if he is thinking of opening another bar why is he shutting a seemingly successful one???

willowlily
06-06-2012, 23:09
a bit confused:confused: if he is thinking of opening another bar why is he shutting a seemingly successful one???

the landlord has decided to raise the rent to an unserviceable level and looking at all the empty premises available for less within a stones throw its a no brainer
the name, staff and fixtures can be moved

marbro8
06-06-2012, 23:18
the landlord has decided to raise the rent to an unserviceable level and looking at all the empty premises available for less within a stones throw its a no brainer
the name, staff and fixtures can be movedoh right, fair play to them then, that never ceases to amaze me, landlords in tenerife would rather have an empty property than lower the rent:doh:

seanocelt
06-06-2012, 23:59
madness, and i hope the greedy ones stay empty forever, happened to me , has happened to firends, keeps on doing so.

junglejim
07-06-2012, 05:07
madness, and i hope the greedy ones stay empty forever, happened to me , has happened to firends, keeps on doing so.
Yep same thing happened with Neighbours in Puerto Colon -girls were doing well but landlord got greedy - been sitting empty for nearly a year now!

cheery
07-06-2012, 08:41
That sort of thing never ceases to amaze me. Surely 90% of something is better than 100% of nothing. Okay, if the landlord is getting a hard time from lenders, banks or whoever but it is up to the landlord to tell his lenders that the tenant will walk if pressured. There was an article last night on the telly over here about a town in Spain which hadn't paid the staff for 5 months so they went on strike. The company was taken over, 100 of the staff were sacked and now some of them stand to lose their homes. What are the banks going to do with all these houses? No-one can get a loan to buy them, they will be at a cut price anyway and will no doubt stand empty while people live on the streets.

I think in the next year we are going to see big riots across Europe, the likes of which we have never seen.

Sorry about the thread drift but I got carried away!

seanocelt
07-06-2012, 13:03
That sort of thing never ceases to amaze me. Surely 90% of something is better than 100% of nothing. Okay, if the landlord is getting a hard time from lenders, banks or whoever but it is up to the landlord to tell his lenders that the tenant will walk if pressured. There was an article last night on the telly over here about a town in Spain which hadn't paid the staff for 5 months so they went on strike. The company was taken over, 100 of the staff were sacked and now some of them stand to lose their homes. What are the banks going to do with all these houses? No-one can get a loan to buy them, they will be at a cut price anyway and will no doubt stand empty while people live on the streets.

I think in the next year we are going to see big riots across Europe, the likes of which we have never seen.

Sorry about the thread drift but I got carried away!

THERE SPEAKS A MAN WITH AN APT USERNAME!! Thing is , he may be right.

9PLUS
07-06-2012, 14:11
I would advise the owner of Rah Rahs to moving very very carefully if investing again in C.C Apolo centre especially if it's another bar without a valid 1992 onward opening licence

DOREEN QUINN
08-06-2012, 13:05
I would advise the owner of Rah Rahs to moving very very carefully if investing again in C.C Apolo centre especially if it's another bar without a valid 1992 onward opening licence

There are very few bars left now on the Apolo, in the last few months around the car park area ( the back ) 5 premises have closed down.I dont know exactely how many have opening licences, but I bet not many.