PDA

View Full Version : Flights between TFS and LGW?

nigelmercier
06-06-2012, 22:33
I've been looking at flights between Gatwick (LGW) and TFS using SkyScanner; so far I've found easyJet, Monarch and Thompon. Are there any others I should look at, including charter airlines?

I'm told it is sometimes cheaper to book a package, even if you don't use the accommodation. Any thoughts?

cinnamon
06-06-2012, 23:17
thomson, easyjet and monarch are the only ones flying to tenerife south. :)

slodgedad
06-06-2012, 23:41
I've been looking at flights between Gatwick (LGW) and TFS using SkyScanner; so far I've found easyJet, Monarch and Thompon. Are there any others I should look at, including charter airlines?

I'm told it is sometimes cheaper to book a package, even if you don't use the accommodation. Any thoughts?

Amazingly sometimes it is.

When my father in law used to come and stay with us for an open ended visit he always found a return flight, or cheap package was the way to go.

Never used the return or accommodation. All he wanted was a single.

minimadmandy
07-06-2012, 08:55
Thomas Cook also fly to Tenerife South. Weirdly they have 2 web sites thomascook.com and flythomascook.com. The second one seems to have cheaper flights, the first uses its own planes and easyjet. Having used all of the airlines mentioned at some point to get to Tenerife we have always found the best prices to be Monarch. Unfortunately we always have to travel in school holidays so flight costs always extortionate. Thomson and easyjet always the most expensive!

Saltnpepper
07-06-2012, 12:09
There's also First Choice but they seem to use the same planes as Thomsons & are usually the same price. First Choice, Thomson & Thomas Cook I think only offer 5kgs hand luggage, whereas Monarch & Easyjet offer 10kgs. We usually go for Easyjet or Monarch whichever is the cheapest & more convenient time of day.

nigelmercier
07-06-2012, 23:51
hand luggage, whereas Monarch & Easyjet offer 10kgs...

Actually, easyJet hand luggage is unlimited weight, providing you can lift it into the locker. I used to fly with them a lot, so bought a bag exactly at their maximum size. I've had 25kg in there at times!

delderek
08-06-2012, 11:32
Actually, easyJet hand luggage is unlimited weight, providing you can lift it into the locker. I used to fly with them a lot, so bought a bag exactly at their maximum size. I've had 25kg in there at times!

Blimey, I have only managed 16kg, but that's enough to lift into the overhead locker (for me anyway).