PDA

View Full Version : Have any members used the Ryanair Credit Card?

candy2411
08-06-2012, 19:50
Just wondered if anyone used the Ryanair credit card......says if you spend £100 in the first 90 days you will be eligible for a FREE return flight, just have to pay relevant taxes and charges.

Sounds a really good offer, just wondering if there's a catch.

Any feedback would be appreciated,

Harmonicaman
08-06-2012, 20:16
Just wondered if anyone used the Ryanair credit card......says if you spend £100 in the first 90 days you will be eligible for a FREE return flight, just have to pay relevant taxes and charges.

Here's the small print...

"...**Terms & Conditions apply. There are 2 six month spend periods in a year. One runs from 11th December to 10th June inclusive and the other from 11th June to 10th December inclusive. Taxes, fees and charges will apply. Flight must be booked in the name of the cardholder except when 2 bonus flights are earned, both must be redeemed on the same flight on the same date and so one flight may be transferred to a nominated person. Other terms and conditions apply to the availability of flights which include a black out period and a minimum pre-booking time limit...."

Taken from Here (http://www.ryanair.com/GE/?banner=276&gemid1=276)

karinagal
08-06-2012, 20:51
I used my 'free' flight for my trip that I'm on at the moment - it cost me £89 return... The months of July and August are blackout months so no free flight during that time. And it doesn't matter if the flights are advertised as tax free if you're purchasing them direct, you still have to pay the relevant taxes. Effectively, the cheapest you'll pay for a 'free' flight is @£79. (per person)

I also think hubby tried to get a last minute free flight but was told you have to book 30 days in advance...

candy2411
08-06-2012, 21:16
I used my 'free' flight for my trip that I'm on at the moment - it cost me £89 return... The months of July and August are blackout months so no free flight during that time. And it doesn't matter if the flights are advertised as tax free if you're purchasing them direct, you still have to pay the relevant taxes. Effectively, the cheapest you'll pay for a 'free' flight is @£79. (per person)

I also think hubby tried to get a last minute free flight but was told you have to book 30 days in advance...

thanks for that Karina.You say your 'free' flight cost £89....if you'd just booked normally I wonder if it would have cost much more.

karinagal
08-06-2012, 21:38
Priced it - if I remember correctly, saved about £20.... Needed to use it up or it would have expired ....

lapalma
08-06-2012, 22:26

With all due respect to others,please do not think about or even touch a credit card with Uncle Micks main company Ryanair as this will not save you any cash,better sticking with Tesco................

candy2411
09-06-2012, 07:41
Santander administer the Ryanair card ....anyway just applied . You only have to spend £100 in 90 days , if pay in full no interest and no fee for the card.

I'll see how the 'free' flight offer goes, nothing ventured eh! won't have cost anything.:)