PDA

View Full Version : Does any one on here live in San Blas, Golf del Sur, Tenerife?

janine446
09-06-2012, 19:03
Hello all,

We have been looking at property on Residencial San Blas. Does anyone on the forum live on that paticular complex?
We really like the complex, but can anyone who lives on there let us know of positives and negatives.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

Janine :)

slodgedad
09-06-2012, 21:55
I have edited the title to get you more replies via google or whoever.

SuzyQ
10-06-2012, 01:37
BY Residencial San Blas do you mean the houses in San Blas Valley or the apartments on the commercial centre? :)

janine446
10-06-2012, 09:10
Hiya,
I meant the houses in san blas valley. I think it known as residencial san blas..
:)

Margaretta
15-06-2012, 16:45
We've looked enviously but are not sure how much 'garden' there is for each one. We read recently that there are plans to accelerate the beach project from San Blas to Los Abrigos but with the euro as it is.....

Think there are some timeshare properties there too but not heard anything bad. Please do let us know if you find out more.

janine446
16-06-2012, 15:29
Hola,

We viewed a property in residencia san blas for rent on Friday. It is beautiful and has a very large two tier garden/terrace. It is a front line and so, has a beautiful uninterrupted view of the sea. We have decided to rent there, we couldn't afford a front line one, but they have offers on the others. We have decided to rent, as we can get a really good feel for the place that way, and see if we like living in the san blas/golf de sur area, which I am sure we will.
I can't wait to see that view everyday and look forward to meeting new people who live in the golf.
xxxx

Quinlk
01-08-2012, 21:34
Hi Janine,only joined the forum few days ago,have lived here since April and are happy here,a lot of houses empty on our complex though! Are ye living here long term? Hope ye are settling in ok.
Regards,Kevin.

Margaretta
01-08-2012, 23:25
Kevin, can you and would Janine as residents be able to use the pools facing the sea or are they just for the hotel visitors? The houses do look beautiful....are they differing sizes or all the same?

BobMac
01-08-2012, 23:45
Kevin, can you and would Janine as residents be able to use the pools facing the sea or are they just for the hotel visitors? The houses do look beautiful....are they differing sizes or all the same?

At Easter, the only access to those pools was through the hotel, the gate on the beach was locked and manned by a security guard,

The houses do look lovely but I wonder how much of a problem there will be from aircraft noise, particularly when they are taking of westwards instead of Eastwards - people complain about it on Golf Del Sur and the planes will be a lot lower over those houses

Margaretta
02-08-2012, 00:04
Thank you Bobmac. So that means residents can't use the pools? Or do they have their own?

The issue of aircraft noise on the Golf has come up a lot. We spend a lot of time there and know a number of people who live there. But the only time the noise became irritating for us was when we were at Fairways which really is right under the flightpath. We think that in other parts of the Golf and San Blas it's easy to get used to it and just not notice. Some of us are fascinated by the planes and love to see which ones are coming in and going out. Wind direction also plays a part. Do ask the locals, but those to whom we have spoken say they don't really think about it.

BobMac
02-08-2012, 07:33
Thank you Bobmac. So that means residents can't use the pools? Or do they have their own?

The issue of aircraft noise on the Golf has come up a lot. We spend a lot of time there and know a number of people who live there. But the only time the noise became irritating for us was when we were at Fairways which really is right under the flightpath. We think that in other parts of the Golf and San Blas it's easy to get used to it and just not notice. Some of us are fascinated by the planes and love to see which ones are coming in and going out. Wind direction also plays a part. Do ask the locals, but those to whom we have spoken say they don't really think about it.

We stay on the Golf twice a year normally (air fares permitting) and have never found it a problem other than when we stayed at The Palms and were in a direct line from the end of the runway and were actually able to smell the aviation fuel when they went into reverse thrust to slow down as they landed.

You get used to it , my reservation on the Residencia San Blas would be that they are only 1/4 of a mile from the end of the runway which means that the planes will be a lot lower than they are as they come over the Golf.

Quinlk
02-08-2012, 21:37

Hi margaretta,the residents in residential San blas are not permitted to go into the hotel but if you live here and go in to meet the manager as an individual he will most likely allow you access to any part of the hotel as we have done,the hotel is really nice with heated pools etc,we don't use the hotel much at this time of year though as the pools in the complex are really nice and we practically have it to ourselves at the moment! Don't know are they all the same size but we are in a 3 bed and it's pretty big,think most of them are 3 beds! As for the planes you hear them for the first few days and after that you will not notice them,we are slightly south of the flight path! Hope this helps! Any other questions let me know!

BoPeep
02-08-2012, 21:48
Although San Blas is closer to the airport than the Golf it is in a dip so that should help on the aircraft noise problem I would think.

Margaretta
02-08-2012, 23:35
Quinlk, thank you for your answer. I think the part where I am not clear is about the pools facing the sea . Are those for hotel guests or are they the resident pools?

We've only peeped through the fence!

BobMac
03-08-2012, 00:10
Quinlk, thank you for your answer. I think the part where I am not clear is about the pools facing the sea . Are those for hotel guests or are they the resident pools?

We've only peeped through the fence!

If you mean the pools right on the front, they are the hotel's pools

Quinlk
04-08-2012, 21:05
Yes the ones out at the sea belong to the hotel.

janine446
05-08-2012, 14:47
Hi Janine,only joined the forum few days ago,have lived here since April and are happy here,a lot of houses empty on our complex though! Are ye living here long term? Hope ye are settling in ok.
Regards,Kevin.

Hi Kevin,
yes , we are settling in very nicely, and are planning to be here long term. We have signed a rental contract for 1 yr, but I can see us being here for a lot longer. We love it here in fact. It is a shame that so many of the houses are empty though. We will have to arrange to meet you to say hello.
Regards
Janine

Quinlk
09-08-2012, 22:49
Hi Janine,that's good to hear,would be great to meet some neighbours,not many people around here at all,are ye in the block closest to the sea?we would prob have bumped into each other if we were in same one!?

senses28
12-03-2014, 20:15
Hi, quick question, we are looking at san blas, is it still really quiet?

Quinlk
12-03-2014, 22:32
Hi, quick question, we are looking at san blas, is it still really quiet?

Hi senses, no it's after filling up a lot now,really nice place,I would recommend it!

senses28
12-03-2014, 22:33
are they ok with Dogs?

Quinlk
12-03-2014, 22:35
Ya I think there is no problem,there is a few dogs here already!

senses28
12-03-2014, 22:36
Thanks, i just need to check with the agent its ok, fingers crossed